Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Some investigation about archers and world boss

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some investigation about archers and world boss

Because I'm a bit tired already to hear about OP archers, while I can't see any OP on our server (Temple of Ibalize) because there are a lot of warriors and mages which are a hard nut for my archer, I determined make a narrow inquiry into where is that OP which I've missed.

First of all, I've asked some ppl from my friendlist which playing with other classes, but have equal level (my 42 +/-1) and equal damage (my 5560 +/- 100). Right away it discovered that contentions about OP archers are far from truth. While I've 8-10k reward per attack (I mean single attempt till dying), knights have 7-11k, mages — 6-10k. Yes, we not top-10 in boss fight (I'm about 20 result here), so we maybe need to look at these guys who is top?..

Secondly I had carried out such analysis. And there is one obvious common point for all peoples who can be found in top-10 on our server: all these archers, mages and warriors have high PATK/MATK (no matter, by what means - cash for gems and drills or improving atk to the prejudice of def). Just ATK, nothing more.

Let's see on today's Bloodfang for example:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20120917_worldboss_dmg_dealt.png
Views:	1
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	1732429

Then look on these guys in details:
    HTML Code:
    NICKNAME	DMG	ASTRO
    Envy		6505	+20% non-crit
    Jazzara		6842	
    XeNoZ		6253	+15% crit base
    Meru		6575	
    Mystic2		6136	+20% crit base
    Moock		6170	+20% crit base
    Hurt		6197	+21% float
    FunKY		5706	
    Bakki		7029	
    Sekai		5416
    Well, guys, what I can say: whiners can lament over it further, haters can hate more, but men who wish to be top in worldboss need to make two things: increase his DMG as much as possible and obtain astrals which will increase that DMG yet more.

P.S. Don't forget improve your troops as well. When they will able withstand boss' attack, it will give you one-two additional attacks not to speak of their own attacks.
    P.P.S. If you have considering which troops to chose - angels or knights - I shound say that knights in case of worldboss is better choice. They not only have more powerful attack, but also don't waste it for nothing.

WOW a knight at number 9, He must be either lucky or rich. Or Sekai had to go to the loo.

Comment

All these guys on screenshot are VIP, and first five + this knight are 3-spot-drilled (others also have 2-3 spots open, at least for some equipment). It's their way to achieve such high attack values. Is it bad? Are you really hope to be better than cashers just because you nice guy?
      Concerning the "number 9" - it's bad result for this knight. Usually he's close to first 3. But today I haven't seen him in first few attacks, maybe he missed spawning time.
      By the way, we have here at least 3 another knights who also take part in top-10 race. So Bakki is not unique person.

Comment

Good work Aversante !!! ^^

Comment

Still doesn't account for the fact that archers have multishot and double hit more than they need to, + criticals. Therefore, your gold and daru gain is significantly higher than everyone elses.
          Do I need to state the advantage of significantly more gold and daru gain??
          Wartune:
          Server: [S3]Worg Lair
          Name: Cashmere
          Guild: Kingdom

My
          My

Comment

Nice work buddy!!!

And Gray HATTER * couch * troll *cough*

yes u need to state it. .. Because five of those in the top ten normally use Balens a the boss fight depending on their position it will determine the amount used.

Gray.... what is ur class and stats ect? and astrals? i WILL tell you where u are messing up
            Cambrooke

S103
            Guild: Beast
            Class Mage
            Might Rank #2
            VIP 8

Comment

my realm campt calorn...usually has more mages then archers in the top ten
              s410

MysterA uhhh 1.3 mil br
              Slyph orange Hecate 136k br

Comment

at my server , Edena village all i can see is 9 archers and 1 mage who is 8th most of the times .. bunno about the others off 10 rankings
                Game: Wartune [Last Update: 6/10/2012]
                Server: S2- Edena Village
                IGN: SgtClaire [VIP lvl 3]
                BR: 19.262 LvL 39 4/4 Parts of Arena Armor
                Guild: Divine
                Contribution: 20.290
                If you have any problem related to R2Wartune game, dont 't be afraid to file a ticket

Comment

Server 12, archers all the time, sometimes one stray mage.

Comment

Server 9 Camp Calorn, More mages top 10, also a knight usually.

Comment

For dragon1c: at eden village not 1 but 2 mages and one of them frequently is top 3 and chtulu is knight when he play world boss is ever top ten and carega (not sure if it's this the right name) is knight to and he to is top ten.
                      Anyway for archer is more easy win in WB especially in new server then need see who is top rank strenght and rank level. Instead for higher levels 40+ is always looked at the BR level and are very important troops
                      Each class have him especially i think in pvp and pve at same BR and lvl knight and mage is better for them ability so in battleground is better mage or knight for my opinion.

Comment

ha nope all wrong.. knights are the most gimped class in this game, mages and archers are significantly overpowered in every single way. AOE that costs way less and doesway more damage thenaknight canever dream of. I have a 3000 MDEF yet an aoe from a mage canstill hit me for 4000 dmg. And if they are in Arena gear.. all mages can open with this attack.. HOW IS THAT FAIR?...... An archer can duel hit me for over 5k dmg and i have 4000 PDEF. These classes can multi hit your troops for massive amounts of damage while a knight can only single target damage and still not hit for as hard as these mages and archers...

The developers need to take a serious look at this game and fix these problems. Something is definitely wrong thats why archers and mages dominate EVERYTHING. My server is Serpents den and we have some downright amazing knights with over 5000 attack, but if you look at arena rankings and in WB fights, its nothing but archers and mages on top. If that doesnt set off bells and whistles then the developers of this game are complete idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic2 View Post
                          Nice work buddy!!!

And Gray HATTER * couch * troll *cough*

yes u need to state it. .. Because five of those in the top ten normally use Balens a the boss fight depending on their position it will determine the amount used.

Gray.... what is ur class and stats ect? and astrals? i WILL tell you where u are messing up
                          Yeah, it doesn't take a genius to realize that half the people in top 10 are cashers. So what? That's irrelevant to the point.
                          And even if half the people are cashers, the majority are still archers. And look at the damage scales between archers and everyone else.

Furthermore, Aversante based his whole guide on information he acquired from people who do nearly the same amount of damage.
                          So obviously the rewards are going to be nearly the same. Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose?

And the advantage of more gold and daru is better and higher level troops, better or higher level astrals, better and higher level guild skills. And more.
                          I can't believe you actually made me state the obvious.
                          But I'm just stating there's a flaw in the rationality and this post is still biased like all other archer defense posts.

Lastly, I am a Knight. And I "WILL" tell you I haven't messed up anywhere.
                          Wartune:
                          Server: [S3]Worg Lair
                          Name: Cashmere
                          Guild: Kingdom

My
                          My

Comment

Originally posted by R23108873 View Post
                            ha nope all wrong.. knights are the most gimped class in this game, mages and archers are significantly overpowered in every single way. AOE that costs way less and doesway more damage thenaknight canever dream of. I have a 3000 MDEF yet an aoe from a mage canstill hit me for 4000 dmg. And if they are in Arena gear.. all mages can open with this attack.. HOW IS THAT FAIR?...... An archer can duel hit me for over 5k dmg and i have 4000 PDEF. These classes can multi hit your troops for massive amounts of damage while a knight can only single target damage and still not hit for as hard as these mages and archers...

The developers need to take a serious look at this game and fix these problems. Something is definitely wrong thats why archers and mages dominate EVERYTHING. My server is Serpents den and we have some downright amazing knights with over 5000 attack, but if you look at arena rankings and in WB fights, its nothing but archers and mages on top. If that doesnt set off bells and whistles then the developers of this game are complete idiots.

I am on same server. I happen to be one of those top1-20(its hard to keep up there) duel ranking knights. I hit rank#1 once, but the competition is so tight, you cant keep a high rank for long. Everything you said is exactly right. The developers, need to do something. They created the knight class to be a tank, in a game that needs no tank. This is not world of warcraft or everquest. You can barely even call this rock paper scissors. Knights need a rework, or something... they are broken.

The top 1-5 archers on my server when they hit lvl 40 had lvl 38-40 knights the same day. Where did they get all this daru you might ask? World boss.... Good luck.
                            Last edited by Teralitha; 09-19-2012, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Teralitha View Post
                              I am on same server. I happen to be one of those top1-20(its hard to keep up there) duel ranking knights. I hit rank#1 once, but the competition is so tight, you cant keep a high rank for long. Everything you said is exactly right. The developers, need to do something. They created the knight class to be a tank, in a game that needs no tank. This is not world of warcraft or everquest. You can barely even call this rock paper scissors. Knights need a rework, or something... they are broken.

The top 1-5 archers on my server when they hit lvl 40 had lvl 38-40 knights the same day. Where did they get all this daru you might ask? World boss.... Good luck.
                              Tell me more about how you are 50+ and in the end game.
                              Tell me more about how a TANK is supposed to dish out the most damage in game.

Comment

Working...
                              X