Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Guardian Angel harmful for crit mages?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Guardian Angel harmful for crit mages?

I saw it mentioned somewhere on the forum in an old thread that GA is counterproductive for crit mages, but there wasn't any explanation why. If it hinders the ability to make crit heals, I think it could still be useful in pvp..

Can anyone here give me some information on the interaction between GA and crit mages? I changed to crit fairly recently, so any info is appreciated. If it's no good, I would rather feed my GA to another astral...
    Mage Calira on US East
    Lvl: 80
    BR: 159K+

lol dont worry about it. it reduces THE OPPONENTS crit rate so it wont affect your heals.

the only drawback on it is if you use chaos when they heal it will reduce the crit chance but thats not very often
    IGN- Sylph
    Proficient City s165
    Lvl 80
    light casher
    123k br
    28k br purple 1 star gaia
    crit/block build
    guild:Majapahit
    sky trail up to 2-9

Comment

Originally posted by ancienthug View Post
      lol dont worry about it. it reduces THE OPPONENTS crit rate so it wont affect your heals.

the only drawback on it is if you use chaos when they heal it will reduce the crit chance but thats not very often
      The texto says and I quote "Chance of receiving crit reduced by x%". Oponent is never mentioned since the astral works on yourself.
      Yes it pretty much reduces to 0 the chances of critical heal yourself, I run with it myself for a couple of months until I figured out why I could crit heal everyone in my party, but myself.
      Apart from that I don't think there's any other effects.

BTW ancienthug when one doesn't know what is talking about is wise to keep silent...

JBird
      Boas Tetas, S60 Leaves Fort
      Mage lvl.80 ~8M BR, 5xCW Sorceror EU zone
      One Swallow doensn't make a summer but a Bird crafts a victory

Comment

Yeah, I tested GA affecting crit heals in a stable environment with like...math and ****. GA doesn't reduce or increase the chance of receiving a crit heal.
        So in your own words...
        Originally posted by JBirdie View Post
        BTW JBirdie when one doesn't know what is talking about is wise to keep silent...

Comment

im not a mage so im not an expert at this but im basing it off of the low crit rates of my opponent when i have ga. my crit rate is unaffected so it should be the same for mages
          IGN- Sylph
          Proficient City s165
          Lvl 80
          light casher
          123k br
          28k br purple 1 star gaia
          crit/block build
          guild:Majapahit
          sky trail up to 2-9

Comment

its different for mages than for archers or knights....although I rarely can tell who have ga in arena since I crit too much =P
            IGN: Athena
            Guild: Warriors
            Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
            Class: Archer
            Difficulty Level: Noob
            BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
              Yeah, I tested GA affecting crit heals in a stable environment with like...math and ****. GA doesn't reduce or increase the chance of receiving a crit heal.
              So in your own words...
              How did you conduct your testing?
              I tested thoroughly before ditching it completely, same conditions only GA taken out of the system for days.
              I run in this moment +8k of crit and obviously getting a lot of critical healing.
              I spent 2 about months with crit 6k+ and GA. Before I add GA critical heals where pretty frequent, after none, when I took it out it started happening again. Magic? Maybe, since we're mages...
              The GA Astral reduces the possibility of receiving a crit, no matter of what type, getting a critical heal has a lower chance than hitting a critical, let's say in a na archer or knight, you know the other factos that influence the chance I hope. When you reduce with GA by a high % the chance goes to near 0.
              Last edited by JBirdie; 03-31-2014, 01:37 AM.

JBird

Comment

Originally posted by ancienthug View Post
                im not a mage so im not an expert at this but im basing it off of the low crit rates of my opponent when i have ga. my crit rate is unaffected so it should be the same for mages
                You crit rate is not affected because you are not hitting critical on yourself and GA affects yourself , not others. That's the reason.

JBird

Comment

Working...
                X