X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mages and the Battleground

Ok here's the deal:
    Low level players and the battleground don't match.That's a fact.
    The problem is that, if you don't have one of your main atributes 3k+ you're prettu much dead there unless you have good troops.
    Now my big issue here is that I played 2 times in a row, once we won 1200+ points of advantage and the other one we lost miserably.
    The main problem is that the teams are uneven and once the top ranked players camp the resources no one escape alive.
    Now, in order to make it work, some team balancing would be nice.

And since I said "Mages and the Battleground" here is my question:
    How effective can a healer be in a battleground besides getting resources if he can't heal no one?
    I mean I don't have enough mattak to deal damage so the dual build thing won't work for me and I decided to dedicate my mage to healing and supporting allies.
    Is there a way that I can be effective? Will they allow players to participate the battlegrounds in one way that don't require dealing damage?

Originally posted by hmagnum View Post
    Ok here's the deal:
    Low level players and the battleground don't match.That's a fact.
    The problem is that, if you don't have one of your main atributes 3k+ you're prettu much dead there unless you have good troops.
    Now my big issue here is that I played 2 times in a row, once we won 1200+ points of advantage and the other one we lost miserably.
    The main problem is that the teams are uneven and once the top ranked players camp the resources no one escape alive.
    Now, in order to make it work, some team balancing would be nice.

And since I said "Mages and the Battleground" here is my question:
    How effective can a healer be in a battleground besides getting resources if he can't heal no one?
    I mean I don't have enough mattak to deal damage so the dual build thing won't work for me and I decided to dedicate my mage to healing and supporting allies.
    Is there a way that I can be effective? Will they allow players to participate the battlegrounds in one way that don't require dealing damage?
    You "HEAL" Yourself, you let others worry about themselves, and let them heal with starpoints ^^
    'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
    ☣CAIN☣

Comment

who said mages are bad in bg? they are probably the best in BG because of their self heals. I'm a mage and i win MVP in every bg ever since it was released. i kill, not transport.
      Fuujin - Deputy of Crusaders - S2 - Level 66

Comment

I never said that mages are bad in bg I just said that in the current way it is, it favors players with higer levels and better gears.
        Players who just got 30 (and lvl 30 ) gear don't stand a chance there. They have to rely in gathering resources and praying to survive the high level wave of killing.

I just asked because i'm a healer and I can't do much besides runing from other players that try to kill me, and i'll never be useful this way.
        The team who gets the best matchmaking always win.
        In my previous example you and other top players were in my team and we won by a large margin and on the other game where all top players were on the opposite team, we lost by a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by hmagnum View Post
          I never said that mages are bad in bg I just said that in the current way it is, it favors players with higer levels and better gears.
          Players who just got 30 (and lvl 30 ) gear don't stand a chance there. They have to rely in gathering resources and praying to survive the high level wave of killing.

I just asked because i'm a healer and I can't do much besides runing from other players that try to kill me, and i'll never be useful this way.
          The team who gets the best matchmaking always win.
          In my previous example you and other top players were in my team and we won by a large margin and on the other game where all top players were on the opposite team, we lost by a lot.
          Then let the Big Bosses face the opponents and let the slaves transports the minerals. Haha!
          I have played and become one of the strongest Mage in Server 5 and showed them how powerful mages are than Archers. 'I purchased balens & trying to support r2games 'but now I am quitting because of r2games doesn't even help you out and hear you out. 'They cannot make anything possible hence they are the only one who can do it.

Thank you everyone!
          I enjoyed the game and the game itself rocks!
          'but the company is ruined it.
          Goodbye!

Comment

i dont believe we win solely because of me. i just got out of 2 bg where my teams both times werent so good, only me as a top player. we won by a very large margin, before every bg i give them tactics then during BG i camp all sides of the bg to tell my team where to go. I strongly believe whether you win or lose, its up to your transporters. NOT the killers. 1 killer is busy fighting, 3 other transports run by..

but in pvp type event, of course the higher levels and gears has the favors, simply because of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazzadar View Post
              Then let the Big Bosses face the opponents and let the slaves transports the minerals. Haha!
              ^ This .

Comment

Ok, let me remind you of something that happened once.
                I even joked with you that you just killed me in 1 hit (me and all my pallies).
                That's the problem, top player waste like 10 seconds killing low levels and then proceed to kill others.
                The dead ones, waste 30 seconds reviving, + the time to get to the resource, gather, and die again.
                Wanna discuss tactics? Ok.
                I said to my team the following:
                "You big guys have to protect the ones that are gathering." The response was:
                "We are, by killing them" *proceeds to kill someone while I face a 1 hit death from King*

That's the problem with the current metagame, you can kill, and you can kill fast. Faster then I can revive and gather resources.
                If, and thats a BIG if, the game matched the teams by total usefulness (summing all the P.Attk, M.Attk, Life and Armor + Magic resist) of the players and making the teams even, I would gladly take my healer in the middle of the mess, knowing that I have someone to back me up there, that can fight another strong player in equal terms.
                Right now, the game favors the best matched team, regardless of strategy. Call napoleon if you want, you can't defeat dragon with pack mules, that's the truth.

A pretty resumed explanation of the BG is:
                Get the best gear, go to the max level, and join us in the battleground while you kill 30's - 35's with ease.

And, as you just said, you win your games by killing. If the game was supposed to be balanced, killings should give less and less points based on your level and the defeated player level, allowing you to get more points by "protecting" other players. You should be able to attack someone that is attacking another player (with resources ofc) so their battle with that given player ended and he would be able to deliver his resources.
                Or they should make it like dungeons where you don't have troops but can fight in groups.

Comment

I'm a rare case though, dont base this off of me. No one is near my level when it comes to gear, besides Despair. The majority of BG is pretty balanced, from the teams I've been in. and I have lost 1 bg due to nobody transporting, all killing.

but i agree i wish you can join battles in BG. like 2v1 etc

another note: im out of your bg tomorrow, and ill be alone with no bg. so have fun

Comment

*Still wishes I could heal people in there*

Comment

Originally posted by R23078284 View Post
                      I'm a rare case though, dont base this off of me. No one is near my level when it comes to gear, besides Despair. The majority of BG is pretty balanced, from the teams I've been in. and I have lost 1 bg due to nobody transporting, all killing.

but i agree i wish you can join battles in BG. like 2v1 etc

another note: im out of your bg tomorrow, and ill be alone with no bg. so have fun
                      Noooooo As A Mage You Must Show Your Overbearing Powah!!! ._.
                      'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                      ☣CAIN☣

Comment

i wish i can stay but i rather advance in levels, i have a plan for 40bg anyways =)

Comment

Originally posted by R23078284 View Post
                          who said mages are bad in bg? they are probably the best in BG because of their self heals. I'm a mage and i win MVP in every bg ever since it was released. i kill, not transport.

lol ur also the highest lvl and strongest player in the realm

im in the same real and i do fine in the bg run from the 15 biggest names in the realm fight only when u can win or just dodge and transport ...i fight then when i have to i hunt a weaker player down and prolong the battle a bit to heal myself
                          s410

MysterA uhhh 1.3 mil br
                          Slyph orange Hecate 136k br

Comment

Working...
                          X