Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow-leveling will be obsolete in 2 weeks.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntiApartheid View Post
    No. Slow levellers would always be the Kings, the Winners, of battlegrounds and multi-player arenas. They would also be the Kings, the Winners of PVE (multiplayer dungeons) etc.
    I am level 64, level holder, non casher, BR 98.8k. I always win almost all my battleground and multiplayer arena battles.

I am also always the strongest player in Moon nightmare.

I win in all aspects of the game, PVE or PVP. The only good thing about levelling fast, is that you may be better at guild wars (which nobody really cares about) and solo arena (which really nobody cares about).
    So how's Class Wars working for you?

And I guess you won't care about X-Server GB either, or Evolved Sylphs (which require L70).

Comment

Originally posted by delforcer View Post
      I would say u dont have understand y ppl stop at levels and how they do!
      Senseless posting!
      I would say its an extremely dumb thing to do. By the time you finish camping, the ones who rush in lvling to the top and enduring the suffering of being pwned would've overtaken you in alot of things. They being of a higher lvl would've used the time you spent camping to farm higher lv equipment. They being of a higher lv have the max cap on talents and so would've better growth rate in HS than you who would be trying to avoid exp activities. They being of a higher lvl can do higher lv dungeons which also gives more exp and in fact all their activities give more exp than you. They by not avoiding exp get to do full cata runs and probably would've collected more gems than you in the long run. While it might certainly be harder for them to get a better medal, the thing is medal doesn't really matter much in the top lvl since most big cashers can thrash even slow levellers if they're without their medals while slow levellers equip LD medal.

So just because of a chance of winning in the present, you prefer to sacrifice being able to compete with others when you reach a point where you cannot camp anymore and forced into a higher lvl bracket. Compared to the length of endgame and present camping, I doubt the period you can camp will be longer than the time you'll be forced to spend in endgame unless you quit before then.

To AA, I hardly see you as a winner of PVE. Any decent lv 80 can do moon dungeons and beat any of ur score and stats with ease. The only ones you win against are those camping with you which is definitely less than the group of ppl in the endgame lv range. In fact, the categories that you claimed to win in is only limited to against ppl of the same lvl. You don't win against all in PVP or PVE. To do that you must win against everyone who is able to do PVP or PVE which includes lv65 - 80 players as well as heavy cashers who just started and probably in the range of lv 50 - 64. Thinking that you're a winner is just delusions of grandeur. Maybe its time to wake up from that illusion and face reality =P
      IGN: Athena
      Guild: Warriors
      Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
      Class: Archer
      Difficulty Level: Noob
      BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
        The following changes are noted:
        1) Double EXP event for 30 days.
        2) Big Patch in April to reduce EXP required from Level 40-80.

Big changes coming (Sylph Evolution in a later patch after this).
        The game now begins at level 80. Level 80 PvE set requires Legend 70 set.

Slow-leveling will no longer be viable anymore. Slow-leveling SLOWS your endgame progress.
        In the near future, there will only be ONE level to camp your character -- level 70.

As many people have re-iterated in the past, slow-leveling is not as good as rushing to the highest level and slowly building from there.
        Actually I agree with what condor said.
        I did mention it last year but no one take note.
        Coz at lvl 80 more exp from Tree, if about 90 ppl energizes, assuming each guy on 3 alt to energize tree.

Holy seal maxed and important talents maxed is good.
        But the most important thing is lvl 80 academy and the boost it gives u in world boss.
        Last edited by R21577189; 03-31-2014, 09:49 PM.
        Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
        Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
        Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
        One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
        In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
        One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
        One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
        In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

I would suppose the main argument of slow leveling vs actual leveling would be, slow levelers stunt their end growth. Sure your ruler of BG till you get the last medallion. Then it would be imperative that you would start leveling or your just wasting time.

Lets say a slow leveler stops at 59. After a time they eventually rule bg and get lord divine medallion (which is honestly the only reason to slow level at all). They eventually decide to move up and progress through the game only to find they've stunted their growth in other ways by staying at low levels for so long. Armor, Holy Seal, Astrals (unless they've been working on ones for the new slots). Basically 3 reasons to go ahead and level.

Sure your BR increases while you stay at a level. Imagine how much more your br would've increased if you were actually progressing. By getting ahead at level 59 and staying there your crippling yourself for after you move past that level. You'll be behind on anything unlocked on future levels cause people got tired of losing to you at level 59 and moved up. Now they'll have numerous advantages over you but your lord divine medallion will save you....right?

There is a balance. I'm not saying slow leveling is always bad, (get your medallions and stack your insignia) but if you have achieved everything you can at a certain level go ahead and move up, don't stay there just cause.

Comment

Yeah well how the hell are we supposed to get level 70 set quickly, it's beyond painful as it is. Farming for loids, tokens, leg stones is a nightmare.

Comment

1 more note. God help you if your slow leveling and haven't unlocked your mount or sylphs or talents etc.....your going to fail. big time.

Comment

Originally posted by AntiApartheid View Post
                No. Slow levellers would always be the Kings, the Winners, of battlegrounds and multi-player arenas. They would also be the Kings, the Winners of PVE (multiplayer dungeons) etc.
                I am level 64, level holder, non casher, BR 98.8k. I always win almost all my battleground and multiplayer arena battles.

I am also always the strongest player in Moon nightmare.

I win in all aspects of the game, PVE or PVP. The only good thing about levelling fast, is that you may be better at guild wars (which nobody really cares about) and solo arena (which really nobody cares about).
                So what time zone are you first in Class wars? Your the strongest in Moon NM, when you someone can go to 65 and do DT Nm and get 6x the prize, or just buy when sales. Its not like people with lower BR then you are not chipping away at the 3-4 months it takes to earn the 70 set. So congrats on your 450 insignia a day from group arena a day, its not like someone cant just do 1 floor of TOK NM and earn that prize in 1/30th the time. Care to brag about something else pointless like how your farts are the smelliest?

Comment

Besides, he posted no screenshot. No one ever heard of him in game, anyways.
                  Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                  [No longer logging in]

Comment

How could level 80s hear of someone below 70 anyways. I do keep seeing new players in BG I never herd of before at like level 78 in 60 set with 160k BR though.

Comment

Are the heavy heavies wanting more cannon fodder to chew on then>? Not enough toons their lvl to pick on ?

Nobody wants to rush to 70 to be ra ped in bg by the big bad over paid for toons there.

to be lvl 70 and under 100k br is turning the game into absolute silliness.

Slow lvling til the day they force me to quit the game buddy:P
                      Last edited by thisdude; 04-01-2014, 02:01 AM.

Comment

nah, it won't really affect me. i can't afford the money to evolve my sylph, coz i heard we need at least purple sylph to be able to evolve our sylph, with there's no event token from unlimited events, it's just a dream for me, therefore i won't be lvling to 70s.
                        the other reason i won't be playing on end-game, because i know about myself, when i do lvling, building my char, looking for exp, doing everyday daily, without doing BG and GA (or be stunned everyday in BG and GA), i will be bored and quited the game faster than if i stucked my lvl and plays for fun only.
                        double exp won't affect either, since i don't take exp for a while now

Comment

Originally posted by ImSillPlain View Post
                          nah, it won't really affect me. i can't afford the money to evolve my sylph, coz i heard we need at least purple sylph to be able to evolve our sylph, with there's no event token from unlimited events, it's just a dream for me, therefore i won't be lvling to 70s.
                          the other reason i won't be playing on end-game, because i know about myself, when i do lvling, building my char, looking for exp, doing everyday daily, without doing BG and GA (or be stunned everyday in BG and GA), i will be bored and quited the game faster than if i stucked my lvl and plays for fun only.
                          double exp won't affect either, since i don't take exp for a while now

can't remembe where i read it, i think kong forums

but eventually they will give mahras as a prize in sylph arena to help people evolve sylphs
                          IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
                          Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
                          Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
                          Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                          but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Originally posted by ibzc00 View Post
                            Yeah well how the hell are we supposed to get level 70 set quickly, it's beyond painful as it is. Farming for loids, tokens, leg stones is a nightmare.
                            No one said it was going to be easy. You want easy you pay $$$. Simple as that.

$$$ aside, comparing the growth rate of similar char but with one going for slow lvling while other rushes for max lv, the one with max lv will always win over long run. They'll be farming for lv 70 set while lvling to lv 80, while the slow lvl camps at 64 with their leg 60 set. By the time the slow lvler decides to start farming for lv 70 set, the fast lvler would've gotten it already and have more stats to match the br gap between them and the slow leveler. Not to mention, they would be able to easily stun the slow leveller and their higher lv equipment set bonus gives them more dmg. All these benefits accumulated would've negated the bonus from LD medal vs a crusader or elite crusader medal. The medal on its own really is not that big of a bonus if you add all other lvl related bonuses. But like mentioned earlier, fast lvling is tough since you'd have to endure losing alot against other cashers on pvp events, but in the long run, you are only behind the cashers by special mounts, mount stats, soul engrave lvs and gem lvs. Your talent lv won't be as far behind as the slow levellers so you'd be catching up if you played as hard but spend double the time to accumulate the same amount of experience.

As for winning at PVE, I really wonder who cares if you're the best at completing a dungeon? do the same dungeon for a yr and I'd puke on sight....what use is it to be gd at completing it? There is no ranking for dungeon completion stats either, so no special title to aim for. Ppl always focus more on PVP than PVE in any case, so group arena while tough at lv 80, if you join a strong guild and manage to hoodwink a strong casher to team up with u, you won't lose out much. Its a team based event anyway, so you can always play the support role rather than the killer. CW? never heard of any slow lvler in top ten. All I see are cashers who fast lvl anyway...
                            IGN: Athena
                            Guild: Warriors
                            Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                            Difficulty Level: Noob
                            BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

I camped at lvl 59 til I got LD, in hindsight seems pretty pointless now ^^
                              Blizzarea
                              S147
                              Epic

~ Atoll is Purgatory for Wartuners ~

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                                Slow-leveling will no longer be viable anymore. Slow-leveling SLOWS your endgame progress.
                                In the near future, there will only be ONE level to camp your character -- level 70.

As many people have re-iterated in the past, slow-leveling is not as good as rushing to the highest level and slowly building from there.
                                If you're not a heavy casher, slow-leveling is the best option.

At least you will still have fun beating other people in BG & GA.

No way you can compete with those heavy cashers after level 70+ anyways.
                                Last edited by ZSleepingDragonZ; 04-01-2014, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X