No announcement yet.

Did R2 acquire Kabam accounts/servers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did R2 acquire Kabam accounts/servers?

Recently, Kabam came out with a mobile version of Wartune, which isn't leased by R2 at all (yet?). Also, the whole ordeal with Yahoo! Games and Kabam went down and many players were without home... that is until R2 came up with a solution.

My Evidence
    Kabam West has always had their own leaderboards in the cross-server rankings for as long as they existed. I noticed yesterday, after the 31st, that the leaderboards had newcomers from R2.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	adsasd.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	1748014
    Above, you can see R2 server based players in 'our' leaderboards.

We (Kabam) don't even show up in the Honor Rankings anymore... They're all R2 servers. Take my word for it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	adsasd2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	1748015

When I was doing Group Arena today, I was matched with 2 separate level 40 teams. This has never happened... ever.
    It's been months since I've* been matched up against Koram/Armor games, and here now I'm battling them again.
    Also, I saw opponents from two completely different hosts paired together as opponents to my own team.
    Does that mean we (Kabam West) are now placed in R2's poorly coded algorithm across all their servers?

Am I correct in my presumptions R2_(InsertNameHere) devs? I know it's not much evidence, but I'm aiming confidently in the dark here...
    Last edited by MrPunkinHead; 04-02-2014, 10:50 PM. Reason: typo*
    "… Stupid people do stupid things.
    Smart people outsmart each other.
    Then themselves! Then themselves! …"

CondorHero status: ██
    TheGuardingDark status: ██
    senadbasic status: ██
    oxykotton status: ██

hmm interesting those players in r2games are in oceanic servers

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritombz View Post
      hmm interesting those players in r2games are in oceanic servers
      Makes sense, some of their profiles have avatars I've never seen before and have 'Eastern' langauges.

Comment

I'll make some inquires and see if I can find out if something's happened or not.
        This Forum Admin is no more. He has ceased to be. He's expired and gone on to other work. He's a stiff. If R2 hadn't ignored him he'd still be employed. Bereft of work he lives in peace. His forum duties are now history. He's off the twig, he's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off these forums, run down the thread count, and joined the ex-R2Games Employees Club. This is an ex-Forum Admin.

Comment

Weird! The leaderboards for Kabam east servers are unchanged, all still listing only kabam servers.

Interestingly though, the login link for Kabam servers has always been hosted by R2 -> https://tp.r2games.com/kabam/wtplay?subnetwork=kabam&server_id=******&serverid=*****

Comment

Did Kabam/yahoo players were allowed to transfer to oceanic servers ? http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....edure-Now-Live

Comment

I thought Kabam has exclusive rights on the mobile version of Wartune (don't remember the source, but I think it was a legitimate one).

But I have no idea about the other cross-server linking issues.
              Character Name: hove
              Class: Knight
              Level: 74
              Battle Rating: 109k
              Honor Rank: Lord Divine
              Server: Aeria S4

Comment

Originally posted by YayoiKun View Post
                Did Kabam/yahoo players were allowed to transfer to oceanic servers ? http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....edure-Now-Live
                Why would they be paired with West servers if they're from Oceanic.
                Originally posted by CrypticMystic View Post
                I thought Kabam has exclusive rights on the mobile version of Wartune (don't remember the source, but I think it was a legitimate one).

But I have no idea about the other cross-server linking issues.
                I checked their forum before posting this. They do indeed have control over most aspects of their mobile version.
                Which is why I mentioned R2 doesn't even have the version, yet.
                Last edited by MrPunkinHead; 04-02-2014, 11:29 PM.

Comment

yeah i noticed that too

all these guys from ToK came out of nowhere
                  IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
                  Class: Archer
                  Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
                  Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
                  Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                  but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Okay, we're investigating it and trying to find out what's caused this. If I hear anything more I'll let you all know. Thanks for letting us know.
                    This Forum Admin is no more. He has ceased to be. He's expired and gone on to other work. He's a stiff. If R2 hadn't ignored him he'd still be employed. Bereft of work he lives in peace. His forum duties are now history. He's off the twig, he's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off these forums, run down the thread count, and joined the ex-R2Games Employees Club. This is an ex-Forum Admin.

Comment

Working...
                    X