A Balance Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Balance Discussion

I was initially going to post this in the feedback sub-forum but i thought i would be better to post this here to start a discussion going in futile(?) hope to get some balance sense back into the game.

First off, I would like to state i have toons on all 3 chars with my oldest being an Archer. This is package buff/nerfs that i fill they are very much needed as a whole and at least 1 of them its CRITICAL to happen. I will be talking more about archers, why? Cause they are by far the weakest class and in dire need of attention. Nobody likes to be the servant, and thats what Archers are, the needed class so the other classes get strong while they will never be.

I will post now a series of buff/nerfs, and justify why.

Archer

Eye of the Eagle.
    -Max hp increase, reduced to 8/16% from 10/20%
    -Max pdef and max mdef increased by 3/6%
    -Remove the +20% crit increase. Add +20% chance your attack to be a 100% crit. <-- MOST IMPORTANT BUFF
    Justification: Archers have the lowest survivability from the 3 classes, yes even from mages. First 2 points are a small buff, cause they have a tiny heal and bigger hp pools than they need. MOST importantely this actually gives merit to having crit (ya sometimes am so frustrated i want to go WD on my archer) at the first place. As it currently stands, all archers are FORCED to go crit build and they get royally !@$!@ by guardian angel astral. I suggest to remove the increase to crit from eye of the eagle and replace it with a 20% chance to crit. Therefor GA will STILL reduce archer crit rate but not the point where all your gems/refines/astrals equal to 1 Will destroyer, actually no, its even less than 1 will destroyer cause you don't even have rage.

Delphic Death Star
    -Increase possible targets from 2-4 to 2-6.
    Justification: Archers gets the least rage and this skills demands 100rage, and stilll is extremely unreliable with hilarious low damage for the sacrifice it demands (100 rage). I suggest this change so it makes sense to even skilling it. You still get a chance to get screwed (2 targets but not as much as u get more opportunities to get something 2+)

Bloodthirsty Strike
    -Qte hp heal increased from 10% to 20%
    Justification: Again, this skill is hillarious, apart of having "weird" maths (that i finally decoded), +10% increase of a very low amount of heal while deals very low amount of damage? Only place where this is of any use is in BG if you are massively dominating everyone there, and that if you are not vip9 and u actually care about losing honor. Practically it has no use as it is now.

Archer Talents:

Scrutiny:
    -Fix it to NOT overwrite determination astral.
    Justification: Seriously archers have a talent that NOONE is skilling, they rather have points sitting there than putting them into this.

Fury: Make it last 2 rounds as described on tool tip or fix tooltip!

Knight

Reverse damage
    From 800 damage reflected to 3% damage taken + 200/300/400 damage.
    *procs only if u are still alive after damage is taken
    Duration: From 10 at all levels to 4/6/8 turns
    Justification: Yes this is a buff to knights, but the skill have no sense to be used as u progress in game. At this form is a nice skill and properly balanced, with a scalling that makes sense.

Intercept
    -From 40 rage at all levels to 20/30/40
    Justification: This skill is insanely strong at lvl1 even, its so strong that some ppl dont even skill it pass lvl1 so it remains faster without qte. Make it have a point to be lvled.

Enhanced Block
    -Max hp healed can't go over damage received.
    Justification: They are knights, understandable, they are tanky, understandable, being to fully nullify any attack against em, understandable. But getting healed by an attack?! This needs to fixed ASAP.

Mage
    Mage are a sneaky class, cause you never know how strong they are till u go to very high lvls. None of their skills can really be nerfed.... but their talents...

Mage Talents:
    Survival:
    Healing done from 20% + 5% per further talent level to 14% + 4% per further talent lvl.
    Justification: Over and over, I fought a lot and made a lot of calcs to finally understand what makes mages so insanely OP. Its this talent. If mage had Delfic Sniper. Its DS would deal less damage to him than a full talented Restoration would heal him!!!! THIS IS INSANE. They practically can overheal any damage dps or burst in same range BR.

This part is more general stuff i would like to discuss

Micheleneous

-Add another skill to world boss: 20% chance to avoid a critical hit. (like a lvl4 GA)
    justification: This basically makes wb live a little longer.

Blood rune:
    -Damage does not get increased due to battle time.
    Justification: This makes bloodrune obsenely OP over its same tier rune (healing rune). Its either that or buff healing rune, increase its heal according to time, aka if damage goes to +50%, add +50% more heal.

Sylphs:
    -Auto attack damage does not increase due to battle time.
    For this am not sure, but sylphs already feel strong, and unreduced damage shouldn't be multiplied either.
    Last edited by HELLRAlSER; 04-09-2014, 06:32 PM.

can u post your archer?

Comment

Originally posted by senadbasic View Post
      can u post your archer?
      You mean details on my archer?

Comment

lol so only who is not alow to heal whit out rune is knight agin a archer who bbotch for no reason if knight lose heal from block then archer should lose heal from ** and you complian on it dont do enough damage then it is becuse you is weak try fight top archer ther easy heal 40k+ whit ** short.

Comment

Originally posted by kanusti View Post
          lol so only who is not alow to heal whit out rune is knight agin a archer who bbotch for no reason if knight lose heal from block then archer should lose heal from ** and you complian on it dont do enough damage then it is becuse you is weak try fight top archer ther easy heal 40k+ whit ** short.
          1st. Knight will still be healed. Max the ammount of damage he took. (Be happy cause some wartune publishers have heal from blocked damage capped at 5k, much harsher than what i suggest, and i dont even like it. Am being reasonable and fair above all). And stop pretenting that knights are somehow balanced.
          2nd. Remove BTS all together, useless skill. Am NOT weak, at least to my server am frequently in top 3 of my server in WB, and am highly respected for my achievements. I also get healed nicely when i fight 20k br lower opponents too, BUT that is completely irrelevant.
          Last edited by HELLRAlSER; 04-09-2014, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HELLRAlSER View Post
            I will be talking more about archers, why? Cause they are by far the weakest class
            Enough reading.
            Spamming the forums with many threads will not make you wise.

Comment

Originally posted by RicardoNeto View Post
              Enough reading.
              Ya? Care to elaborate? You think red letters makes u strong?

What archers have in favor is the massive amount of nabs this game harbour. Anyone that knows how to play can make short work of any archer in similar br.

Comment

You mean details on my archer?
                yea picture of your archer we will see better where u have difficulty against others

Comment

yea picture of your archer we will see better where u have difficulty against others
                  Sort of bombed massively my gems for the event, lately but give me 2mins.
                  edit: Am on Determination lvl10, RGB 8.

Click image for larger version

Name:	balance debate1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	1685259
                  Last edited by HELLRAlSER; 04-09-2014, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Ya? Care to elaborate? You think red letters makes u strong?

What archers have in favor is the massive amount of nabs this game harbour. Anyone that knows how to play can make short work of any archer in similar br.
                    Oh YES I'm Superman because I use Red letters!!
                    Spamming the forums with many threads will not make you wise.

Comment

1st. Knight will still be healed. Max the ammount of damage he took. (Be happy cause some wartune publishers have heal from blocked damage capped at 5k, much harsher than what i suggest, and i dont even like it. Am being reasonable and fair above all). And stop pretenting that knights are somehow balanced.
                      2nd. Remove BTS all together, useless skill. Am NOT weak, at least to my server am frequently in top 3 of my server in WB, and am highly respected for my achievements. I also get healed nicely when i fight 20k br lower opponents too, BUT that is completely irrelevant.
                      BTS isn't useless our top archer on our server heal 40k hp with it and dmg more than it with talents u get 16 sec cd lower and 23% more dmg on it which in return heal more

Comment

Originally posted by RicardoNeto View Post
                        Oh YES I'm Superman because I use Red letters!!
                        No i meant the red letters of crit. You think THAT what makes someone strong? flashy letters?

Comment

BTS isn't useless our top archer on our server heal 40k hp with it and dmg more than it with talents u get 16 sec cd lower and 23% more dmg on it which in return heal more
                          I know that. But as i said, when i fight 20k lower br opponents i get healed nicely too, but again this is beside the point.

Comment

No i meant the red letters of crit. You think THAT what makes someone strong? flashy letters?
                            yes, red is a strong colour
                            IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
                            Class: Archer
                            Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
                            Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
                            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                            but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Eye of the Eagle.
                              -Remove the +20% crit increase. Add +20% chance your attack to be a 100% crit. <-- MOST IMPORTANT BUFF

well at high level you will see that +20% crit rate > 20% for a 100% crit

DDS
                              no opinion, mainly for GA only

BT Strike
                              no the current amount of healing is very enough, my teammate use ** in MPD can heal 30K+

Reverse damage
                              should reverse base on % not a fixed damage, totally useless atm after lvl 60

Enhanced Block
                              healing 4% of max hp doesn't OP in my opinion, knight don't have any method to heal themselves so I think it is acceptable

hmm I don't see any big problem you stated
                              SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
                              IGN: Kimwong
                              CLASS: Knight
                              PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
                              BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
                              Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

Comment

Working...
                              X