The "I want BG by BR!" thread [merged threads]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KS222 View Post
    They could do that, but it's doesn't benefit R2/7Road to do so. Unfairness in PvP is part of what motivates players to spend (or just avoid it entirely).

That is why I suggested a system that rewards you more for fighting people near your BR or higher BR than you. It fosters competition (and spending) by getting the monsters to fight each other and to pick on the "weaker" monsters. That is a change that could net R2/7Road more money and make bg/ft more fun for everyone (except those who just like running around getting easy wins, but there is nothing to stop them from continuing to act that way; they'd just get worse rewards).
    Far more intelligent than some of the posts and by far the best idea. That's why R2Games will reject it in favor or giving more rewards to the higher brs and making that gap even bigger...then they sit back and wonder why players are leaving the game

Comment

• Originally posted by rangelaeyes View Post
      BR brackets wouldn't work. The sole purpose of mixing weaker players with stronger ones, like we have now, leads to more income for R2 and other providers. A weak player wants to be able to beat/compete/last longer then 2 turns against a strong player, so they spend, R2 is happy, and the player gets a feeling of accomplishment, at the cost of several hundred/thousand dollars.

It's an intelligent ploy to make more money, and despite the community's complaints, it works.
      Yeah the loss of players and the decrease in R2Games weekly revenues for this game are proof it works...lol

Comment

• I suspect, by a large margin, the real outcome is people LEAVE the game. Most people have real bills and expenses, making a choice to pay those instead of buy the next set of wings just to be competitive, in a game, or they are minors who don't have money to spend. I understand what you're saying, and I believe R2 would actually benefit from making the game more competitive amongst those who wish to or are able to spend money and the same with those who cannot. It's kind of like weightlifting, competing in a steroid free competition while "juicing" is considered cheating.

Comment

• keep an eye on the time when it starts,just pop in
          at the last min and check out the others in the bg
          to see if you can compete with them.if not just
          let the last few min tick away.

Comment

• Originally posted by uncamilfy View Post
            Yeah the loss of players and the decrease in R2Games weekly revenues for this game are proof it works...lol

it won't matter how many leave,this is a short term game which is why the
            speed leveling is encouraged to reach cap as fast as possible leaving players
            to simply work on the cap gems/accessories.this game is not meant to be for
            very long,which also means cashers are wasting money.

anyone looking for a long term mmo should be looking for a game styled in
            the way lotro is,with an actual story line and not just stuff tossed in for something
            to do,but a real quest line and crafting with long term gain/skills are built into it.

(lotro is one example,not going to take the time to list all of them)

Comment

• if you're crying about getting stomped in bg, it's your own fault for leveling too quickly. End of story, and has little to do with casher-non casher. True, you can get stuck in the higher lvl bracket, but that's just luck of the draw.

Comment

• Originally posted by R2sucksbad View Post
                if you're crying about getting stomped in bg, it's your own fault for leveling too quickly. End of story, and has little to do with casher-non casher. True, you can get stuck in the higher lvl bracket, but that's just luck of the draw.
                Leveling quickly isn't the main situation. Some don't take the time to build up their stats so they can have a fighting chance. I learned that the hard way and wound up retiring two of my toons. My current one is doing a lot better because I'm actually building up their stats rather than speed leveling.

Comment

• Originally posted by daunapu View Post
                  Uhm, no. 99% of the people cashing do it so they can roflstomp everyone else in bg/ga/cw, not to have "good" fight vs similar br. You can fight similar br on any lvl, with any br. If bg/any pvp is divided by br, why should anyone try to upgrade his toon with money or time or strategy, if he can get exactly the same quality of fights without doing it?!
                  Do cashers cash for easy wins or is that just what we get rewarded for? The fact is that I get the same reward per fight whether I kill a 100k BR or a 600k BR and the 100k dies a lot faster. Since we need lots of kills to get better rewards overall, guess who I'm going to pick on? That's why I suggest changing what we're rewarded for. Good fights are a lot more fun than 2-3 hit killing people; I just lose out on a lot of soul seals if I play that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by uncamilfy View Post
                    The only disaster would be fairer fights and players actually learning to skill rather than overpower
                    The problem with BR brackets is how easy it is to manipulate. They'd need some form of safeguard to keep people from just stripping to get into lower BR bracket bgs.

Also, from a $ standpoint, R2/7Road lose out with BR brackets. The reason is simple. People like to camp at the top of a bracket to maximize their rewards. With level brackets, that means you'll see people camping at levels ending in 4 and 9 to be at the top of their bracket. They stay lower level but keep building BR through time and $. If you make BR brackets, you'd see people camp at the top of their bracket and stop growing because its much better to be at the top than at the bottom of the next bracket.

Comment

Do cashers cash for easy wins or is that just what we get rewarded for? The fact is that I get the same reward per fight whether I kill a 100k BR or a 600k BR and the 100k dies a lot faster. Since we need lots of kills to get better rewards overall, guess who I'm going to pick on? That's why I suggest changing what we're rewarded for. Good fights are a lot more fun than 2-3 hit killing people; I just lose out on a lot of soul seals if I play that way.
                      So you prove my point that close/equal fights actually give you less rewards, and thats why no one wants this and it will never happen. Case closed.
                      THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

• I've just returned to the game after about two years of not playing. While I haven't gotten to max level to see how the battlegrounds are up there, I'm rather disappointed to see that the lower level brackets have become such extreme farming zones. As a former player, I kinda saw this coming so it doesn't really surprise me but I expected something to be done about it by now. At max level I'd fully expect to get wrecked by players with nightmarish br's that have been here for years but this kind of extreme farming at lower levels is discouraging for new players and shouldn't be allowed to go on. I'd like to see some sort of experience added to battlegrounds so that infinitely farming them is no longer possible.

Comment

• I would like to see battlegrounds just go back to fighting within your own server.

The game felt a lot more personal when all of the events of a server took place with that servers inhabitants. Then when worlds merge, the worlds that merge share all of their events. When you start doing cross-realm things it brings up so many ways to be exploited. Not to mention that besides weekly guild battles, where do players within the same server really get to compete with their characters? Solo arena's you're just fighting npc versions of people. Battlegrounds you just get farmed by campers who never leave their level bracket, meaning you won't really see your own world in any meaningful way. Group arena's might work some of the time, but being randomly paired up against people a hundred times stronger than you with no hope of winning just isn't cool.

The whole concept of cross-realm in this game is broken unless you make several servers at similar times and just group those worlds together.

What is the point of grouping together server 5 and server 500, do you really think anyone is going to realistically compete with a 700k battle rating when their server came out less than 24 hours ago?

If every world was given its own community, and dealt with other worlds as they merged, I would be far more inclined to spend large amounts of money and time playing this game.

As it is right now, I'm having a difficult time merely convincing myself to play.

If R2 wants money, that's cool, I'll support that, but all I'm saying is that I am far more inclined to spend money competing with people that started at a similar time, than I am to spend money competing with someone that is so much stronger than me that 10,000$ wouldn't make a difference.

So ultimately, the way they're doing things right now, they're losing out on money, not gaining any.
                          Last edited by R26674423; 02-16-2015, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by daunapu View Post
                            So you prove my point that close/equal fights actually give you less rewards, and thats why no one wants this and it will never happen. Case closed.
                            Perhaps you should read what I said more carefully. I said they should change the rewards because we are currently penalized for good fights and rewarded for easy kills. Change the rewards and the behavior will change too.

Comment

• Another possibility to balance the playing field in battlegrounds/fire temple is to have league points influence the matching. If you're fighting your level bracket and your league points bracket (iron, silver, gold, diamond), then as the week goes on, many of the stronger players will be in higher brackets. Its not perfect; players who get a carry in arena may find it costs them in bg and people who can't/don't do arena much will be in lower brackets even if they have monster BRs. It would probably be the easiest to code though, since it uses a system already in place and just applies it to another part of the game.

Comment

Perhaps you should read what I said more carefully. I said they should change the rewards because we are currently penalized for good fights and rewarded for easy kills. Change the rewards and the behavior will change too.
                                I agree behavior will change with rewards, but you fail to understand it is in human nature to want more and better stuff as a reward, so this will never happen. You gain inner satisfaction from a "good fight", but some do from killcount. As i wrote before "good fights" you can do on any level with any br if thats what you want.
                                THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Working...
                                X