X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daunapu
    replied
    Originally posted by KS222 View Post
    Do cashers cash for easy wins or is that just what we get rewarded for? The fact is that I get the same reward per fight whether I kill a 100k BR or a 600k BR and the 100k dies a lot faster. Since we need lots of kills to get better rewards overall, guess who I'm going to pick on? That's why I suggest changing what we're rewarded for. Good fights are a lot more fun than 2-3 hit killing people; I just lose out on a lot of soul seals if I play that way.
    So you prove my point that close/equal fights actually give you less rewards, and thats why no one wants this and it will never happen. Case closed.

Leave a comment:

• KS222
    replied
    Originally posted by uncamilfy View Post
    The only disaster would be fairer fights and players actually learning to skill rather than overpower
    The problem with BR brackets is how easy it is to manipulate. They'd need some form of safeguard to keep people from just stripping to get into lower BR bracket bgs.

Also, from a $ standpoint, R2/7Road lose out with BR brackets. The reason is simple. People like to camp at the top of a bracket to maximize their rewards. With level brackets, that means you'll see people camping at levels ending in 4 and 9 to be at the top of their bracket. They stay lower level but keep building BR through time and $. If you make BR brackets, you'd see people camp at the top of their bracket and stop growing because its much better to be at the top than at the bottom of the next bracket.

Leave a comment:

• KS222
    replied
    Originally posted by daunapu View Post
    Uhm, no. 99% of the people cashing do it so they can roflstomp everyone else in bg/ga/cw, not to have "good" fight vs similar br. You can fight similar br on any lvl, with any br. If bg/any pvp is divided by br, why should anyone try to upgrade his toon with money or time or strategy, if he can get exactly the same quality of fights without doing it?!
    Do cashers cash for easy wins or is that just what we get rewarded for? The fact is that I get the same reward per fight whether I kill a 100k BR or a 600k BR and the 100k dies a lot faster. Since we need lots of kills to get better rewards overall, guess who I'm going to pick on? That's why I suggest changing what we're rewarded for. Good fights are a lot more fun than 2-3 hit killing people; I just lose out on a lot of soul seals if I play that way.

Leave a comment:

• R220603854
    replied
    Originally posted by R2sucksbad View Post
    if you're crying about getting stomped in bg, it's your own fault for leveling too quickly. End of story, and has little to do with casher-non casher. True, you can get stuck in the higher lvl bracket, but that's just luck of the draw.
    Leveling quickly isn't the main situation. Some don't take the time to build up their stats so they can have a fighting chance. I learned that the hard way and wound up retiring two of my toons. My current one is doing a lot better because I'm actually building up their stats rather than speed leveling.

Leave a comment:

• R2sucksbad
    replied
    if you're crying about getting stomped in bg, it's your own fault for leveling too quickly. End of story, and has little to do with casher-non casher. True, you can get stuck in the higher lvl bracket, but that's just luck of the draw.

Leave a comment:

• Arandeath
    replied
    Originally posted by uncamilfy View Post
    Yeah the loss of players and the decrease in R2Games weekly revenues for this game are proof it works...lol

it won't matter how many leave,this is a short term game which is why the
    speed leveling is encouraged to reach cap as fast as possible leaving players
    to simply work on the cap gems/accessories.this game is not meant to be for
    very long,which also means cashers are wasting money.

anyone looking for a long term mmo should be looking for a game styled in
    the way lotro is,with an actual story line and not just stuff tossed in for something
    to do,but a real quest line and crafting with long term gain/skills are built into it.

(lotro is one example,not going to take the time to list all of them)

Leave a comment:

• Arandeath
    replied
    keep an eye on the time when it starts,just pop in
    at the last min and check out the others in the bg
    to see if you can compete with them.if not just
    let the last few min tick away.

Leave a comment:

• Yofireballer
    replied
    I suspect, by a large margin, the real outcome is people LEAVE the game. Most people have real bills and expenses, making a choice to pay those instead of buy the next set of wings just to be competitive, in a game, or they are minors who don't have money to spend. I understand what you're saying, and I believe R2 would actually benefit from making the game more competitive amongst those who wish to or are able to spend money and the same with those who cannot. It's kind of like weightlifting, competing in a steroid free competition while "juicing" is considered cheating.

Leave a comment:

• uncamilfy
    replied
    Originally posted by rangelaeyes View Post
    BR brackets wouldn't work. The sole purpose of mixing weaker players with stronger ones, like we have now, leads to more income for R2 and other providers. A weak player wants to be able to beat/compete/last longer then 2 turns against a strong player, so they spend, R2 is happy, and the player gets a feeling of accomplishment, at the cost of several hundred/thousand dollars.

It's an intelligent ploy to make more money, and despite the community's complaints, it works.
    Yeah the loss of players and the decrease in R2Games weekly revenues for this game are proof it works...lol

Leave a comment:

• uncamilfy
    replied
    Originally posted by KS222 View Post
    They could do that, but it's doesn't benefit R2/7Road to do so. Unfairness in PvP is part of what motivates players to spend (or just avoid it entirely).

That is why I suggested a system that rewards you more for fighting people near your BR or higher BR than you. It fosters competition (and spending) by getting the monsters to fight each other and to pick on the "weaker" monsters. That is a change that could net R2/7Road more money and make bg/ft more fun for everyone (except those who just like running around getting easy wins, but there is nothing to stop them from continuing to act that way; they'd just get worse rewards).
    Far more intelligent than some of the posts and by far the best idea. That's why R2Games will reject it in favor or giving more rewards to the higher brs and making that gap even bigger...then they sit back and wonder why players are leaving the game

Leave a comment:

• uncamilfy
    replied
    Originally posted by Yesheron View Post
    Battlegrounds already has level brackets. Matching by Battle Rating has already been discussed and would lead to a disaster.
    The only disaster would be fairer fights and players actually learning to skill rather than overpower

Leave a comment:

• rangelaeyes
    replied
    *strips down naked, puts sylph to rest mode and takes off BR-gaining astrals then enters a BG*

Yay! pansies!

*puts the laughter back in slaughter*

Is this really what you want?

Leave a comment:

• ATreeTopper
    replied
    My idea also has a lot of limitations and other issues, beyond the Devs' programming competence. I doubt given the amount of planning involved it would fly, given one of the biggest possible abuses to that system would be players entering the BG pet off/naked/no astrals and proceeding to gear up. Would take a lot more resources then 7Road seems willing to invest for something they do not directly make a profit from, unlike say...marriages or mounts.

Leave a comment:

• daunapu
    replied
    Originally posted by ATreeTopper View Post
    Perhaps a variant by overall BR matching by side, so we do not see as often 500k + BRs on one side and none on the other? The ROFLstompers can still get their kicks and the wee guys can find someone closer to try and stomp too.
    (Edit)
    An example is no side can be more than 20% higher then the other. If Team Red has 5 million total BR, then Team Blue cannot exceed 6 million BR. Also would require lowering the current timer for kicking AFK players to say... two minutes?
    Since you can join and leave BG at any time, this is way to hard for r2 staff to code, and knowing their skills id rather not ask for this

Leave a comment:

• ATreeTopper
    replied
    Originally posted by daunapu View Post
    Uhm, no. 99% of the people cashing do it so they can roflstomp everyone else in bg/ga/cw, not to have "good" fight vs similar br. You can fight similar br on any lvl, with any br. If bg/any pvp is divided by br, why should anyone try to upgrade his toon with money or time or strategy, if he can get exactly the same quality of fights without doing it?!
    Perhaps a variant by overall BR matching by side, so we do not see as often 500k + BRs on one side and none on the other? The ROFLstompers can still get their kicks and the wee guys can find someone closer to try and stomp too.
    (Edit)
    An example is no side can be more than 20% higher then the other. If Team Red has 5 million total BR, then Team Blue cannot exceed 6 million BR. Also would require lowering the current timer for kicking AFK players to say... two minutes?
    Last edited by ATreeTopper; 02-12-2015, 01:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X