The "I want BG by BR!" thread [merged threads]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deduneD View Post
    The cross server BG is just a gimmick to give cashers better fights. In my server the cashers had the sense to let people cart, thus keeping them interested. Now we have cross server morons who couldn't give a fig for anybody below them, this will lead to empty BG's. You'll see people hanging around the respawn area more and more, less participation in the long run and cashers fighting cashers, spending more (no brainer) to beat each other and R2 rubbing their hands together in glee.

So, big up, be sensible, let minnoes cart first and have fun! I don't like being the only meat on the menu! ^^
    Well..for the ppl who hang in respawn area too much, they get kicked from bg. losing any honor and insignia reward as well as their 1 attempt. So those who hope to still afk in BG cannot do so (by afk meaning you do not go collect cart/kill ppl) Even if u move around the respawn area it is still considered afking and you get kicked. Tested it out myself =P.
    IGN: Athena
    Guild: Warriors
    Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
    Class: Archer
    Difficulty Level: Noob
    BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

Do not get me wrong, I never sit around and wait for the end. I'm very happy going and carting and getting my rear handed to me but some are not, they will simply give up on BG's. Some have already, due to the large amounts of honor they lose. My record is -2764 in 1 BG, it isn't sustainable. As for afking, I'm glad they are doing something to deal with them, more active players does increase a teams chance of winning.

Comment

Originally posted by deduneD View Post
        but some are not, they will simply give up on BG's.
        Well that's fine. No one is forcing anyone to play... Let them leave, others with more backbone will replace them.

Comment

i see players coming out naked to die fast gain dryads then gear up and kill people making them lose 400 honor as a noncash player myself im done with bg
          Arguing on the internet is like running Something... Even if you win, you're still Loved

Comment

Duh, I'm a non-cash player, I haven't spend a dime in it (except the payment for the internet connection at my home), but I can OWN the bg if I want to...

Instead of blaming them, and even blaming yourself (for having no cash), use your mind on how to be strong even when you are at you're at a disadvantaged situation...

The new bg is good, lets me see new faces and strong players who can match with me... You know, it feels good when you see someone who is like you... hehe.. (too bad I'll never see Ginger and Creamy in bg... )
            If you think you are smart, then you are at the height of your stupidity.
            -quoted from R.K.

Comment

how did I contradict myself out of curiosity? I was just explaining a situation that happened? but I agree, that without some severe repurposing of tactics Free players cannot hope to hold a candle to cashers in CSBG, I am in the top 30 on my server & was beaten by cashers below my level & above my level, I generally don't fight people in BG, happy with just carting crystals, which is not so much an option anymore in BG, depending on the level.

Comment

Originally posted by R26326601 View Post
                not to contradict you, but your experience was limited to your server's bg until now. ours, on the other hand, has seen lots of play from all levels in the months that i've been on because it's easier to get into bg than gb when looking to gain honor. having the 40+ levels divided has been a good thing, but you see the obviously op players who have purposely stayed below the next level threshold to feed off of the weaker players with impunity, so the lvl40-45s and 50-55s are still going to have a hard time. there are lots of op players with low honor levels who don't even need dryads to drain honor from crusader level players, as they're heavy cashers who must not have done many bgs or gbs until now (a lvl40 or 50-something with 40k+ br and honor around 20k? how does that happen?).

overall, i can't say that bg has changed significantly other than seeing different faces (not knowing who to target and who to avoid as easily). i'm not a fan of how much longer it is as it drags on far too long and i think there should be some way to weight honor loss with a factor of br difference (back to my other point of op players with low honor who are able to take 300+ honor per win).

also, who was the member of mensa who decided it was a good idea to have bg at the same time as wb?
                1.6X should shift the brackets to both overlapping and random (across qualified brackets) x9 camping *may* be reduced.

Comment

enter the bg for the last 5 mins.... u can afk for that long. quest done, honor insig earned, move on

I just like how i got 17 kills, mvp -262 honor whats my incentive again? I cant sustain the honor loss from a level 70 elite warrior
                  Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

actually you can't enter in the last 5 mins of BG it actually prevents you from doing it by giving you the message stating "The battle has entered the final countdown, you cannot enter now"

Comment

i did 1rst run last night, lots of ppl, npc stronger. I like it nice honor +
                      A Knight In Shining Armor Is A Man Who Has Never Has Hes Metal Truly Tested !!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexandrusS5 View Post
                        actually you can't enter in the last 5 mins of BG it actually prevents you from doing it by giving you the message stating "The battle has entered the final countdown, you cannot enter now"
                        correction: the last 6 minutes then grab a cart run around for 1 minute bring it back to the resource officer, then sit ur butt in camp
                        Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

I would like to add some comment too, sorry I forgot before

Battlegrounds are not collectcrystalsground as one of my servermates said. Whoever really battled, that one must be now Elite Crusader at least. Honor losses are not so heavy in my personal case.
                          I am in 70+ BG group and am one of the weakest. But usually i end with ... lets say ... +80 honor and thats good. I am getting pawned a lot, but its still better than bullying lower levels.
                          New BG suits me (just personal comment, no arguing with others here).

Therefore very high rangs made by pawning weak alts of other players means now issue. Getting pawned because of collecting crystals only and having too low medallion is now an issue.
                          But honestly...issue of improper playing I would say. Correct me if I am wrong, of course

Comment

Originally posted by LordRaider View Post

Battlegrounds are not collectcrystalsground as one of my servermates said. Whoever really battled, that one must be now Elite Crusader at least. Honor losses are not so heavy in my personal case.
                            I am in 70+ BG group and am one of the weakest. But usually i end with ... lets say ... +80 honor and thats good. I am getting pawned a lot, but its still better than bullying lower levels.

Therefore very high rangs made by pawning weak alts of other players means now issue. Getting pawned because of collecting crystals only and having too low medallion is now an issue.
                            But honestly...issue of improper playing I would say. Correct me if I am wrong, of course
                            What honor rank (and numerical honor amount) are you?

Comment

Originally posted by LordRaider View Post

Good for you.

I lost to a lvl 60 knight crusader i am Crusader -200 honor, then i lost to a lvl 69 crusader -400 honor.

I have given up on BG i have no chance since i often gets kicked in with heavy spenders i think i am lucky if i can get a kill and then i get 35 honor.

So far am my grand total gains from BG -4k honor.

Comment

I personally have noticed a large population of the 60's are very low rank, Elite Warrior & Crusader, this makes it difficult for those who've gotten higher ranks.

Comment

Working...
                                X