battlegrounds needs battle rating and/or level seperation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battlegrounds needs battle rating and/or level seperation

we've all been at this point. the high level or high battle rating players picking on the newbies for pretty much free honor. this shouldn't be the way battlegrounds are. battlegrounds should be a real tough fight against players of about equal level or battle rating. basicly it should be seperated levels ex: 30-34, 35-39, 40-44 or battle rating: (yes i've seen ppl in bgs with 6k br) 6k-9k, 10k-14k, 14k-19k, 20k-24k. this way the battle grounds will be a challenge and not a mad run to stay away from the high lvls/br players that will pretty much 1-2 shot them.

just got out of a bg that this happened. all but maybe 1 or 2 players were under the 10k battle rating on the opposite team. while i was on the team with nearly everbody but myself and 2-3 others over the 10k mark. needless to say, we lost by nearly 2k. i believe this is a issue that needs to be addressed to continue to make the game fun.

you think 30-39 is unfair? wait till a lvl 80 fight a lvl 40

Comment

exactly, it shouldn't be that way. there should be a challenge in the bgs. not a mad dash to stay away from the ppl that can 1-2 shot ya like i explained in the first post

Comment

+1

i agree

but then again ...

^^

if the battle are separated by their BR

the players will simply
        remove 1 item on their inventory
        to lower their BR
        Server: S3 WORG LAIR
        IGN: LordFireMage
        LVL: 4X

Comment

Originally posted by LordFireMage View Post
          +1

i agree

but then again ...

^^

if the battle are separated by their BR

the players will simply
          remove 1 item on their inventory
          to lower their BR
          thanks but i have a simply solution to that problem if that part of the idea is accepted. players cant equip items during the bg.

Comment

I agree the Battlegrounds need some way of evenly distributing the different Battle rating its plain no fun losing all the time casue the other team is stacked with all the best players on the server....which only get better cause they win all the time big flaw in my opinion need a fast fix. And its not hard to tell which players have the highest Brating even if they take the gear off for matchmaking everyone has to log out of the game at some point in time u should be able to tell what there rating has been at its highest point and thus seperate teams correctly.

Comment

believe me split it based on battle rating would NOT work

why? because you can always take off all your gears when entering the map to drop your battle ratings, and re-equip them inside map.

makes sense?

Comment

or... Battlegrounds auto-unequips every item/astral and puts us on an even playing field. skill vs skill with 5 levels apart brackets (20-25,25-30, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by lcostanza View Post
                  believe me split it based on battle rating would NOT work

why? because you can always take off all your gears when entering the map to drop your battle ratings, and re-equip them inside map.

makes sense?
                  please read my post before this one. this topic isnt even on it's second page. you could at least read the first

Originally posted by DizzieSpider View Post
                  or... Battlegrounds auto-unequips every item/astral and puts us on an even playing field. skill vs skill with 5 levels apart brackets (20-25,25-30, etc.)
                  that would remove the point of pvp gear.
                  Last edited by Thaurane; 09-20-2012, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Absolutely right,I tryed it yesterday for the first time...but after I tryed to collect my first one I was already death lol...

Second try the same...and so on

At the End I only got 80 Honor total for 2 times Battleground :O

Comment

You won't get enough people to fill a 30 men match in many brackets in many servers. Plus BG is about teamwork, not personal honor farming. With balanced teams low br players carry crystals while high br ones cover them. What the game needs is a balance between teams so that one team does not end up with all high level/high brs of that bracket. Despite what R2 thinks, BG and arena matching of Wartune is beyond terrible and that's the reason why most people suffer.

Comment

I'm on the lower end of the gear scale due to never being able to make arena's due to the time frame(yes I play on the right server for my area), so I know the pain of being outgeared, and now that I'm lvl 40, out leveled by far. I can win a fight here or there in the bg's but it few and far between atm. I mean yes its a pain to go out there attempting to collect to gain points(since I can't kill people for more honor), and risk costing my team points(moreso giving other team points for dying), but I still go out there and try to pick up stones before I get attacked, so even if I die, I can turn in the stones. Doesn't always work, but I'm not just gonna sit idle the whole match and not even attempt to help my team.

Comment

Originally posted by lessac View Post
                          You won't get enough people to fill a 30 men match in many brackets in many servers. Plus BG is about teamwork, not personal honor farming. With balanced teams low br players carry crystals while high br ones cover them. What the game needs is a balance between teams so that one team does not end up with all high level/high brs of that bracket. Despite what R2 thinks, BG and arena matching of Wartune is beyond terrible and that's the reason why most people suffer.
                          if there arent enough people to do brackets with 30 people then the GM needs to stop releasing more servers and spreading out the players.

Comment

Originally posted by Thaurane View Post
                            if there arent enough people to do brackets with 30 people then the GM needs to stop releasing more servers and spreading out the players.
                            That's not what R2 does because new server means also old players migrating and trying to get on top hence spending money. Later on they will merge server because of low population. I think we have accepted this cycle ages ago.

Comment

Working...
                            X