No announcement yet.

Floating Damage Astral

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread is interesting, I'd finally like to know if floating is useful or not :P Cant GMs ask devs if they dont know?

Comment

Originally posted by Warcurse View Post
      This thread is interesting, I'd finally like to know if floating is useful or not :P Cant GMs ask devs if they dont know?
      In the long run it is useful, especially for long battles and bossfights. You'd have higher chance to hit the higher damage interval making your overall damage slightly higher in the end for long fight. This is merely a Chance tho, you may end up hitting the lower average part over hundred times in a row, just like I've failed enchanting an item on 80% seven times in a row. Tho if you are farming the mobs in the wild and you'd usually 1-hit them, this astral may lower your damage for some occurances and you may be stuck in the battle for Two turns instead. I'd say it is useful for dungeons and bossfights, it may be a gamble in duels and in battles which would usually end in 1-2 turns.

Not quite sane.

S-75 Inmate
      S-55 Donea

Comment

Thanks nice job
        D3ad Strike64

Name: D3adStrike64

Guild: SoulEdge

Server: 28[Heroic Stadium]

_________________________________________________________________________
        the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.
        -Steve Jobs

Comment

Originally posted by PokemaniaX View Post
          the referance has defense involved in various cases. It is Totally nonrelevant as I was just clarifying the percentage and chances when using the floating damage astral in Theory. My damage range values are just made up to show it in image. However, you are missing out how the damage is being generated and how the random encounter goes through All of the possible damage number you could ever deal before the displaying damage amount is finally being displayed. You are So offtopic and missing the point here.

In addition, your damage range from your average damage could Never be 90% and 110% of average, varying 10% through the scale.
          While testing with over 100 hits on the same target, my minimum hit was 2.7k, while maximum hit slightly over 5k. Average being ¬ 3850 of which my minimum hit did not quite equal 90% nor my max hit ever stayed close 110%

No idea from where your referred guide's numbers were pulled out from aswell I giggled once I saw the argument over minimum damage scale. It's up to you wether you decide to make my calculus into a mockery and "Roll on The Floor Laughing" (did you really do that? ^^) or put it in a test yourself before you have random guessing aswell arguments against my numbers.
          You realize of course that the 90-110 applies before other modifiers right? So, for example, ROF does 140% of base damage, forgetting QTE for a second. So at the bottom of the range it would be 126% and top 154% thus creating a variance of 28% not the 20% base. Add QTE in and it expands even further. Try using a skill with no QTE and minimal damage modification and you will see that all the hits come in a pretty tight range.

As for the modification the floating astral can reduce the top end by as big a percentage as the low end. It appears from your calculations you are assuming it increases the top end and decreases the bottom, but if you have a 28% floating astral it could increase the bottom by 28% or it could decrease a top end hit by 28%. So in the case of a 1K base, a 900 hit could be increased to 1152 or a 1.1K hit could be reduced to 792.

As anyone who has ever invested in stocks knows, they go down a lot more if you apply the same percentage so I would say the floating astral is junk unless you like gambling.

Comment

How does it show in my calculations that I'd be assuming floating damage decreasing the min. dmg range? Says increase right there and the min. dmg going lower after having used the astral in my calculations. One day I'll draw both scales as the current one and after having used the astral to compare the damage range in image. Noone seems to follow the point currently.

As for the modification the floating astral can reduce the top end by as big a percentage as the low end. It appears from your calculations you are assuming it increases the top end and decreases the bottom, but if you have a 28% floating astral it could increase the bottom by 28% or it could decrease a top end hit by 28%. So in the case of a 1K base, a 900 hit could be increased to 1152 or a 1.1K hit could be reduced to 792.
            Where does it say the min. damage and max. damage are being expanded from the base damage? I see the astral description saying Floating Damage is being expanded. Floating damage is all the numbers between your min. and max. damage range aswell the same proves my testing.
            Last edited by PokemaniaX; 12-23-2012, 06:49 PM.

Not quite sane.

S-75 Inmate
            S-55 Donea

Comment

How does it show in my calculations that I'd be assuming floating damage decreasing the min. dmg range? Says increase right there and the min. dmg going lower after having used the astral in my calculations. One day I'll draw both scales as the current one and after having used the astral to compare the damage range in image. Noone seems to follow the point currently.
              Isnt that what your post from 2:28 yesterday says? I cant see that you've ever considered a top of the range hit would be reduced and a bottom of the range hit increased.

In other words using 1K base damage which would normally range from 900-1100 with the floating astral at 20% for the sake of argument there are three possible outcomes.

No activation - 900-1100 as usual.

Negative activation - 720-880

Positive activation - 1080 - 1320

Add it all up and divide by 3 and we're right back to 900-1100.

In effect the floating astral over time will make no difference at all.

Comment

In the long run it is useful, especially for long battles and bossfights. You'd have higher chance to hit the higher damage interval making your overall damage slightly higher in the end for long fight. This is merely a Chance tho, you may end up hitting the lower average part over hundred times in a row, just like I've failed enchanting an item on 80% seven times in a row. Tho if you are farming the mobs in the wild and you'd usually 1-hit them, this astral may lower your damage for some occurances and you may be stuck in the battle for Two turns instead. I'd say it is useful for dungeons and bossfights, it may be a gamble in duels and in battles which would usually end in 1-2 turns.
                i think this summarized all, thanks for the info dude

Comment

whatever theories you guys come up...bla bla bla...im already tested this astral during WB...its just reduce my total dmg after 16 rounds compare to my regular total dmg previously...maybe ur theory not working on my character or maybe i hv no luck with this astral...

maybe its just a junk...im prefer determination + charm after all...
                  Server : [S262] Thunder watever
                  IGN : Comelâ„¢
                  Guild : Univit

Comment

i think i understand what he is trying to say, but my curiosity comes, that if it is 90%-21%, and 110%+21% is the minimum -21% of whatever the damage value is of the 90%, and the same with the damage that 110% represents? so say ur dmg is 1k flat, 900 is ur min, 1.1k is ur max.

So take 21% of 900, which is 189, and subtract from 900, so your minimum is now 711

Then take 21% of 1.1k, which is 231, and add it to 1.1k, and your maximum is now 1,331.

I believe this is how original poster was trying to explain it. i just got the astral myself, so i'm going to see how it works

Comment

why im very difficult to get orange astral , im waste alot gold, but only get 2 orange astral (im lvl 53 now) , i need ur aLL support pls

Comment

Ugh. Ignore.
                        Last edited by KnowingEyes7; 01-03-2013, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R26438867 View Post
                          i think i understand what he is trying to say, but my curiosity comes, that if it is 90%-21%, and 110%+21% is the minimum -21% of whatever the damage value is of the 90%, and the same with the damage that 110% represents? so say ur dmg is 1k flat, 900 is ur min, 1.1k is ur max.

So take 21% of 900, which is 189, and subtract from 900, so your minimum is now 711

Then take 21% of 1.1k, which is 231, and add it to 1.1k, and your maximum is now 1,331.

I believe this is how original poster was trying to explain it. i just got the astral myself, so i'm going to see how it works
                          its 90-21= 69% and 110+21 = 131%

69% of 1k and 131% of 1k.. 690 - 1310 range of damage

default floating is 10%..it says on description of ruthlesness that expands upto 21%..means to add 21% to 10%..

Comment

ok i tried this astral and its better not to use

patk was 20500
                            astral lvl6 42% floating dmg

i got less with him

tested 2-3 days on all bosses ( or i had bad luck) :S

Comment

Yeah, I guess it's working now 'cause sometimes I'll deal 900 damage and other times I'll deal over 2k damage with one use of my knight's Enhanced Delphic Destroyer skill.
                              Originally posted by Mystic2 View Post
                              After a few rounds of testing of about 13 hours in total messing around with the floating astral my findings are as follows. which conflict with my previous findings a bit.
                              I have studied damage with no added effects and found there is a little variation...

okay say u have a 10% floating damage astrals this will increase the range in which u are able to do damage.

Lets say ur basic damage range before any added effects is 3000-4000

adding a 10% FLoating damage astral adds 10% to the top number and takes away 10% from the lower number

giving you the range of capable damage of 2700-4400. Potentially Increasing damage, but with a proc rate of 1/3 it is not ideal to use unless u lay ur life based on luck

ive had runs in the world boss event with a 28% floating damage astral and a 20% crit base damage astral equiped and with the same number of attacks and same number of crits one run i gained 19,454 gold/dura (97,270 damage) and the other round i only got 12,872 (64,360 Damage) doing exactly 33% less damage proving the proc rate of 1/3 to the Higher end of damage. the run of 19,454 every hit except one was + damage, on the other only one of the hits were + damage. every other either - damage or flat damage.

I hope my findings help a few of those wondering minds

Mystic2
                              Immortals
                              S1

Comment

i agree with Mystic2 and PokemaniaX

its not gamble everyone has luck and getting a low damage is not that possible and if u have enhanced will destroyer its not a gamble at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X