Floating Damage Astral

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floating Damage Astral

After a few rounds of testing of about 13 hours in total messing around with the floating astral my findings are as follows. which conflict with my previous findings a bit.
    I have studied damage with no added effects and found there is a little variation...

okay say u have a 10% floating damage astrals this will increase the range in which u are able to do damage.

Lets say ur basic damage range before any added effects is 3000-4000

adding a 10% FLoating damage astral adds 10% to the top number and takes away 10% from the lower number

giving you the range of capable damage of 2700-4400. Potentially Increasing damage, but with a proc rate of 1/3 it is not ideal to use unless u lay ur life based on luck

ive had runs in the world boss event with a 28% floating damage astral and a 20% crit base damage astral equiped and with the same number of attacks and same number of crits one run i gained 19,454 gold/dura (97,270 damage) and the other round i only got 12,872 (64,360 Damage) doing exactly 33% less damage proving the proc rate of 1/3 to the Higher end of damage. the run of 19,454 every hit except one was + damage, on the other only one of the hits were + damage. every other either - damage or flat damage.

I hope my findings help a few of those wondering minds

Mystic2
    Immortals
    S1
    Cambrooke

S103
    Guild: Beast
    Class Mage
    Might Rank #2
    VIP 8

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will look it into at once and test it right away.
    Ok, I'm muted, so.... please use sign language.
    Thanks

Comment

Amazing! All I knew is that the floating damage simply stands for overall damage (both MATK or PATK) m(X_X)m

Comment

woot! I knew something u guys didnt know? :P

and u are welcome guys/gals. if u happen to fix this i would like to be reimbursed a lvl 4 floater :P

and u guys need anymore data let me know, all i do is run all the damages and data i collect... mishap of Being OCD to an extreme.
        Cambrooke

S103
        Class Mage
        Might Rank #2
        VIP 8

Comment

lvl 4, Orange floater may i add to that :P

Happy Hunting

Mystic2
          Immortals
          S1
          Cambrooke

S103
          Class Mage
          Might Rank #2
          VIP 8

Comment

Thank you
            S166. lvl: 78(soon/is)
            Mage: Existence (G.M)
            BR: 113k-ish 70 set's done!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smoldering View Post
              Thank you
              you are very welcome

Im just here to help the gaming community out the best i can
              Cambrooke

S103
              Class Mage
              Might Rank #2
              VIP 8

Comment

Thank you!
                [2] ^^

Comment

thank you now i know what used it for. . .

Comment

What this thread mean again?

That floating damage is useless for now?
                    Mesh With The Best, Die Like The Rest.
                    Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Server: S62
                    Class: Archer

:cool::cool:

Comment

I can't agree with you on your findings since i have around 10000-11000 base damage and on world boss the maximum difference i get is 2-3k gold/daru (29k min-32k max with no crits)
                      In case of luck with the crits i can get up to 40k maximum (34k minimum)

Try it out without the Floating Damage astral and see what will you get.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Viruz View Post
                        What this thread mean again?

That floating damage is useless for now?
                        Floating damage is a gamble basically. It ups your min and max dmg. Thus means you can hit higher numbers than usual or you can hit lower numbers than usual. It's a good astral but I personally think their are much better ones out there. If you plan on using this one don't until you are like 50+

Comment

Originally posted by Oxykotton View Post
                          Floating damage is a gamble basically. It ups your min and max dmg. Thus means you can hit higher numbers than usual or you can hit lower numbers than usual. It's a good astral but I personally think their are much better ones out there. If you plan on using this one don't until you are like 50+
                          +1 totally agree

Comment

You are wrong! You think the world's gonna end on 22th? Did you really think floating damage increase is a gamble? Well think again my friend because You Are Wrong!

Floating damage percentage Does give you a higher advantage on the Max. damage end. As the Numbers are added in higher amount since the percentage gains more the higher the number is. Let's say you're about to cast your spell/ability, the damage is being generated from your Min. attack to your Max. attack, it's random what the number will be eventually. Comparing 1k min dmg and 3k max damage with the 20% floating damage astral, your chances landing the Min. attack range increased by 200 points. That means another 1-200 points are added to your minimum damage range On which your actual damage may be calculated on once you activate your ability. On the other end, 20% adds 600 points to your max. damage bit. That means the chances for you landing the actual damage hit in the Max. Damage range is increased by 600 points, varying throughout the extra 1-600 points while the damage is being generated (before it displays). That gives us Two seperate damage scales: 1k - 3k and 800 - 3.6k, getting the average point on both of those damage scales gives us 2k and 2.2k

1st damage scale: Min. dmg 1k - 2k (1k points, 50% chance to hit the Lower damage part of your damage scale) Max. dmg 2k-3k (1k points, 50% chance to hit max dmg variation)

2nd damage scale: Min. dmg 800 - 2k (1.2k points, 33.3% chance to hit the minimum damage range) Max. dmg 2k - 3.6k (1.6k points, 66.6% chance to hit the maximum damage range) 2k being the middle ground for the damage scale WITHOUT the floating damage add, therefor With the floating damage addition your Max. damage variation scale is increased by 33.3%. You are more likely to hit the 2k-3.6k damage scale Now with an increased chance of 16.6% to hit the Max range of your damage (66.6% in total) With the FLOATING DAMAGE astral rather than hit 2-3k without any chance increase, aswell just 50% chance in total.

In theory if your current damage range would be 1000 - 3000, a 20% floating damage increase astral would give you a 16.6% higher chance to hit the Max. damage scale of your damage range compared to no astral, aswell hitting the lower range compared to your NO ASTRAL average damage is reduced by 16.6%. That is in comparsion with the damage scale for No astral. When using the astral, you'd still have your min. dmg end and your max. dmg end aswell the average damage point. The above is showing you the benefits and increase in damage due to the Floating Damage astral.

Using this astral is NOT a gamble. Without the astral your min. and max. dmg will be distributed down to 50% anyway while you call THAT a steady damage.
                            It's a gamble for 1-hit fights (50% chance, but still higher chance in percentage to hit the Higher end of your average damage than of without using the astral), but it's a steady damage increase in longer perspective as you now have a 16.6% higher chance to hit 20% harder.

I haven't slept for a couple of days so I may have of done couple of calculation mistakes, but the principle remains the same. Prove me wrong please and call it a Gamble one more time, I dare you! D:

My name is Jack Ryder and You Are Wrong!

P.S! This is merely a debate wether Floating Damage is useful for increasing your damage or not of course. Surely the astral could be replaced with a better kind from defensive kind.
                            Last edited by PokemaniaX; 12-22-2012, 05:22 PM.

Not quite sane.

S-75 Inmate
                            S-55 Donea

Comment

dunno man , i sold away my gold one for sometime , quite useless

wow , dont tell me its bugged or something , ditch my gold block long ago , lol now its fixed , grrrrr

Comment

Working...
                              X