How do server merges work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do server merges work?

I don't want to take over any of the threads that are advocating specific servers to be merged but its a curiosity. What does it take to be decided to merge? Why were o many of the lowest servers skipped when ones that were barely a month old merged together? Have been in numerous arguments that logging and maintaining alts is whats keeping them from being merged. On the same note I've heard its spending?

Does anyone know whether it is population or spending? Should we dump the alts and live with the low tree counts or stop spending to try and gain a merge?

Thanks
    -Reylinna
    Archer ~ 490k+ Battle Rating ~ Level 80 ~ Main sylph gold hercules

stop spending would be the best

Comment

Lol so no hope really then. Have lost so many top players recently, including several top 10s. Pretty sure server population of actives including alts has to be below 200. Just wonder what it takes to qualify or if they've just left the lowest servers to die.
      Archer ~ 490k+ Battle Rating ~ Level 80 ~ Main sylph gold hercules

Comment

Server merges works when R2 notices on X server there`s not enough spending, then they decide to screw you over and merge with an earlier server to make remained players on X server spend.
        Last edited by sunshinε; 04-25-2014, 12:48 AM.
        Player: sunshinε
        Server: US West - S354 Crystal Well
        Guild: LostSouls

Class: Knight
        Level: 80
        Battle Rating: 498k

Not antisocial, just anti-stupidity.

Comment

I think the different publishers handle it differently...wartune, kong, kabam, etc....i dont know that this is true...but i suspect you are on a kabam server.....the other publlishers/pimps seem to do frequent merges....but not so with kabam

Comment

My previous server is dying with only 100 or so player playing and keep decreasing but it took them more than a month till they finally merge it so maybe its depends on the amount spend since most of the ppl that stayed that time are spender
            But still dont know for sure

Comment

Working...
            X