Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

CW Full Ranking Tables 1-100

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CW Full Ranking Tables 1-100

First off, congrats to the winners and everyone that tried their best.

I have a small wish, I would love to see the full ranking table showing positions 1-100 returned.

In the grand scheme of things, this is a small wish, admittedly there are bigger issues going on at the moment.

Gauging improvement and overall ranking versus my peers on a month to month basis is something I looked forward too, now it feels as if I am not in the Top 16, its inconsequential (maybe it kinda is, yet its something I look forward to seeing each month).

JAXX
    Archer

Originally posted by maxvain View Post
    First off, congrats to the winners and everyone that tried their best.

I have a small wish, I would love to see the full ranking table showing positions 1-100 returned.

In the grand scheme of things, this is a small wish, admittedly there are bigger issues going on at the moment.

Gauging improvement and overall ranking versus my peers on a month to month basis is something I looked forward too, now it feels as if I am not in the Top 16, its inconsequential (maybe it kinda is, yet its something I look forward to seeing each month).

JAXX
    Archer
    The whole system is a joke Jaxx.

All they care about is catering to the heaviest cashers. Screw the good players that aren't dropping tens of thousands of $ into the game. I was bumped from the Mage Top-16 on BR despite being 13-2 and ranked 5th in the prelims. Then when I see the top-16, and that I've regularly beaten 10 of them in the last 2 CW or in BG, I take it as an insult. The 2nd Tier tourney was fun, don't get me wrong, but it was also vastly unfair having me in there. I took 1st, going 13-2, and lost on a DC and a Reflect. TheJimbo got matched against me 5 times, losing 4. He was probably the next best there, but because of him getting thrown at me over and over, it kept piling losses on.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm taking DarkSt0rm, but I've got a shot at BobLobLaw, Sinner and Keldof having beaten or taken them to a "last hit wins" scenario in the last 2 CWs. Against that field, I think I'd have managed around 10 or 11 wins, maybe 12 if I got lucky.

Yeah, I'm a bit bitter. CW was the aspect of the game, outside the social interaction, that I had the most fun with. I felt it was the ONE thing that I could really gauge how good I was compared to others, especially those who put significantly more $ into the game. A few CW ago when I was 4th I was only 31st in BR of the top-100. In the last 5 CW Finals (that I've been in) I managed 7th, 12th, 6th, 4th, 13th. Now, I'm pretty much permanently eliminated from top contention because my character (not the player behind it) isn't good enough on a BR scale.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post

All they care about is catering to the heaviest cashers. Screw the good players that aren't dropping tens of thousands of $ into the game. I was bumped from the Mage Top-16 on BR despite being 13-2 and ranked 5th in the prelims. Then when I see the top-16, and that I've regularly beaten 10 of them in the last 2 CW or in BG, I take it as an insult. The 2nd Tier tourney was fun, don't get me wrong, but it was also vastly unfair having me in there. I took 1st, going 13-2, and lost on a DC and a Reflect. TheJimbo got matched against me 5 times, losing 4. He was probably the next best there, but because of him getting thrown at me over and over, it kept piling losses on.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm taking DarkSt0rm, but I've got a shot at BobLobLaw, Sinner and Keldof having beaten or taken them to a "last hit wins" scenario in the last 2 CWs. Against that field, I think I'd have managed around 10 or 11 wins, maybe 12 if I got lucky.

Yeah, I'm a bit bitter. CW was the aspect of the game, outside the social interaction, that I had the most fun with. I felt it was the ONE thing that I could really gauge how good I was compared to others, especially those who put significantly more $ into the game. A few CW ago when I was 4th I was only 31st in BR of the top-100. In the last 5 CW Finals (that I've been in) I managed 7th, 12th, 6th, 4th, 13th. Now, I'm pretty much permanently eliminated from top contention because my character (not the player behind it) isn't good enough on a BR scale.
      thats very sad
      they are making this League of Angels, I played it once, there you need to click "fight" button and everything else is automatic Higher BR wins generally and its a 15sec match, they call it pvp.
      Sometimes i think, content-creators of this game need to play Dota/Rift/CS to get an idea about 2014 AD PvP. They are still living in pre-ice age.
      Sarcasm Intended

Comment

Rankings should go by wins then BR-lowest to highest. If you have a higher BR and your $$$ can't beat lower it's cause you suck.

Comment

Totally agree zorich. I took 5th in last month's cw behind darkstorm, even though I'm ranked in the mid 50's for br. Nearly all my opponents were higher br than me, but still won all but 3 matches. I don't have the cash to inflate my br, but I can beat alot of people higher br than me due to my setup/strategy. Not even having a chance at it this time around got me so irritated, I couldn't even be bothered to check how I finished. :/

Comment

I got 7 win in the final but people me 6 win come top 10 and i fall to top 58 that was sick some only had 6 win.

Missing the first 5 rounds becouse just week up when the final was running.
            Character - Taggen
            Server - S100 Goulpass Keep
            Class - Archer
            Battle Rating -2.4M BR
            Slyph - Orange Electro, Light, Dark
            Highest CW ranking - 26th

Comment

Time to quit people, let them know, we're not to be **** with!!! Alas, i'm just a nobody, carry on!!

Comment

Yea Zorich, I saw and replied to your comment about it on another thread earlier this week:
                http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....574#post929574

I totally 100%, emphatically, absolutely, categorically.... Agree with your sentiments!

Too me the new framework isn't the problem. The problem is in the lack of a proper logic based seeding formula... basically there is none!
                The game currently looks at one variable for TOP 16 seeding: Battle Rating

And there are so many factors that affect PvP besides BR
                1) Player Skill (Rotations)
                2) Runes
                3) Orange Astrals
                4) Resistance Gems
                5) Talents
                6) Sylphs (to a certain degree because HP counts to BR)
                7) And other percentage based equipment or attributes that affects a fight while not adding to BR.

It was mind-blowing to me that a player's win-loss record and a player's strength of opponents faced ratio is not taking into account.
                This to me is the bare minimum of a proper logic based seeding formula, and the lack of its implementation begs the question, was this done to ensure that the highest cashers regardless of skill remain happy by making it to the TOP 16!

The way it is now, why even have a Prelims! Just take the highest BR and let them go at it.
                I guess I am just to much of a purist who values tactics.

Imagine if you had to pick a basketball team and the only variable given to you was Height!

JAXX
                Archer

Comment

Nah, just pick top 16 and then the next 84 top spenders and done, lol.
                  East coast archer.

Comment

Originally posted by maxvain View Post
                    Yea Zorich, I saw and replied to your comment about it on another thread earlier this week:
                    http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....574#post929574

I totally 100%, emphatically, absolutely, categorically.... Agree with your sentiments!

Too me the new framework isn't the problem. The problem is in the lack of a proper logic based seeding formula... basically there is none!
                    The game currently looks at one variable for TOP 16 seeding: Battle Rating

And there are so many factors that affect PvP besides BR
                    1) Player Skill (Rotations)
                    2) Runes
                    3) Orange Astrals
                    4) Resistance Gems
                    5) Talents
                    6) Sylphs (to a certain degree because HP counts to BR)
                    7) And other percentage based equipment or attributes that affects a fight while not adding to BR.

It was mind-blowing to me that a player's win-loss record and a player's strength of opponents faced ratio is not taking into account.
                    This to me is the bare minimum of a proper logic based seeding formula, and the lack of its implementation begs the question, was this done to ensure that the highest cashers regardless of skill remain happy by making it to the TOP 16!

The way it is now, why even have a Prelims! Just take the highest BR and let them go at it.
                    I guess I am just to much of a purist who values tactics.

Imagine if you had to pick a basketball team and the only variable given to you was Height!

JAXX
                    Archer
                    Sadly, the creators of Wartunes are lazy ppl. They refuse to put any effort into implementing a proper measure of player strength claiming it takes too much work to program a code that lets them take into account all the variables and compute a rank. While I'm sure to a certain extent it will not be easy to come up with a code that allows us to take into account those factors you mentioned, I'm also pretty sure there are more logical ways to decide who gets into top 16. They could've implemented the segregation by br in prelims to match only top 16 br against each other and the rest fight among themselves. Then based on who has the highest winning pts at the end of the prelims, the top 16 players by pts will fight each other while the others as usual fight among themselves.

Maybe if everyone petitions enough both in this forum and on ProCity and 7Roads forums, maybe (extremely big maybe...) we might see some improvements few yrs down the road...
                    IGN: Athena
                    Guild: Warriors
                    Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                    Class: Archer
                    Difficulty Level: Noob
                    BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

Apparently, adding 2 more attributes to the query and 2 more if clauses in sorting method is too much for them.

Comment

Working...
                      X