Some observations...your thoughts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some observations...your thoughts?

So I've been playing for almost 2 months now, and I am enjoying the game a lot for the most part. Although, I do have some questions regarding some of the features/content, and wanted to see if any others felt the same, or if it was just me.

1)ToK seems incredibly hard...even beating easy takes the best players on our server, and using HS to stun them. Is this normal? What BR can I expect to beat ToK hard or NM to earn some decent rewards? Most times I just make ToK normal and leave, as the XP nor the rewards for ToK easy seem worthwhile.

2)Circuit quests - Sylphs and Crypt Items......Between having anywhere from 120-150 atoll quests from the circuit...and then being forced to buy crypt items(that you don't even get to keep). Do most of you still try to finish the circuit, or have you given up? To me it seems the amount of time and/or crypt tokens needed to complete sometimes isnt worth the reward it gives.

3)Amethyst Mine....At least on my server, amethyst mine is a dead zone...1 or 2 ppl show up for double time, so it's impossible to get a "full" cart. Beyond that, the rewards seem very lackluster for the amount of time it takes to get the amethyst. Now that I have gotten the mount from it...the rest of the rewards seem...meh. I don't wanna spend the amethyst if new mounts get swapped in as rewards from time-to-time, or if the rewards change. Is anyone else in the same boat?

4)Equipment Synthesis....Gathering loids/stones takes an incredibly long time to accomplish only being able to do a dungeon once-a-day. I don't believe it should be so easy as to finish a set in a week or something, but does anyone else feel like months and months of farming for a 70 set or something is just crazy? It pretty much forces you to camp, or you'll be max level before you even have your 60 gear done.

So I don't want this to come off as a complain-fest. I do enjoy most of the game...other than these "issues" and the obvious favoritism event-wise for cashers only, I mean don't get me wrong...the heavy cashers should have the best-of-the-best, it's what they pay for. I just think giving the casual spender or non-casher a mount or something for the months they spend hoarding whips or SC's is beneficial...but I'm still new, so maybe others see it differently.

Basically, just wanted to get others thoughts...am I alone in my opinions, or is there a larger following?

1. tok - eh nvm this i can only do nm if theyre all naked.
    2. Circuit Quest- I still have my 9 imperial seal so this event is dead for me
    3. Amethyst - Most of the people do this for the mount only so after you get the mount this event is also dead, just my opinion for this cus im in wrong server time.
    4. Gear's - I say this is fair.

Imho
    All can be killed, Dryads FTW!

Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything.

Comment

well i level camp so i dont do tok so i wouldnt know
      never done a circuit quest
      amethyst mine is still full of dumbasses all day
      the loids though
      im going hit lord divine in about 12 day so i will be levelling to 60
      i dont really want to sit there for 3 months for 60s gear
      or 5 months for 70s gear when i get there
      cashing out of my ***, is something im not going to do
      they need to implement the trading system
      IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
      Class: Archer
      Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
      Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
      Originally posted by Wraithraiser
      but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Regarding amethyst mine: If you have the time for it, I would advice you to continue saving up amethysts. The costs for enchanting lvl. 70 gear and especially lvl. 80 gear is so high that you need to save up gold as early as possible, and the amethysts can be exchanged for gold when you need it.

As a bonus, if there comes a new amethyst mount down the line, it doesn't hurt to already have the amethysts ready to echange for it
        Mage Calira on US East
        Lvl: 80
        BR: 159K+

Comment

1. tok nm is discussed in many other threads, whole system is broken, if top players have gear on it's impossible
          2. no idea why everyone complains about cq, you need to do ~30 per day, almost like bounties, but if you don't like the rewards no one is forcing you....crypt tokens? most old players have tons of them, what to use them for? and don't be silly, from 200 cq you get 1-2 fetch quests per week
          3. can't make everyone happy - if there are many people for you to farm, they'll complain, probably you'll be farmed too, don't see an issue here. Rewards? They ARE good, give you options to pick what you need. Amount of time spent in amethyst? It's done in less than 5 mins, ~5days for 30 whips is OK
          4. 80 set already doesn't require that much farming, but things like this along with stables, soulengraving etc keeps you in the game for long time, you can't just get everything in 2-3-6 months and move on to another game

Some events are made for cashers, some are made for old players/high levels, 2 months here is nothing, you can't expect to get everything right away
          THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Originally posted by daunapu View Post
            1. tok nm is discussed in many other threads, whole system is broken, if top players have gear on it's impossible
            2. no idea why everyone complains about cq, you need to do ~30 per day, almost like bounties, but if you don't like the rewards no one is forcing you....crypt tokens? most old players have tons of them, what to use them for? and don't be silly, from 200 cq you get 1-2 fetch quests per week
            3. can't make everyone happy - if there are many people for you to farm, they'll complain, probably you'll be farmed too, don't see an issue here. Rewards? They ARE good, give you options to pick what you need. Amount of time spent in amethyst? It's done in less than 5 mins, ~5days for 30 whips is OK
            4. 80 set already doesn't require that much farming, but things like this along with stables, soulengraving etc keeps you in the game for long time, you can't just get everything in 2-3-6 months and move on to another game

Some events are made for cashers, some are made for old players/high levels, 2 months here is nothing, you can't expect to get everything right away
            1)Well I'm glad to know others feel ToK is ridiculous.
            2)30 a day is still hard if 25 of them are atoll quests....that's like 4 hours of work right there(20-25 quests out of 30 are atoll...1 minute each kill = 200-250 mins)
            3)Point taken...just seems almost "useless" as a PvP system IMO
            4)I won't argue with you here...I am sure you know better than me....but as I see it; just the loids/stones requirement alone takes MONTHS I am sure...let alone the gold to enchant it. After all I've found out skeleton keys are useless for equipment farming after 60

Again. no complaints that there are plenty of events are for heavy cashers/veterans....but for all the promoting they do for the "new" servers...you think there would be events that help reward them also...albeit on occasion...as to not "disrupt" the cashing advantage

Comment

1) ToK will be incredibly hard for everyone on new servers. For example on kong EU servers, 115k+ team is enough to easily clear ToK NM, when top guys take off their sylphs and at least 2 of them are without % astrals and meds. Having at least one Iris with Rain Dance in the team helps a lot.

2) I've done 200 circuit quests once. The next weeks I did 100, 50 and ended up with 0 since then. Not bothering doing that time wasting thing. As far as I know, many people on my server do circuit quests till they get first sylph quest or when they're really bored.

3) On our server, nearly no one attacks people in amethyst mines anyway (not to cause unnecessary disputes and arguments between the guilds).

4) Gathering 60 set took me around 2 months. We had 3 mpd attempts then and we got 2 loids per one run (so 6 loids overall for nearly 1hr wasted in MD). I also did a few DT NM key runs (with the help of top cashers, who killed the 1st boss and let us do the key run).

I needed 3 months to gather 70 set. Still, needed 2 more months to reach lvl. 80 (5 months from lvl. 70 to lvl. 80 and my talent level is 97 only). I levelled up to 70 when I had talent level around 55-60. Gathered my 70 set on lvl. 74 having capped the talent level (90).

Comment

most people get their 70 set by doing MPD day by day before the shop have lvl 6 loid sale

I can say it is quite fair, as 70 set should be your last set to farm loids (80 set don't require loids)
                SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
                IGN: Kimwong
                CLASS: Knight
                PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
                BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
                Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

Comment

1)ToK seems incredibly hard...even beating easy takes the best players on our server, and using HS to stun them. Is this normal? What BR can I expect to beat ToK hard or NM to earn some decent rewards? Most times I just make ToK normal and leave, as the XP nor the rewards for ToK easy seem worthwhile.

ToK hasn't been balanced well and is exploitable - it's probably the most broken thing in the game. "Shadow" characters are just copies of top 16 players with reduced BR (or increased, on the last levels of hard and nm). The problem with this is - only BR giving stats are reduced - % astrals and resistances aren't. Also, by removing equips at the right time, the top 16 can make it easier for us. The reason why Normal is easier than Easy on your server is probably because top players are getting naked on normal, but not on easy.
                  Without these most recent patches it was barely balanced: top teams in regions (all European servers, for example) could beat NM (with all dressed) or at least most of it's levels (if you can beat 2 levels at a higher difficulty, you should do that difficulty instead). When ToK came my team managed to beat hard in a few weeks (before the exploit was discovered).
                  Right now, though... I'd say you need:
                  ToK NM - 80-90k BR with all opponents naked, about 90k with just 1 clothed, 110k+ with 2 clothed
                  ToK Hard - 60k with all naked, 110k with 3 clothed
                  If there's a mage on their side, it gets complicated. If there's a knight there too, it gets even more complicated.

2)Circuit quests - Sylphs and Crypt Items......Between having anywhere from 120-150 atoll quests from the circuit...and then being forced to buy crypt items(that you don't even get to keep). Do most of you still try to finish the circuit, or have you given up? To me it seems the amount of time and/or crypt tokens needed to complete sometimes isnt worth the reward it gives.

On average about 20-25% of quests are atoll quests. However, it looks like this depends on your level (these are the stats for lvl 80). I never did 200 (don't have the time nor the will to do it) but I sometimes do 50 or, more rarely 100. I start whenever I have some time between events and do as many as I can until I get to an atoll quest that's just too boring. Next time I start, I solve the atoll quest first, before I get bored much, and continue until I reach some other stopping point.
                  Crypt Tokens are one of the things new players will need most. Paying balens for solving cqs that require those is actually prefferable if you absolutely need those soul crystals (I have imperial seals for those, but new players might not have them). I'm collecting my lvl 80 set and I've got the full lvl 70. Lvl 70 costs 34k tokens and lvl 80 costs 16k tokens to complete.

3)Amethyst Mine....At least on my server, amethyst mine is a dead zone...1 or 2 ppl show up for double time, so it's impossible to get a "full" cart. Beyond that, the rewards seem very lackluster for the amount of time it takes to get the amethyst. Now that I have gotten the mount from it...the rest of the rewards seem...meh. I don't wanna spend the amethyst if new mounts get swapped in as rewards from time-to-time, or if the rewards change. Is anyone else in the same boat?

New mounts are unlikely to arrive as you can exchange amethyst for tokens. Getting 400 per day means getting 30 whips once every 4.5 days. It takes about 6-7 mins to deliver the amethyst so it's up to you to decide whether spending half an hour over 4-5 days is worth it. Whips used to be very rare before (it used to be 1 daily from devotion, 1 possible per guild blessing and 10 per guild battle) and if they were still that rare this event would be amazing.
                  I still collect it whenever I can, but if there's an dungeon run I have to take at that time, I don't regret not getting the amethyst.

4)Equipment Synthesis....Gathering loids/stones takes an incredibly long time to accomplish only being able to do a dungeon once-a-day. I don't believe it should be so easy as to finish a set in a week or something, but does anyone else feel like months and months of farming for a 70 set or something is just crazy? It pretty much forces you to camp, or you'll be max level before you even have your 60 gear done.

Without camping it's possible to get lvl 40 set before you reach lvl 50 (it's the fastest pve set in the game by far). Other sets are possible to obtain before you reach the next bracket as well (especially since you can summon on lower levels - Void?, GoD, DT). To obtain higher level sets just level your talents as high as you can before you level yourself.

Comment

I don't know why you wouldn't do amethyst mine, it takes less than 5 mins and unless you're max fate, whips, etc. it all adds up over time.

Comment

1. ToK _ very hard part of the game and the most unbalanced and buggy with full of lag.

2. circuit quests - dont care tells me to buy items in crypt shop and i am camping .

3. Amenthys mine - no problem there i jst get my *** kicked since am camping at low level but i got few tricks for it to get full 400 amenthys
                      ( thanks to Izverg from server 5 Roaring wetlands) . but still though u have the mount, it doenst mean u can stop , go for fate stones and whips . it really is helpful.

4. equipments - if u are non casher , its gonna take u alot of months , if u save up some keys and know few tricks , u should get them in couple of months .
                      its only fair that if u dont cash , it should take u months to get them.

still u have been here for few months , i will congratulate u that u understand lot of things about the game now . me i am camper , i have been staring my characer for few months now

sorry for any bad english

Comment

Originally posted by locbones View Post
                        So I've been playing for almost 2 months now, and I am enjoying the game a lot for the most part. Although, I do have some questions regarding some of the features/content, and wanted to see if any others felt the same, or if it was just me.

So I don't want this to come off as a complain-fest. I do enjoy most of the game...other than these "issues" and the obvious favoritism event-wise for cashers only, I mean don't get me wrong...the heavy cashers should have the best-of-the-best, it's what they pay for. I just think giving the casual spender or non-casher a mount or something for the months they spend hoarding whips or SC's is beneficial...but I'm still new, so maybe others see it differently.

Basically, just wanted to get others thoughts...am I alone in my opinions, or is there a larger following?
                        1) TOK difficulty is based on the actual players stats taken at specific timings each day and adding a multiplier to it. The easier difficulty levels have shadows with only a portion of the actual player stats while the harder ones have more than the actual player stat. If the top players manipulate those stats by making it lower than their actual stats (either by removing gear/astrals/sylphs) they reduce the overall difficulty of TOK. If they are fully geared, it'll be worse than fighting those players in person. How much BR is required depends on how fast those same players are improving day by day. If their stats increase by 1k a day, you're going to need to have your stats increase by at least 1k a day to keep up.

2) CQ is meant to be another source of balen sink for R2 which is why you will tend to see such annoying quests that require you to waste resources that are hard to gather to buy a seemingly useless item while getting rewards that doesn't seem to be of equivalent worth to what you have just spent. That aside, if you do get lucky and out of all 200 quest you get the easy ones that only require you to waste time running all over cloud city, the rewards are pretty decent since you get both gold and SC which are essential for building up your character.

3) This is just a spare resource that you can use to exchange for much needed whips or gold or fate stones depending on what you might need more during events that require you to train mount or increase your BR or enchanting a newly synthesized higher lvl gear or even lvling astrals. Whatever it is, there is no harm having more of any kind of resources. Just continue to go during double time and collect whatever you can in the least amount of time so you do not feel this game takes up all day just to do everything.

4) This kind of grinding is actually considered very fast. If you had played WoW/Maplestory or any MMORPG, the time it takes you to farm any of the high lvl equipment is actually longer than the time required here to collect enough loids and legend stones for the lv 60 n lv 70 sets together (provided you're able to do arena and bg daily and you do dungeons on a daily basis. If you only do it once a week...then any game you play will just take forever to farm anything since it boils down to your lack of available time to be spent in game). As for lvl camping, one way to avoid having to camp too long is spending a bit to get crypt keys to double your crypt token farming for the accesories. Pray for more events that give you skeleton keys so that you can farm DT summoner on a daily basis (300 keys a day if you can somehow manage to get that much which gives you anywhere between 50 - 100 loids and stones per day if it is the NM summoner). You can be done with lv 60 set in 12 - 24 days. It will certainly take you more than 12 - 24 days to lv from 60 - 70. Just plant gold seeds non stop instead of exp ones. That or spend your exp in talents to catch them up to others while you farm your gear. As for crypt tokens, had you skip lv 50 leg set, you should have saved quite a bit of tokens before you hit lv 60. So depending on how much you save, it may take u anywhere up to 3 months to farm enough tokens for full leg 60 gears.
                        IGN: Athena
                        Guild: Warriors
                        Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                        Class: Archer
                        Difficulty Level: Noob
                        BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

Working...
                        X