The battle protection system hoax

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The battle protection system hoax

I wanted to write this since the battle protection system came out. This is another shameless hoax.

Before patch, sylph's worst resistances were -85.
    After battle system came out, these were changed to -200.

So you spend like a month to pump up your resistance versus 3 sylph types: and then, your resist will be back exactly where you were before (grinding the boring map hunt each day for 30-45 minutes, and maybe spending balens on orange maps).

After 1 month, when you begin to gain some advantage actually, they will add the reduce crystals. So now, while you continue spending time and money to finally decrease the damage you take, you will also start spending time and money to nullify this effect. And everyone will be back where they started. At the cost of a lot of time and money.

When I first heard about the battle protection, I thought, "finally they do something about sylphs one-shooting people in the 50% phase" but they don't. They just want to milk us more.
    My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

AGREED. Ultimately this entire gaming system is screwed...

Think about it.

1) You spend so much time, effort, balens, money, to upgrade your PATK and MATK.
    2) Then, others spend time effort balens money to upgrade their PDEF and MDEF.

It is all a hoax. So eventually everyone will be spending money to increase their ATK, only to have this nullified by other people spending money to increase their DEF.

We should simply remove the DEF stats, and simply have one single ATK stat.

Comment

Every update require more time / money for play this china game style deal with it

Comment

Sylph resists had no effect other than in sylph arena prior to this patch.

Comment

Originally posted by KarrdeThuun View Post
          Sylph resists had no effect other than in sylph arena prior to this patch.
          This is true, and would be perfectly fine. However, after the resistance system, all resistances were drastically lowered, so we have to work hard just to get back to where resistances were before the patch. This is one main reason that I have a problem with the way the battle resistance was implimented.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeak42 View Post
            This is true, and would be perfectly fine. However, after the resistance system, all resistances were drastically lowered, so we have to work hard just to get back to where resistances were before the patch. This is one main reason that I have a problem with the way the battle resistance was implimented.
            Where we were with resistances last patch is irrelevant as they had no effect. We could have all had fire/light etc at 10 billion, or zero, or negative quadrillion, doesn't matter. You are trying to "work back" to a number that was completely arbitrary and had no meaning. Just pretend the resist system is completely 100% new this patch. Which it in fact is.

Comment

Where we were with resistances last patch is irrelevant as they had no effect. We could have all had fire/light etc at 10 billion, or zero, or negative quadrillion, doesn't matter. You are trying to "work back" to a number that was completely arbitrary and had no meaning. Just pretend the resist system is completely 100% new this patch. Which it in fact is.
              The number he's basing on is the resistances the Sylphs had (when Sylph was first released) regardless of if it worked on players or not.

Which DID in fact gets lengthened (either positively or negatively)

IE: previously some Resist was at 0, now it's at 50, previously some Resist was at -85, now it's -200, etc etc.

Now, if the numbers had not be changed, it means instead of working to reduce -85 to 0 (which only takes 85 resist), it now requires 200 resist to reduce it to 0.
              A difference of 115 resistance.

Comment

I know what numbers he is referring to. Those numbers had absolutely no meaning as the resist system was not implemented yet.

Comment

I know what numbers he is referring to. Those numbers had absolutely no meaning as the resist system was not implemented yet.
                  There is a meaning tho.

It's if the numbers weren't changed, you would require less resistance to reach 0.

Regardless if it's implemented yet or not, the resist system for sylphs was there already when the sylphs was first released into the game, and they already had a number for their resistances.
                  Even before we had this "battle protection", Pan's -50 resistance was still noticeable.

Now, the only time the "number would had no meaning" is if there wasn't a resist panel under Sylphs in the first place, but no... there was a panel for it.

Comment

Working...
                  X