Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Wartune Classes - Their Advantages + Popularity - Study/Poll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wartune Classes - Their Advantages + Popularity - Study/Poll

The Wartune Classes: Their Advantages + Popularity - Study

I know that both questions have been asked more times then I've had showers in the winter months, but sometimes things change following updates and other events.
    The thing I'd like to ask all of you, and feel free to come me with your honest opinion, is:

1) Which class would you consider the most popular among servers?

2) Could you list the advantages AND disadvantages of each class?

And just for fun, the third is:

3) Which class (In YOUR opinion) do you think is the best and why?

Feel free to answer any questions. If you are unsure about any, then by all means leave them be.
    I'd highly appreciate it if you could put your answer next to the numbered question, so I can clearly see which question it is you have answered.
    EXAMPLE:

1) I think Archer is the most popular class because...

2) The advantages of an Archer are...The disadvantages are...

3) I think Mage's are the best class overall because...

You don't have to use the sentence starters, but placing the number beside your answer is a clear indicator and will help me dearly when I come to examine the answers. For this particular thread, I'm only going to put TWO rule's up, and those are: PLEASE STICK TO THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD. And please only answer each question once. That is all I ask of you.

The reason I am doing this is to see if there is a favored class among players, and if so, to see why exactly they are considered the best class. I will post my findings as soon as all results are in so you can all have a chance to see what it is I have found out. Please bare with me.

NOTE: I DO NOT need any information concerning your In-game name, username, the server of which you play on or any character details. All I need is your opinion. Nothing more.

Thank you.
    - EmperorWraith.

NOTE: I WILL NO LONGER ACCEPT POSTS/RESULTS AFTER WEDNESDAY 7TH MAY. ANY POSTS THAT ARE RECEIVED AFTER THE CONFIRMED DATE OF CLOSURE WILL NOT BE COUNTED.
    Last edited by EmperorWraith; 05-05-2014, 11:29 AM.
    "Like every great leader that ever lived, I shall create acts in order of remembrance to those that died fighting for their superiors."

Welcome to my Dominion. May the element of Life devour your needs, and the element of Death conclude your life gracefully and without pain.

ARCHERS ARE THE BEST
    mages suck
    IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
    Class: Archer
    Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
    Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
    but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorWraith View Post
      1) Which class would you consider the most popular among servers?
      Difficult to answer this: generally: I usually see a slight preference for Mages and Archers, with Knights a little behind. I would estimate that on average the population distribution is something like 35% Archers, 35% Mages and 30% Knights.

2) Could you list the advantages AND disadvantages of each class?
      Aside from delving into the stereotypical heated discussions of each class, no not really. I think that the latest update has bought with it an interesting new system into play. With it I think we'll see greater balance at the top end of things, especially as players get more of a grasp of the system and how to utilise it best for their particular class and build variant.

3) Which class (In YOUR opinion) do you think is the best and why?
      I think all the classes have their own advantages and disadvantages. I play a mage: I would give my left nut for the HP & defence bonus that Knights get. I would give my right nut for the single target & Crit damage that Archers have. I naturally want to keep my own classes AoE advantage and my MDEF. It's a game of swings and roundabouts.

I play mainly a mage because I always play mages, in every game I have played. I prefer the stereotypical mage class over others. I have other class characters that I use to understand how certain skills and combo's work.

'Best' is based on a biased opinion... For me. Mage.
      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
      You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
      Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Mage suck, archer is good, knights rox^^

_________

Crit Mage 80v
        ~135k Br

_________

Comment

the one with the biggest wallet is the best. period
          R2 s116 Red Realm + (s113-s119) + (s126-s129-s132-s135) + (s72-s75-s78-s84-s88-s91)

IGN : Illyasviel
          Class : Archer
          Guild : •OneŽ•
          LvL : 80
          Sylph : Zeus, Hecate, Poseidon
          BR : over 9000!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icesz View Post
            the one with the biggest wallet is the best. period
            I was considering that as a general answer, but not everybody has big wallets so it wouldn't really be fair, but hey, it's still an opinion and I'll not be the one to judge.
            "Like every great leader that ever lived, I shall create acts in order of remembrance to those that died fighting for their superiors."

Welcome to my Dominion. May the element of Life devour your needs, and the element of Death conclude your life gracefully and without pain.

Comment

1) I'm going on this answer based on what I've seen during my time on Wartune. This involves Battlegrounds, Guild Battles...Pretty much anything that involves you interacting with other people on your/and other servers: Archers, closely followed by Mages, followed by Knights.

2) I can't name any real advantages or disadvantages, but as Wartune updates, bringing in new material, I think the classes' advantages and disadvantages are becoming even.

3) If I had to select a class, then it would be a Mage. I've seen some real ***-kicking Mages below level 40 that can beat people over Level 40 + Archers and Knights.
              To Willow:
              Rest In Peace. Never to be forgotten by those who knew and loved you. And even by those who didn't.

Retired. Officially. Life is too short. Face it, you only live once.

Comment

1) archers followed by mages and knights ( the attack char are usually the most popular in games)
                2) a) archers lacks both type of defenses and the gambling crit can be annoying, but they do have the highest damage which helps them grow faster and skills that can focus on the backrow and kill the hero even before the troops

b) mages have low hp and pdef, they are the aoe masters but it isnt much since the sylphs appeared, and they also have an awsome healing ability. If you know totake advantage of this they can become very strong, if you dont know to heal properly in order to compensate for the -20% in hp than this class will sucj for you. Mages are also a class that can choose if they want a defensive/agressive or balanced build

c) knights have very strong defenses and they die very hard, especially because of that op heal after block. They can focus on both defense and attack in the end part of the game, part in which they can easily kill the troops and becomes the strongest class in my opinion

3 ) the game creators did their best to balance the classes, and in the hands of a player who knows to take advantage of their strength and cover for their cons, every single class can shine. However I consider the knights to be a bit stronger than the rest
                Last edited by Draggyy; 05-03-2014, 07:33 AM.

Comment

1) Archers are from what I have seen one of the more selected classes overall. Next would be Mages, which then lagging behind are the Knights (thats ok though it takes patience or a big wallet to create a fantastic knight).

2)Archers have DF, AP, Incend, and Scatter (depending on the play style they can do lots of damage and/or affect the other players' skills), but they are susceptible to dying a bit quicker because of their average defense. Mages are the king of Aoe and Heals they also have the nice skill of damnation, but the problem with them is they lack the PDEF to absorb the damage dealt by a PATK user. Knights are superior meat shields, they have high PDEF, MDEF can also be increased though not to the point of PDEF, you have the Agoran and Apollo shields, High HP, heavy hitting Single target Delphics, and a Block that heals 4% of max HP, but the problem for a Knight is the susceptibility against MATK and that almost every single skill affects only 1 player (that can be a huge problem when dealing with multiple foes).

3) Personally, I think the Knight is the best class for me. I love being able to tank hits that other classes can not, use the variety of shields, and I love the idea of competition (in most fights that I have been in against fellow knights of similar br or maybe a bit higher it requires the Knight to first off have skills for his or her play style, but it also requires the Knight to utilize the timing of those skills against the other player) I remember several battles that lasted 4-7 mins long .
                  Death is only the Beginning :P

GrymReaper- 2.9 Mil BR

Comment

A big thank you to those that have already posted with their answers. I have already begun taking in the results, and I am really surprised at some of the amazing responses.
                    Keep the posts coming, and don't be afraid to express your opinions about the classes here!

Comment

Mages were the best class before sylphs, but now archers are the best imo, yes any class can go crit, but archers have a passive crit boost and a skill which 100% crits which gives them an edge in both damage and crit heals.
                      The main problem in this game is that everything is based on damage : spire, WB, necropolis, the upcoming sky trials, all upcoming MPD's in the future patches and the list goes on and on. You need to have a skill to slow the enemies and archers excel in this, right now knights don't have any way to slow down their enemies which makes them the absolute worst class in any PvE event. They are decent in PvP though.
                      I would say archers followed closely by mages in PvE, Knights are absolute trash in PvE because of the high damage requirement and need of a freezing effect.
                      In PvP though, knights > archers > mages Imo( Considering equal quality sylphs), but these differences are not big so doesn't matter much.
                      Last edited by kattuktk; 05-03-2014, 11:13 AM.

Comment

1) It seems pretty equal to me, but if you look at the top players, at least on my server, then it becomes very mage dominated with some archers and oh, there's one knight.

2) Every class has something that I envy, other than mages because that's the class that I play as. I love the AoEs of my class, as well as the ability to heal which is amazing in bg since I can heal up on weak people in between fights without spending points, I also finished catacombs at 26k br thanks to heal spam. Archers dish out some serious consistent damage, I would love to be able to crit so much because it looks like more fun than my EWD setup that I'm going with as a mage.

Knights... they usually don't even get past my templars before I kill them, but if they ever kill them, enhanced delphic destroyer is terrifying lol, I really would love that skill, but I guess you can't have it all. I imagine knights could become quite a pain with their block passive and they have the benefit, at least early on, of doing well in the 55 pvp set because of the passive that pretty much makes up for not using the pve set.

3) Well I play as a mage and I love it. I couldn't imagine not having my heals and AoEs. I also get to use a giant paintbrush! ^_^

Comment

archers best

knights good

mages suck

but no matter how the mages suck I still love mine more than any class

Comment

Knight is worst by far because it needs 2 skilles set one for world boss, spire and anywhere you need kill fast and one for gb and battleground. For light casher, this is impossible to achieve. I choosed to be a critical knight, but i lost to mage 10k br lower than me regularly in bg because low block br. Even if with same critical in wb, we still lose to archer because archer can slow world boss now.

Comment

UPDATE: I will finish taking in results and begin posting my findings on Wednesday, 7th May.

Thank you to those that have posted their answers so far. To those that haven't, you've still got some time. Use it!

Comment

Working...
                              X