Jewel 80 which one to have 1st ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ancev View Post
    It works in China, almost all use the same ring/jewel. Some prefer the chance to reduce rage by 50% ring , but for jewel pick, they all go for reduce def one.
    I'm not saying there's no way it stacks but it seems like it would be extremely hard to VERIFY that it stacks since it wouldn't visibly change any given stat. The only way to know for sure would be based on damage done to a target but I have yet to meet anyone who can claim to know with 100% certainty HOW the game applies damage beyond the base formula [(Atk-Def)/2] +/- 10%. I know it SHOULD work since given the fact that 80 gear no longer deals with set bonuses but it just seems a little too good to be true to me.
    Patryn
    Twisted
    S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
    "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

Originally posted by FarrelBrown View Post
      I'm not saying there's no way it stacks but it seems like it would be extremely hard to VERIFY that it stacks since it wouldn't visibly change any given stat. The only way to know for sure would be based on damage done to a target but I have yet to meet anyone who can claim to know with 100% certainty HOW the game applies damage beyond the base formula [(Atk-Def)/2] +/- 10%. I know it SHOULD work since given the fact that 80 gear no longer deals with set bonuses but it just seems a little too good to be true to me.

i can call my friend Archimedes, he was pretty good with all that math stuff back in our high school years
      oh such fun times, i even remember when Caesar attacked
      IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
      Class: Archer
      Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
      Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
      Originally posted by Wraithraiser
      but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Umm mebbe spend a little time refining them so they not so weak?

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
          i can call my friend Archimedes, he was pretty good with all that math stuff back in our high school years
          oh such fun times, i even remember when Caesar attacked
          The problem is not whether I can do the math (i can) the problem is knowing the exact order in which the variables are processed. With the ignore mdef/pdef thing we know it's in the base formula but even -4k def is a very small amount relative to the Atk scores you would be seeing in Chinese servers. Add into it the unseen chance variables like the floating damage and Brutal Edge which is a CHANCE to ignore x amount of opponents Def and there is really no easy way to verify whether the jewels/rings stack.
          Patryn
          Twisted
          S130 Dragonmar

Comment

I was told it will not stack when I sent a ticket asking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBallbags View Post
              I was told it will not stack when I sent a ticket asking about it.
              if that is the case, then getting the ring that has ignore def wont stack with the jewel
              Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

No idea why you'd open ticket regarding this kind of subject, I'll have to assume you're American and used to have the pizza delivered to your place without knowing how it gets there.
                Patryn put out a good point, as far as I can see it we'll all have have a go at same jewels, same rings to get the 4k ignore defense, but in the end only by empiric ways we'lll figure out if it's working or not. No way of realizing 100% sure if it ignores or not.
                On a program base procedure it should, so let's hope it does.
                Last edited by JBirdie; 05-08-2014, 12:32 AM.

JBird
                Boas Tetas, S60 Leaves Fort
                Mage lvl.80 ~8M BR, 5xCW Sorceror EU zone
                One Swallow doensn't make a summer but a Bird crafts a victory

Comment

In china server almost all players are doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by B4nsh33 View Post
                    if that is the case, then getting the ring that has ignore def wont stack with the jewel
                    Not necessarily. Ultimately it could be as simple as R2s translation of the items was done quickly and did not include (stacks with x,y,z) in the text. Doesn't mean the rest of the code is messed up or that similar set bonuses for different sets wouldn't work. At the same time the comments on this thread saying that "almost all Chinese server players use double ring/jewel" still doesn't necessarily prove that they stack. Could just as easily be that they all THOUGHT it would stack when they first came out and so doubled them up and simply don't care enough about the secondary bonuses. Like I said earlier I have no idea if they would stack and I already made my first jewel (the -% crit one) so I'm not about to farm LL NM for stones to make another jewel so, for me at least, it's a moot point on the jewels.
                    Patryn
                    Twisted
                    S130 Dragonmar

Comment

Originally posted by JBirdie View Post
                      No idea why you'd open ticket regarding this kind of subject, I'll have to assume you're American and used to have the pizza delivered to your place without knowing how it gets there.
                      Patryn put out a good point, as far as I can see it we'll all have have a go at same jewels, same rings to get the 4k ignore defense, but in the end only by empiric ways we'lll figure out if it's working or not. No way of realizing 100% sure if it ignores or not.
                      On a program base procedure it should, so let's hope it does.
                      I appreciate the agreement but did you really need to throw the America bashing in there? Filing a ticket is actually the most practical method for answering most of the questions we may have about this game so no reason to fault anyone for doing it. Information is power so knowing "for sure" whether or not something works the way we THINK it might is always preferable to taking a blind swing and hoping for the best.
                      Patryn
                      Twisted
                      S130 Dragonmar

Comment

you could semi reliably test it but only by having two jewels or two rings with -1k pdef each on them while also having and = jewel or ring without.
                        but who has the time to definitively test it considering you would need a large sample size.

if anyone does want to test it :P
                        two jewels both with -1k pdef, 1 jewel (80 legend without -1k pdef)
                        remove all astrals and gear besides those jewels
                        equip level 1 will destroyer (eliminate rng crit to find the base damage+ WD damage)
                        find a mage willing to duel you many times
                        Hit said mage 1000 times with 2 -pdef jewels on, and 1000 times with 1 -1kpdef and the one without, record each hit average out the results.
                        good luck not quitting the game before you finish this task :P

Comment

Originally posted by FarrelBrown View Post
                          I appreciate the agreement but did you really need to throw the America bashing in there? Filing a ticket is actually the most practical method for answering most of the questions we may have about this game so no reason to fault anyone for doing it. Information is power so knowing "for sure" whether or not something works the way we THINK it might is always preferable to taking a blind swing and hoping for the best.
                          Sorry for The American part of it, just giving an example and it came out the wrong way.
                          As far as I can see it, tickets exist to inform the game developers of problems within the game that they didn't realize when the pre-test were done or to make them aware of situations ingame.
                          Stuffing the costumer service inbox just delays the answers/actions.
                          Doubts about how something works should be posted in the forums.
                          As for the the question by itself, well...
                          When we can't be sure, yes we follow our instincts and pray for the best.

JBird
                          Boas Tetas, S60 Leaves Fort
                          Mage lvl.80 ~8M BR, 5xCW Sorceror EU zone
                          One Swallow doensn't make a summer but a Bird crafts a victory

Comment

Working...
                          X