Patch 2.46 Part II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch 2.46 Part II

Now that the maintenance announcement has come, we can be sure that many players will be waiting for the patch tomorrow. So, to start with the questions that will inevitably come as everyone turns to the forums for those 6 hours:

1. What's the difference between Jewel Hunt boxes now and before?

What I have so far is that they are awarded for 300, 700, 1600, 3500, 7000 points. First two give 1 shard, second two give 2 shards and the last one gives 4. The only other differences I saw were: First one gives 5 fate stones less, second one gives 5 whips more. If we keep these boxes from before the patch, will they convert to the new ones?

2. Are there any interesting Sky Trail details I should know about?

So far I know that we have levels that are divided into 10 stages. How many levels are there? How hard are they? Is the reward for the first 10 stages ("first level map") 4.5M XP and 1.4M gold (+tokens) as it says on the update screenshot? How to get an S rating on each and does it mean anything?

3. How does Clothing ID really work?

If I assume that the post on Symedia's blog is correct the next table should represent identification per piece of clothing(without refining):

Gold Cost Chance Bonus Grade
    1,000,000 20% +20 S
    800,000 30% +8 A
    600,000 40% +6 B
    400,000 50% +4 C
    200,000 60% +2 D

So what to identify first?

I'm not really a mathematician, so correct me if I'm wrong. Also, confirm this if you agree!
    The average number of attempts needed to complete an identification with probability p is 1/p. For example, for S rated clothing: 1/0.2 = 5 times.
    From this, we can calculate the average amount of gold needed to identify per stat bonus to get the stat that should be identified first.

I'm using the formula Value = Gold Cost / (Bonus * Chance).

Grade Value Per 1 Bonus Stat
    S 1M / (0.2*20) = 250k
    A 800k / (0.3*8) = 333k
    B 600k / (0.4*6) = 250k
    C 400k / (0.5*4) = 200k
    D 200k / (0.6*2) = 167k

So it would appear that D clothing gives the most stats for the gold invested, and A gives the least.

4. Are there any other interesting insights to the new patch?

Thanks.

Looks like yet another new system to try to earn them money, since some people turn balens into gold often. Does the devs of this game ever add anything new that isin't bascally a way for them to suck more money out of their players?, Look at the mothers day events, if you can even call them events, when you considering most of them require cash purchaises, those are not events imo. Events should have 0 costs to the player, just like those evil pearls in the lucky packs for easter just another shady way to suck money out of people. we should be able to open them for free, not have to spend ba;ens to open an event thing, in which 99.99% of the time your going to get the gold since they are probally just as rigged as the vip tokens, Vip tokens ALWAYS give you the cheapest item first, last item you'll get is prob 500k gold if its in there, you can forget about ever getting any of the gems etc, cuz that'd be money out of r2 pockets.

I also see no point to this clothing id system, there is no problem with how it currently is, only reason I see it changing is just another way to suck money out of people.

Comment

I see that you've joined very recently.

I think Wartune is a good example (along with many other MMOs, primarily MMORPGs) od the "Dragonball effect", a term my friends and I coined some time ago. The effect is based on the anime, where the hero is always on the quest to beat the strongest person he knows of. It's like getting really good at sports - first you win at a few local competitions, then a few nationals, then regionals, in some cases continentals and finally you're aiming for the world championships. The part that doesn't exist in our sports system, however, is the constant appearance of bigger enemies you never heard of before. Once you beat the world championships, alien martial arts masters with inhuman skill challenge you, then you fight against gods or whatever new enemy the storyteller can think of. Wartune is similar to this in their "more is always better" strategy, where more content and mechanics is better. And they are right, in a way - new players will be able to reach high BR faster, old players won't get bored, we're reaching power we previously thought was unreachable. Money is another concern entirely and has nothing to do with what I'm trying to say here - I'm trying to use the new patch to the best of my ability, and maybe I can get more information by sharing what I've got.

Comment

Still don't see a point to the clothing id system, seems like a stupid completly pointless system thats not even needed or useful other than for sucking cash out of people for yet another useless feature.

Comment

Well, I'm going to use it to get some BR, and I'm not going to waste a single penny on it.

Comment

It isn't stupid but nice addition When we can identify it for free why not
            AeonFlux
            Mage
            S3 Worg Lair Europe
            OFFICIALLY RETIRED

Comment

Originally posted by WickedSilk View Post

3. How does Clothing ID really work?

If I assume that the post on Symedia's blog is correct the next table should represent identification per piece of clothing(without refining):

Gold Cost Chance Bonus Grade
              1,000,000 20% +20 S
              800,000 30% +8 A
              600,000 40% +6 B
              400,000 50% +4 C
              200,000 60% +2 D

So what to identify first?

I'm not really a mathematician, so correct me if I'm wrong. Also, confirm this if you agree!
              The average number of attempts needed to complete an identification with probability p is 1/p. For example, for S rated clothing: 1/0.2 = 5 times.
              From this, we can calculate the average amount of gold needed to identify per stat bonus to get the stat that should be identified first.

I'm using the formula Value = Gold Cost / (Bonus * Chance).

Grade Value Per 1 Bonus Stat
              S 1M / (0.2*20) = 250k
              A 800k / (0.3*8) = 333k
              B 600k / (0.4*6) = 250k
              C 400k / (0.5*4) = 200k
              D 200k / (0.6*2) = 167k
              Chances are random, a guildie spent 25M to get a single cloth identified or a 4% rate.
              Chance doesn't take account for total gold spent, just tries and number of clothes available (more clothes less chance).
              [morfinnor]
              Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Now we are really max fate (people that doesnt cash for fate stones) with the first box giving 5 less stones... im upset.
                East coast archer.

Comment

Originally posted by MSEngel View Post
                  Now we are really max fate (people that doesnt cash for fate stones) with the first box giving 5 less stones... im upset.
                  yea but the 2nd chest is available at 700 points and the first chest at 300
                  300 points is the bare minimum everyone should be able to get no matter what (20 attempts, 10 points likely minimum + other drops and help).
                  700 points is actually doable as well and ive got without balens maybe twice the 1000 points since jewel hunt has been implemented. So you get more chests thus more stones.
                  For me this feels like:
                  300 points: 100% chance to obtain daily, before 500 points roughly 70%
                  700 points: 30%, minimum i think (havent paid much attention to the points i get last weeks) with before 1k points is 1%.

nice you calculated the value of gold per stat. i was planning doing the low stuff first, to get fast and easy br, but seeing you infor, thats kinda the best way too.

Ty vm

Edit:
                  Maybe OP could calculate as well what the average amount of fate stones we would get before and after patch, giving my random guessed numbers:P

Comment

@laba-laba: Yes, I'm aware of the memorylessness in probability. This is just the average gold (with large amounts of clothing this is how much you'd pay - and by large I mean something -> infinity).

@MSEngel: Yeah but the box is easier to get and the next one is easier to get too. For me at least, who gets about 600-650 points on average, this'll mean plenty of boxes for 700 which means more fate stones in total. Also, potential Mahra and Sepulcrum from shards make it a good change overall, I think.

EDIT (so I don't double post)
                    @fenrir67: I could calculate it, but since I'd have to invent most of the numbers the results might be a bit incorrect and it might get people to misinterpret.

What I can tell you is that (unless they change the way we get points) whoever was able to get over 500 points daily (or at least 9/10 times) will probably be able to get 700 points twice per week. This is more of a statistical guess based on my own score.
                    Last edited by WickedSilk; 05-07-2014, 09:47 AM.

Comment

1 comment about your calculation:
                      There is a chance to receive more than the given stats (minimum 20 and max 100 i believe at S rank) so, technically you should use the average of that for the calculation (in case there is a normal distribution of the stats obtained (there is equal chance to recieve 20 as 100 for example).

However it doesn't change the outcome of your calculation in the way of the most cost efficient order:P

Comment

That is interesting. I thought it didn't work that way, though. That's why we have discussions! :P

I thought it worked like this:

First you identify (this is the cost of gold). This always gives you one star.

Then you refine (this is the cost in Fashion Cores). I'm not sure I understand how this process works exactly.

If someone can give me more detailed info on this, I could perhaps calculate something differently and the result might be different.

Side note: You probably meant uniform distribution, not normal. Yeah, I'm a jerk

I'd also like to know how many Sky Trail attempts do we have per day. Is it really 10? Can we really take all 10 on the best stage we can beat and get max gold/xp? Or do they replenish like cards, one every 6 hours?

Comment

10 attempts a day, though there is an item that gives extra attempts. You only get a lot of gold and exp the first time you beat a fight. After the first time, you get a much smaller amount. Also, once you beat a fight with S rank, you can't ever fight it again.

You are correct that identifying and refining are separate. Identifying takes gold and amount of gold goes up and success chance goes down as you identify higher rank items. And when you identify an item, it will always be one star. Refining you do after an item is identified and it takes fashion cores (5 for S, 4 for A, 3 for B, 2 for C and 1 for D) and basically each refine has a random chance of giving you anywhere from one star to five stars (and can increase or decrease from prior refines of that piece of clothing), with the number of stars resulting in a stat boost that is a multiple of the base stat boost you get when you identify. So while you can take into account that refining will yield better boosts, that will only really be the case if you have the spare fashion cores (or plan on buying them) to yield those bigger boosts, and even then, what you get (from one to five stars) is random. You can probably hypothesize that average is 3, but so far in the refines I've done, I haven't gotten a single 5 star and my average seems closer to 2, so I'm not sure if random here means 20% chance of each outcome or some of the outcomes are more heavily weighted than others.

Comment

I'd also like to know how many Sky Trail attempts do we have per day. Is it really 10? Can we really take all 10 on the best stage we can beat and get max gold/xp? Or do they replenish like cards, one every 6 hours?
                            afaik it's the same rewards for every stage/difficulty/level if you are repeating them. 150k exp/gold for win, 50k exp/gold if you lose. the rest is completioning rewards if you just beat them for first time.
                            [morfinnor]
                            Temple of Ibalize

Comment

That is interesting. I thought it didn't work that way, though. That's why we have discussions! :P

I thought it worked like this:

First you identify (this is the cost of gold). This always gives you one star.

Then you refine (this is the cost in Fashion Cores). I'm not sure I understand how this process works exactly.

If someone can give me more detailed info on this, I could perhaps calculate something differently and the result might be different.

Side note: You probably meant uniform distribution, not normal. Yeah, I'm a jerk

Not sure but i thought it was possible to get more than one staron the first identification.

Yea its uniform, but in my example (20 and 100 with equal chance) it could also be the normal distribution since they're the minimum and maximum:P and normal distribution has the same chances for minimum and maximum (i think atleast), i always hated statistics cz i couldn't see the meaning behind al the information (While i do have a strong feeling for math)

Comment

Working...
                              X