Patch 2.46 Part II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fenrir67 View Post
    Not sure but i thought it was possible to get more than one staron the first identification.

Yea its uniform, but in my example (20 and 100 with equal chance) it could also be the normal distribution since they're the minimum and maximum:P and normal distribution has the same chances for minimum and maximum (i think atleast), i always hated statistics cz i couldn't see the meaning behind al the information (While i do have a strong feeling for math)
    I've got 19 items identified and not even one of them has started with more than one star when I first ID'ed it. So don't think its possible, but if it is, its real rare.

Comment

@fenrir67: This is a not a continuous example, which normal (Gaussian) distribution is usually used for (in discrete examples you only have a finite number of options, in continuous this is usually an interval of real numbers). One of the reasons why it isn't used in these examples is because it has no minimum or maximum. It is symmetrical, however, and you could use one of the discrete distributions that approximate it.

@Kessar: Thank you, this helps a lot. I'm going to assume that refining resets stars (having more stars has absolutely no influence on what you're going to get from refining). Might make a new table for refining soon, then. It's not overly complicated :P

Comment

Originally posted by Scyris View Post
        Still don't see a point to the clothing id system, seems like a stupid completly pointless system thats not even needed or useful other than for sucking cash out of people for yet another useless feature.
        Who cares? It's a free system except if you want to refine it which costs cores. Thus you can get those free from spire. It isn't a bad system. There have been far worse events going on than the clothing id thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivion5 View Post
          Who cares? It's a free system except if you want to refine it which costs cores. Thus you can get those free from spire. It isn't a bad system. There have been far worse events going on than the clothing id thing.
          Oh, he finally grew up.

Comment

Originally posted by winlord View Post
            Oh, he finally grew up.
            Lol funny you're telling me to grow up :P.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivion5 View Post
              you do realize that most of the clothings are not free , right?
              I agree there have been far worse events than clothing id, but it doesn't make it good.
              it's true that everyone with a piece of clothing could get some free br boost, for pve, it's not bad, but for pvp , the gap will just get even bigger as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by fenrir67 View Post
                Not sure but i thought it was possible to get more than one staron the first identification.

Yea its uniform, but in my example (20 and 100 with equal chance) it could also be the normal distribution since they're the minimum and maximum:P and normal distribution has the same chances for minimum and maximum (i think atleast), i always hated statistics cz i couldn't see the meaning behind al the information (While i do have a strong feeling for math)
                equal chance? you are optimistic. This is r2 and it wouldnt surprize me to have the same chances of getting a 5 star (100) as you have to get a lvl 5 gem in the 1-5 gem packs . Assuming you have equal chance for all levels might be misleading

Comment

what i am interested in its if today we finishe first lv of sky trail with our 10 atempts(ive see there are 10 monsters/fights per lv) and next day we cant finish 2nd, what we fight 10 times from 3rd day on?

Comment

ok so 2 more questions in general.

Do i get random stats from refining like for S clothing i get 20-100 so getting 23 is possible? or is it in steps, in case of rank S, 20,40,60,80,100?

And when you use cores, does it automatically replace the current stats or can you choose to swap stats like eq refining?

Comment

Originally posted by Alinshinoby View Post
                      what i am interested in its if today we finishe first lv of sky trail with our 10 atempts(ive see there are 10 monsters/fights per lv) and next day we cant finish 2nd, what we fight 10 times from 3rd day on?
                      This is an interesting question and I'd like to see the answer too.

And I said I'd make another table :P
                      I'm going to assume the average refinement level is 2 and 3 in separate columns. This is a bad assumption, but it might give an insight into the problem. This is the result of refining an already identified piece.

Fashion Cores Grade Stat Gain Per Core (avg = 2) Stat Gain Per Core (avg = 3)
                      5 S 20 / 5 = 4 8
                      4 A 8 / 4 = 2 4
                      3 B 6 / 3 = 2 4
                      2 C 4 / 2 = 2 4
                      1 D 2 / 1 = 2 4

From this you can see that A-D get +2 to a stat per core spent per star that average value is above 1 and S gets +4.

Another, useless table that tells you to get Armor if you want BR:

Piece Attribute BR bonus
                      Helm Intelligence +5
                      Armor Armor/Defense +8
                      Weapon Strength +5
                      Wings Endurance +4

So... If this is right, it's best to Identify D rank pieces first, but use cores on S ranks, despite their high cost.

@fenrir67: You can only get base stats * stars bonuses, so 20, 40, 60, 80 and 100 for an S rank. 23 shouldn't be possible. I think refining automatically replaces the old value but this is just me interpreting what Kessar and the others said (if you could keep the old ones I think nobody would even mention this). Maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Alinshinoby View Post
                        You can fight stages again if you had an A ranking on them, once they're S you can't fight them anymore which means you'll have to fight tougher stages.

Comment

So we can always fight at least one level - even if we lose against it we get rewards. Could be interesting once someone passes all levels of all stages with the S rating.

Comment

Originally posted by WickedSilk View Post
                            So we can always fight at least one level - even if we lose against it we get rewards. Could be interesting once someone passes all levels of all stages with the S rating.
                            I heard that it's possibly a bug, will know tomorrow I guess.

Comment

So we need to try auto attack or do low dmg for A grade ranking ?

Comment

Originally posted by WickedSilk View Post
                                guess that if you pass a stage with s ranking, you should be able to pass next. Or at least that is probably the way they thought about it

Comment

Working...
                                X