continuing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• continuing?

As a non-cash player, having to compete equally, not divisively, against those who do shell out cash for this game, is there any incentive for us non-cashers to keep playing?
    I'm seriously thinking of leaving.

leave if you want cya

Comment

If you enjoy the game, you do. If not, bye.

Comment

No need for the hate. I need concrete answers.

Comment

There is no incentive for free players to play against spenders. If you write down a list of reasons why you participate in any hobby, most of those reasons are fun/enjoyment-based and social-based. Different people "seek the fun" in different ways: the challenge of beating a game, the accomplishment of doing well in a game without spending much or anything at all, the 'aha' moments when you figure something out in a game. For spenders, they have their own lists of course. I just listed my own reasons there, as a free player. I am sure other people have their own lists.

The social aspect is a strong draw, esp. in a good guild with fun people.

I do feel sorry for those who spend if they think it will allow them to "win" - here you need not only to spend a lot, but you need to spend more than anyone else and servers are merged usually without little warning and all advantage can be lost overnight. Once there is someone who manages to out-spend you then it is in vain. Best not start

Happy gaming
          Last edited by ecla2; 05-07-2014, 04:23 PM.
          Lord Drake currently lives in: S130 Dragonmar

Comment

Sorry Cblue, but if you were lvl 61 with 33k BR....you did it wrong. 67 with 45K BR, better, but still not enough to compete. You went way too fast. It's not that people cash or not...your toon is a bit screwed up to start with. You should easily have more than 11k matk right now.

It's good to see you slowing now at 67, but it seems a bit late in the game. Especially since you are just learning that you want to be EWD. I would simply suggest starting a new toon, taking all that you have learned in this one and correcting those mistakes, utilizing BG and slow leveling to the point where you are ultra competitive before you progress further. I've seen plenty of people do very well as free players, but they held a single evel for a month or more, where it seems you have jumped 6 levels in the last 6 weeks, including all your talent dumps that we have now. That is way too fast if you want to compete as a free player, especially if that is your "slow" pace.

Honestly, no offense to you, but it seemed you learned how to play with this current toon. Yes, the game is a bit screwy and cashers win easier, it frustrates most of us, even light cashers. But if you go slow, you can get almost everything they do (Hades from event box drops, Apollo from S.C. exchange). It's a free game that can easily be enjoyed if you do it right, from the start.
            Lvl 80 Crit Mage, 298K BR, Aegis ***** G.M. Hells-Gate

Comment

im really sorry you feel this way.

but let me tell you this r2 doesn't really care if players leave or not, as long as they are making $$$ there is no place for free users in this game.
              This game is for your own excitement play as you wish, leave as you wish.

Comment

I continue cause I like the challenge, against spenders and non-spenders. I'm just vip, and there are people that's non-vip that beats me, and there's people that are full cashers, that I beat. So in the end, there is a challenge no matter how much you spend, just don't look at the top of the mountain, but on the closest ledge and take one step at a time.

You will never be able to beat the big big spenders, not even the big ones, but the small cashers, you can defently beat if you have luck and patience on your side.

Comment

You need to quit if you came into this game thinking a non-casher can ever compete with a casher in a P2W game. Assuming both have same knowledge base and skill, the casher will always out due the non-casher simply because it gives a enormous edge. Just look at all the mounts that are cash only. Underworld, Hellfire, cloudcaller, just these three are +140 to all stats a non-casher will never have and their are many more mounts that are pretty much cash only. The apollo and hades slyph are cash only as well unless you managed to get one via the very few event boxes they give away in some events. So basically, time to quit if that was your motive for playing

Comment

Originally posted by R26737621 View Post
                    You need to quit if you came into this game thinking a non-casher can ever compete with a casher in a P2W game. Assuming both have same knowledge base and skill, the casher will always out due the non-casher simply because it gives a enormous edge. Just look at all the mounts that are cash only. Underworld, Hellfire, cloudcaller, just these three are +140 to all stats a non-casher will never have and their are many more mounts that are pretty much cash only. The apollo and hades slyph are cash only as well unless you managed to get one via the very few event boxes they give away in some events. So basically, time to quit if that was your motive for playing
                    wildfire steed is available in the market, bound balens work there
                    so it is possible for a non casher to get that
                    IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
                    Class: Archer
                    Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
                    Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
                    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                    but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Why do you need an incentive to keep playing?
                      If you enjoy the game and the people in it, stay. If you don't, leave. Pretty simple...it's a game.

Comment

I've decided that this is the end.
                        I see very little reason to keep striving for something when so many fellow players are still far far far ahead and I lose nearly every battle no matter what. The game was a nice distraction, and now it's just plan work. The guild I'm in doesn't really respond to me anymore. Time to go.

Please understand this much before I go. I also let an unrelated game for the same reason but it was more to do with realism. A game should be just that. Free. When money is involved, it's less a game and more of an investment. About haves and have nots. I hate to see dualism in this world. I won't give my hard earned money, which I have precious little of to spare, for something like this.

Comment

Your right, Wartune is more of an investment in their eyes, as long as they are getting the $$$ in they dont care... if no money was going into the game then the game wont exist!.

but as the other dude said, if you like the game try starting again in a brand new server and use the knowledge you already know to build up a class!
                          Server:Wartune [S133] Esterwyn
                          Name: iron3y3d
                          Guild: Twi§ted
                          Class: Knight
                          Level: 78
                          Battle Rating: 110K+

One Shot Can Change History

Comment

Originally posted by CrizzyB View Post
                            Sorry Cblue, but if you were lvl 61 with 33k BR....you did it wrong. 67 with 45K BR, better, but still not enough to compete. You went way too fast. It's not that people cash or not...your toon is a bit screwed up to start with. You should easily have more than 11k matk right now.

It's good to see you slowing now at 67, but it seems a bit late in the game. Especially since you are just learning that you want to be EWD. I would simply suggest starting a new toon, taking all that you have learned in this one and correcting those mistakes, utilizing BG and slow leveling to the point where you are ultra competitive before you progress further. I've seen plenty of people do very well as free players, but they held a single evel for a month or more, where it seems you have jumped 6 levels in the last 6 weeks, including all your talent dumps that we have now. That is way too fast if you want to compete as a free player, especially if that is your "slow" pace.

Honestly, no offense to you, but it seemed you learned how to play with this current toon. Yes, the game is a bit screwy and cashers win easier, it frustrates most of us, even light cashers. But if you go slow, you can get almost everything they do (Hades from event box drops, Apollo from S.C. exchange). It's a free game that can easily be enjoyed if you do it right, from the start.
                            it's totally fixable if you spend 7 bucks on vip and level up academy, town hall, gold production, and then dump all gold into guild skills (provided you are in a decent guild) and then astrals

level up gold academy skills and appropriate skills (pdef, mdef, whatever you need) and focus on a decent sylph
                            Last edited by noob9841; 05-07-2014, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by noob9841 View Post
                              it's totally fixable if you spend 7 bucks on vip and level up academy, town hall, gold production, and then dump all gold into guild skills (provided you are in a decent guild) and then astrals

level up gold academy skills and appropriate skills (pdef, mdef, whatever you need) and focus on a decent sylph
                              There are fixes that can be made, yes. Even by getting 1-hour VIP. But slow leveling to get Lord Divine in 60-69 BG now? Trying to compete in MP arenas for insignia even? All with a mediocre guild as he says. Will be even more frustrating for somebody on the verge of quitting. Would be like a 2 month project, which is why i just suggest starting perfect and focusing on the important things right away. Save those vip cards, slow level in the easier bg to get Lord Divine, stay in top 10 for world boss the whole way, etc.
                              Lvl 80 Crit Mage, 298K BR, Aegis ***** G.M. Hells-Gate

Comment

Working...
                              X