X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cblue456
    started a topic continuing?

continuing?

As a non-cash player, having to compete equally, not divisively, against those who do shell out cash for this game, is there any incentive for us non-cashers to keep playing?
    I'm seriously thinking of leaving.

• secretfox
    replied
    Originally posted by cblue456 View Post
    As a non-cash player, having to compete equally, not divisively, against those who do shell out cash for this game, is there any incentive for us non-cashers to keep playing?
    I'm seriously thinking of leaving.
    You have chosen the wrong publisher to deal with. R2Games runs a ruthless cutthroat capitalist environment. So don't compete against cashers. Instead, change your priorities and expectations for this game. I changed mine and am happier for it. Since I can't beat the money pumpers in terms of time and money, I avoided competing against them.

Just make sure you're strong enough for multiplayer dungeons , solo dungeons, catacombs, tormented necropolis and the occasional tank trials. Hide in Twilight Sands when you can (it's great for peace of mind. I discovered that quite by accident when I was about to quit the game ).

Avoid BG if at all possible unless you're sure you can beat 80% of the players there. Also avoid Amethyst Double Time if the stronger players keep on hitting on you unless you want them to farm you for crystals. Just follow these guidelines and things shouldn't turn out too bad for you.
    Last edited by secretfox; 05-08-2014, 03:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• daunapu
    replied
    As a non-casher, you compete or at least common sense says you should compare yourself with other non-cashers. Monster cashers compete with others like them, not with you. You will never be equal or close to it. All this cashers vs. non-cashers war is amusing in its stupidity.

Leave a comment:

• russish
    replied
    http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....247#post886247
    read. learn how many people are playing without investments and achieve results.

Leave a comment:

• MSEngel
    replied
    Slow leveling partially works till lv 69 and at some extent lv 74 after that no matter how longer you've camped 75+ you're food for people that is able to spend.
    Stop ♥ so much over slow leveling.
    It works to slay people that is rushing levels on GA and BG nothing else.
    Last edited by TheGuardingDark; 05-08-2014, 03:43 AM. Reason: Language.

Leave a comment:

• CrizzyB
    replied
    I'm going to quit school since I can't go to Harvard. All the rich kids are so lucky that they just get to go. I can't pay the prices, so I won't go to any school. Never mind that I got all C's in high school. It's their fault for having such high prices and rich students who can buy their way in. They should make it equal for everybody.

If you set your mind to it, you can compete. But it's personal responsibility to say, yeah...maybe i screwed this up a bit. And it takes time and effort to make it happen with what's available. You can still do plenty good, if you do it correctly.

Leave a comment:

• Pickapath
    replied
    Non casher should focus on the PVE side of the game, not the pvp...you cant compete in the pvp for titles.

Leave a comment:

• iamop
    replied
    Originally posted by noob9841 View Post
    it's totally fixable if you spend 7 bucks on vip and level up academy, town hall, gold production, and then dump all gold into guild skills (provided you are in a decent guild) and then astrals

level up gold academy skills and appropriate skills (pdef, mdef, whatever you need) and focus on a decent sylph
    You don't even need VIP. Just wait a few months or maybe a year and your academy and buildings will be sufficiently upgraded. Don't try to compete in cross-server events, just slowly level up. If you're 67, you should have 60 jewels and rings; if you don't, just blitz Catacombs and get your Crypt Tokens. Use Talents to keep yourself at 67. Save your bound balens for wings or rods. Patience will bring you (almost) the exact same results as a rushing casher.

Leave a comment:

• CrizzyB
    replied
    Originally posted by noob9841 View Post
    it's totally fixable if you spend 7 bucks on vip and level up academy, town hall, gold production, and then dump all gold into guild skills (provided you are in a decent guild) and then astrals

level up gold academy skills and appropriate skills (pdef, mdef, whatever you need) and focus on a decent sylph
    There are fixes that can be made, yes. Even by getting 1-hour VIP. But slow leveling to get Lord Divine in 60-69 BG now? Trying to compete in MP arenas for insignia even? All with a mediocre guild as he says. Will be even more frustrating for somebody on the verge of quitting. Would be like a 2 month project, which is why i just suggest starting perfect and focusing on the important things right away. Save those vip cards, slow level in the easier bg to get Lord Divine, stay in top 10 for world boss the whole way, etc.

Leave a comment:

• noob9841
    replied
    Originally posted by CrizzyB View Post
    Sorry Cblue, but if you were lvl 61 with 33k BR....you did it wrong. 67 with 45K BR, better, but still not enough to compete. You went way too fast. It's not that people cash or not...your toon is a bit screwed up to start with. You should easily have more than 11k matk right now.

It's good to see you slowing now at 67, but it seems a bit late in the game. Especially since you are just learning that you want to be EWD. I would simply suggest starting a new toon, taking all that you have learned in this one and correcting those mistakes, utilizing BG and slow leveling to the point where you are ultra competitive before you progress further. I've seen plenty of people do very well as free players, but they held a single evel for a month or more, where it seems you have jumped 6 levels in the last 6 weeks, including all your talent dumps that we have now. That is way too fast if you want to compete as a free player, especially if that is your "slow" pace.

Honestly, no offense to you, but it seemed you learned how to play with this current toon. Yes, the game is a bit screwy and cashers win easier, it frustrates most of us, even light cashers. But if you go slow, you can get almost everything they do (Hades from event box drops, Apollo from S.C. exchange). It's a free game that can easily be enjoyed if you do it right, from the start.

Last edited by noob9841; 05-07-2014, 08:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• iron3y3d
    replied
    Your right, Wartune is more of an investment in their eyes, as long as they are getting the $$$ in they dont care... if no money was going into the game then the game wont exist!.

but as the other dude said, if you like the game try starting again in a brand new server and use the knowledge you already know to build up a class!

Leave a comment:

• cblue456
    replied
    I've decided that this is the end.
    I see very little reason to keep striving for something when so many fellow players are still far far far ahead and I lose nearly every battle no matter what. The game was a nice distraction, and now it's just plan work. The guild I'm in doesn't really respond to me anymore. Time to go.

Please understand this much before I go. I also let an unrelated game for the same reason but it was more to do with realism. A game should be just that. Free. When money is involved, it's less a game and more of an investment. About haves and have nots. I hate to see dualism in this world. I won't give my hard earned money, which I have precious little of to spare, for something like this.

Leave a comment:

• FufuBunnySlayer
    replied
    Why do you need an incentive to keep playing?
    If you enjoy the game and the people in it, stay. If you don't, leave. Pretty simple...it's a game.

Leave a comment:

• Brutal_Hobo
    replied
    Originally posted by R26737621 View Post
    You need to quit if you came into this game thinking a non-casher can ever compete with a casher in a P2W game. Assuming both have same knowledge base and skill, the casher will always out due the non-casher simply because it gives a enormous edge. Just look at all the mounts that are cash only. Underworld, Hellfire, cloudcaller, just these three are +140 to all stats a non-casher will never have and their are many more mounts that are pretty much cash only. The apollo and hades slyph are cash only as well unless you managed to get one via the very few event boxes they give away in some events. So basically, time to quit if that was your motive for playing
    wildfire steed is available in the market, bound balens work there
    so it is possible for a non casher to get that

Leave a comment:

• R26737621
    replied
    You need to quit if you came into this game thinking a non-casher can ever compete with a casher in a P2W game. Assuming both have same knowledge base and skill, the casher will always out due the non-casher simply because it gives a enormous edge. Just look at all the mounts that are cash only. Underworld, Hellfire, cloudcaller, just these three are +140 to all stats a non-casher will never have and their are many more mounts that are pretty much cash only. The apollo and hades slyph are cash only as well unless you managed to get one via the very few event boxes they give away in some events. So basically, time to quit if that was your motive for playing

Leave a comment:

Working...
X