unfair to knight and even mage ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unfair to knight and even mage ?

lately, the game is more and more for archer : WB, Necro, Sky ...
    i'm afraid of losing people who quit because they are knight or mage

i'm archer myself
    RETIRED. Too much bugs, too time consuming, too few listening from Wartune
    Wartune : NonoBoulot : S181 : Archer

knight is the worst in all PvE aspect, no speed reduction skill, longest casting speed

mage is a bit better, but still not good in necro or sky trail with PATK boss

archer? PvP and PvE all very good, at least that's what I feel
    SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
    IGN: Kimwong
    CLASS: Knight
    PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
    BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
    Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

Comment

Sure things are easier for archers, but it's not really impossible for other classes once you get to a certain point. Archers can just do it with less BR/stats.

Comment

we will see soon with Sky. but i doubt many people can reach level 10 of second layer if they aren't archer, the same way most are blocked at necro 15 if they aren't archer.
        for a long time, mage had that advantage in catacombs (they finished it before others classes), but it's not the case with lately PVE features.
        archer had always the advantage in WB, but now it's even bigger (and way too big with knights ... )

and with people who are doing 80 set, the gold is something we really need... i can finish upgrade to +36 days way before the knight in my group. i could even identify most of my clothes when he is still fighting to upgrade his to +34.

everything that could add resentment is bad for the game
        and what is bad for the game, is bad for business (as it's the only think R2games seems to understand lately ...)
        Last edited by ArnaudBo; 05-09-2014, 04:05 AM.

Comment

That's probably true. I'm on stage 9 of lv2 on ST atm, but I think with time (and some changes with strategy) should pass it. Dunno what 10 is like yet, but all in due time.

I don't have much trouble with WB personally, even if archers have it a lot easier with DF still manage top 5 all class on most days (payday's a ***** tho) enchanted first 2 pieces and ID'd most clothing already... 12 pieces left to ID but that might wait until after 3rd piece of 80 set is done.

There will be more balance later on with knights getting their own freeze skill, so things like necro/sky trail/wb should become a lot more easier for us.

Comment

Yeah, 10-15k archer can kill certain bosses in Necro sooner than me (mage).
            On the other hand, I win over most of 10-15k higher BR archers in PvP.
            Also, I mostly win over higher BR knights, but they became stronger since latest patch, when my troops are cleared in 2-3 turns by my BR knight.

Also, I can't imagine doing Nirv NM without our knight. He's 120kish BR (114k - 120k team) and without him, we wouldn't be able to kill the last boss.
            Knight's advantages which make us able to clear Nirv NM:
            • Increased healing (that helps a lot, we do over 50k non-crit heals on him while 40kish on ourselves)
            • Agoran Shield (which works on that 100k hit)
            • Apollo Shield
            • Pretty nice dmg even from the regular DD

Comment

Sky trail is a double misfortune, archers not only get further but get S easier too.
              My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
                Sure things are easier for archers, but it's not really impossible for other classes once you get to a certain point. Archers can just do it with less BR/stats.
                I think that's the whole point of archs being OP mate...

Comment

Yes, Archers are OP right now.

Knight will be in another 2 Months when Adv Class Skills are out. They get to turn their Shadow Thrasher into a 100% 3-Round Slow, and with a 1s CD, there's no gap. That's going to go along with their incredible Rage Regen and the two highest damage single-target delphics (non-pet). And they get a new AoE that does a 10% Stat Debuff (3 Rounds) as well.

Mage doesn't seem to be getting any help in the short or long term based on what China's Wartune is showing. No Reliable PvE Slow. Awful Rage Regain. The Worst Single-Target Damage. And as a little f-you Wartune is going to disable the Rage Rune for Mages with Adv Class Skills. Thanks for that!

Comment

Well, not like I pretend to know everything by any means...but after reading about the "Advanced" skills online...I do think it will be a huge help for knights, as currently, they are very lacking in the PvE department. However, I also think it will help mages out quite a lot also. Yes, rage runes are disabled IF you choose to get the passive rage regen skill. Also, who needs a single-target damage skill if you're gonna get a 400% AoE skill. It's essentially a knight's enhanced Delphic but in AoE form...talk about brutal.

To stay on topic though....I definitely agree for PvE it is Archer>Mage>Knight currently.

Comment

yea only mage have is thunderer for single target with huge % dmg I mean all else aoe... are very weak in % dmg

what is more interesting even if aoe have same dmg as thunderer we couldn't use it, we still must spam thunderer to keep df effect and than keep it up, and thunder aint cheap or fast skill and 50% chance for df

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
                        That's probably true. I'm on stage 9 of lv2 on ST atm, but I think with time (and some changes with strategy) should pass it. Dunno what 10 is like yet, but all in due time.

I don't have much trouble with WB personally, even if archers have it a lot easier with DF still manage top 5 all class on most days (payday's a ***** tho) enchanted first 2 pieces and ID'd most clothing already... 12 pieces left to ID but that might wait until after 3rd piece of 80 set is done.

There will be more balance later on with knights getting their own freeze skill, so things like necro/sky trail/wb should become a lot more easier for us.
                        archer here with 133k br and i got to lvl 10 2th stage and its a light monster that's hits realy hard. got it down to only half hp with gaia purple 1star and 24,5k br. it hits me for around 60k ea time it hits me :/

Comment

neener neener
                          You get pvp, we get pve. Of course, when knights get slow (outside of mire), they'll dominate everything...so I plan to enjoy it while it lasts.

Comment

then there are the new rings that ignore 1000 pdef and the new troops coming which are supposed to be very strong. Knights have limited aoe so none of this is good news.

If knights are really op in late game pvp and adjusts are needed ok but that shouldn't mean they are left behind in every aspect of the game including usefullness.
                            Last edited by Battlebug9; 05-09-2014, 04:31 PM.

Comment

the new Equipment stat are good for mage as Hat are the cheapest of every event i have seen so far
                              but knight are still doomed on this one ;(

Comment

Working...
                              X