Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

is there on optimum crit level?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
    nope, no mysticality

but i will be getting one actually

for the br event when they have it
    its waste of star points , i mean u gonna get seriously tough if u wanna lvl up to 70

Comment

Originally posted by MageRockz View Post
      its waste of star points , i mean u gonna get seriously tough if u wanna lvl up to 70

lol not gonna waste star points on it

after i get holy enshieldment im saving for the new astrals

and it looks like i got kicked from my game and cant log in again, there goes a healthy 3m
      IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
      Class: Archer
      Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
      Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
      Originally posted by Wraithraiser
      but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

I'm still wondering what Determination has to do with crit rate. I've seen so many people claim that it improves the rate, but the astral just claims it is a damage boost and should therefore be independent. Has it actually been tested to improve the rate when BR is kept equal?
        Last edited by CrizzyB; 05-13-2014, 02:31 PM.
        Lvl 80 Crit Mage, 298K BR, Aegis ***** G.M. Hells-Gate

Comment

so if i want a crit rate(for pvp) that makes it worth using over ewd how much crit would i need for 90k br? Oh and im a mage.

Comment

Originally posted by Fallenkingzero View Post
            so if i want a crit rate(for pvp) that makes it worth using over ewd how much crit would i need for 90k br? Oh and im a mage.
            Personally, I'll wait until I can generate about 5k crit stat and level 70 before I even consider becoming a crit mage. Obtaining Lord Divine (or at least I.C.) seems crucial to do this, if you aren't already.
            Lvl 80 Crit Mage, 298K BR, Aegis ***** G.M. Hells-Gate

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
              so basically i have been having good and bad days in wb with my crit, some days almost every attack is crit, and some days (yesterday morning) i had hardly any

normally my crit value is just over 5k
              but i just swapped 4 crit gems for block
              and my crit has improved
              this got me thinking, is there like a crit/attack ratio?

or is it just luck?

has anyone made any record of this?
              I know Athena had a theory, but didn't really understand it
              i just assumed more is better

(im not going back because since swapping some block gems i have blocked 70% of all my attacks, + im a bit biased because i blocked every attack of a 90k br knight in bg just now, and i won because of it)
              For a time I thought that reducing crit for my archer would be pointless! As an experiment I reduced my crit from just under 9k to 5.5k. Over a period of time for some reason my crit actually improved in the WB, while there was very little difference anywhere else!

There is no logical reason whatsoever for this, unless it is somehow BR related. My BR is high, yet I don't see why that should make a difference! The drop from 9k - 5.5k I feel should be noticeable, yet my damage does not appear to be less. Re my crit chance there was no noticeable difference that I could observe!
              Last edited by Howie1; 05-13-2014, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Howie1 View Post
                For a time I thought that reducing crit for my archer would be pointless! As an experiment I reduced my crit from just under 9k to 5.5k. Over a period of time for some reason my crit actually improved in WB and there was very little difference anywhere else! There is no logical reason whatsoever for this, unless it is somehow BR related. My BR is high, yet I don't see why that should make a difference! The drop from 9k - 5.5k I feel should be noticeable but damage does not appear to be less and re my crit chance there no noticeable difference that I can see!

dropped mine from 5005 to about 4500
                seen a difference in my crit rate by dropping it
                i crit more, however i dont wanna go too low, because there are archers on my server with less than 3k, and its rare if they do get a crit

Comment

WB crit rate is insane. Since I have 2k+ crit, my actual crit rate on WB is the same (I have 6.3k now).

What's more interesting. I did tests with my friend using LB only to check my crit rate with and without him wearing Enhanced Guardian Angel astral (lvl. 8 -40% chance of receiving crit).
                  I have 118k BR, friend has 115k.

Hits Crit Hits Crit rate
                  With GA 78 30 38%
                  Without GA 79 31 39%
                  Apparently, with such low crit rate, GA isn't very effective. It seems to be having that 40% chance to "block" crit in every hit. With low crit rate, my hits are less affected by GA, because most of the times when GA would work my hits weren't supposed to be crit anyways.

Also, my tests should include probably a way more hits, but I don't really have much time for this, now.

Comment

Originally posted by MageRockz View Post
                    i asked him if he had GA astral in his slot and only said to replace it with determination , to improve his crit attack procing , i wouldnt like to argue , educate me please if am missing something , i will appreciate it.

i damn well know that GA decreases the amount of crit hit received .
                    I know what you're trying to say, but determination isn't a proc astral, it's passive.

Comment

just did a world boss, without dc (new modem)

my crit rate has significantly improved

got first with no balens, which is a surprise

90% of my crits were hits

and they almost never failed in human form

sylph was the main problem with critting, but still dished out some big damage

Comment

I've ran with 6k+ crit and 4-5k crit, hardly any difference...

So settled for having crit in the 5k range until lv80 engraving/higher lvl gems (crit ones only lv6 for the most part) so not gonna bother trying to get 10k + crit or anything. Least this way get some more defense to go with all that offense.

Some days WB's a ***** maybe 2-3 attacks crit per round, worst ever. Other days 90% crit rate everything and its grandma crits. Fickle game wartune zero consistency. Aside from sucking whenever it wants... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
                          I've ran with 6k+ crit and 4-5k crit, hardly any difference...

So settled for having crit in the 5k range until lv80 engraving/higher lvl gems (crit ones only lv6 for the most part) so not gonna bother trying to get 10k + crit or anything. Least this way get some more defense to go with all that offense.

Some days WB's a ***** maybe 2-3 attacks crit per round, worst ever. Other days 90% crit rate everything and its grandma crits. Fickle game wartune zero consistency. Aside from sucking whenever it wants... lol

idk if there is a difference between archer and knight

i was gonna aim at 1k crit per level
                          3k at 30-39, 4k crit at 40-49, etc, but since dropping, i dont think im gonna need much more all up maybe 6k

and last night (before i did gems, timezone difference zz) i had absolutely horrible crit rate, and this was before i swapped my gems, so idk

maybe just luck on my part today, guess i will do some more testing

do some solo spire runs, with (x) crit value and count them all

Comment

yes hobo pls show us ur test result. i hope we can a little bit understand crit myth with this

Comment

Originally posted by SeaGjs View Post
                              yes hobo pls show us ur test result. i hope we can a little bit understand crit myth with this
                              hmm guess i need to download microsoft again, need excel for this kind of work

Comment

Can we get Athena to weigh in here? I know he's looked at this issue a lot, and I'm wondering this exact thing myself. I have nearly 9k crit when fighting wb, and just a general overall impression it seems to be around 60% or so. I miss crits often.

It just seems like with massive overwhelming crit that you should crit almost every time, but that's clearly not the case for me.
                                I am the Caveman.

s308 Fellspire

Comment

Working...
                                X