A BG camper discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A BG camper discussion

I couldn't help but notice that 10-20% of all threads in the suggestions forum is regarding bg, or the abuse that some people apply to the current rules in bg. So, I'd like to discuss a few popular options and even throw in my own two cents.

Separate by BR: Separating bg into groups based off of br is, in my opinion, bad business. r2g should NOT do matching based off of br because you want to reward players who are grinders & cashers for doing well. This especially holds true for cashers. Before bg was cross-server, the only people I avoided were the heavy cashers, since they would destroy me. Cause and effect.

Separate by Level They already do this. It used to be separated by 10 level tiers (ie: 30-39, 40-49, etc.). To solve some issues with people camping at the highest level of their tier, r2g introduced optional half-steps (ie: 35-44, 45-54, etc.). This made it so many campers, especially those at level 49, would have to deal with players whom have higher levels, tiered armor and holy seals. However, the camping still happens in a big way from time to time with this option. I have seen 50-60k br players in the 35-44 bg, avoiding levels like they're the plague.

Separate by Honor Ranking Sure, the players would even out in their honor ranking versus their battle ranking. However, the honor gains with this idea would be terrible all the way up. Commoners, wouldn't have to fight Crusaders. But, how interesting would it really be trying for High Commander? It would take much longer with 10-35 honor(not sure exactly) as your maximum honor gain per kill. Furthermore, gaining all the honor to get to Lord Divine, well, you may as well forget it.

Dryad's Blessing I, honestly, feel this is necessary. It can be very annoying when you lose tons of honor to some buffed up newblet. But it allows them to at least win some honor for their 30 mins of pain. I personally have no qualms with the Dryad's current system.

No honor recieved Perhaps if players received no honor for killing someone of a much lower honor ranking or for participating in a bg that doesn't allow for honor to be gained beyond a specific rank. This would force some players to move up to continue growth.

Separate by PVP points I like this one the best. It bugged me that in the PVP rankings a level 34 had continually obtained Road Warrior title while I was stuck struggling against mega-cashers. This would, based off of previous PVP point rankings, place a person in a bg where they had to struggle, cash, level, gear up or get better in some way to obtain that title. As opposed to just camping @ a specific level and farming newblets every day for fun. Trouble with it is that if players attempt to abuse it, they can have the title every other week. Plus side, they can't just derp to top 10 in pvp points by destroying 20k br players while they have 80k br. It would allow for a mix in honor growth & quite often high br players that normally get destroyed in pvp would gain honor in bulk from other players (or lose it in the same fashion).

Other ideas? Concerns? Comments? Add them below...
    Last edited by CaveNocte; 05-14-2014, 05:53 PM.

dont care only want the new honor ranks to come

Comment

real bombs (maybe the tank weapons) that can be deployed on campers by people in the spawn point that kill the offenders and give them a 2 minute respawn timer

also, make it so people without carts can't attack or be attacked
      Last edited by noob9841; 05-14-2014, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Can I just say dont understand all the complaints on BG. You know that if you level you will get thrown into a bigger BG. For example i know if I go to lvl 60 bg there will be people with 80 90 100 110k br. I can decide to level or i can decide to grow a bit before i advance to next bg. If i advance I know I will die, so personally i dont see a rush is needed. There are people with same br than you in most bgs, fight those people and try to avoid the stronger ones. Dryad is there if keep getting killed. you lose few points and honour if lose to someone with higher br than you, but gain tons by beating them so dryad bomb them for the honour you lost. If you cant dryad bomb someone after getting repeatedly beaten by them there is a problem with your avi and you should work to fix it. As you lvl the cashers will be more and will have advantage, it will always be like this. So either go slow and just enjoy it or die and get stronger till can beat them. Thats your options.

Comment

well thats why its called BG not CG (carting Ground) lol, ppl dominating is use brain & hard work,,,, and its PVP zone,,,, think about it
          Last edited by R237702978; 05-15-2014, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Never had any problem in BG while it lasted. Just made sure I'm stronger than 80% of the people there. If I wasn't, I left (you can check BR's of participants).
            My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

The idea has been made. Kill or get killed in battlegrounds. Get a good br for your level and put an end to your suffering in bg.

Comment

Originally posted by CaveNocte View Post
                I couldn't help but notice that 10-20% of all threads in the suggestions forum is regarding bg, or the abuse that some people apply to the current rules in bg. So, I'd like to discuss a few popular options and even throw in my own two cents.

Separate by BR: Separating bg into groups based off of br is, in my opinion, bad business. r2g should NOT do matching based off of br because you want to reward players who are grinders & cashers for doing well. This especially holds true for cashers. Before bg was cross-server, the only people I avoided were the heavy cashers, since they would destroy me. Cause and effect.

Separate by Level They already do this. It used to be separated by 10 level tiers (ie: 30-39, 40-49, etc.). To solve some issues with people camping at the highest level of their tier, r2g introduced optional half-steps (ie: 35-44, 45-54, etc.). This made it so many campers, especially those at level 49, would have to deal with players whom have higher levels, tiered armor and holy seals. However, the camping still happens in a big way from time to time with this option. I have seen 50-60k br players in the 35-44 bg, avoiding levels like they're the plague.

Separate by Honor Ranking Sure, the players would even out in their honor ranking versus their battle ranking. However, the honor gains with this idea would be terrible all the way up. Commoners, wouldn't have to fight Crusaders. But, how interesting would it really be trying for High Commander? It would take much longer with 10-35 honor(not sure exactly) as your maximum honor gain per kill. Furthermore, gaining all the honor to get to Lord Divine, well, you may as well forget it.

Dryad's Blessing I, honestly, feel this is necessary. It can be very annoying when you lose tons of honor to some buffed up newblet. But it allows them to at least win some honor for their 30 mins of pain. I personally have no qualms with the Dryad's current system.

No honor recieved Perhaps if players received no honor for killing someone of a much lower honor ranking or for participating in a bg that doesn't allow for honor to be gained beyond a specific rank. This would force some players to move up to continue growth.

Separate by PVP points I like this one the best. It bugged me that in the PVP rankings a level 34 had continually obtained Road Warrior title while I was stuck struggling against mega-cashers. This would, based off of previous PVP point rankings, place a person in a bg where they had to struggle, cash, level, gear up or get better in some way to obtain that title. As opposed to just camping @ a specific level and farming newblets every day for fun. Trouble with it is that if players attempt to abuse it, they can have the title every other week. Plus side, they can't just derp to top 10 in pvp points by destroying 20k br players while they have 80k br. It would allow for a mix in honor growth & quite often high br players that normally get destroyed in pvp would gain honor in bulk from other players (or lose it in the same fashion).

Other ideas? Concerns? Comments? Add them below...

pffff , what a joke ? now u want 80k br players to fight against lvl 30s because they get road warrior title easier than u , or u are destroyed in lvl in 40 bg coz the least br u meet is 50k br ,

well the only ppl i know that have 60k br at lvl 49 are ARCHE 58k br (almost there) , Decima 60k (if she remove GB and GA astral and equips br astrals) , isloon ( 70k br archer mega casher ) , Alfa 56k br archer , and many others i know that are 50k br , those i have named are the best i know of .

they worked for it and stayed in there , why are u jelous , does it bother u that they slow level , what a trashy talk u are , u really show that u suck . bg is fine the way it is ,nothing is wrong with it .

u sound like my old server mate , we camp , he discouraged us . we grew br , he trash talks on pm . we got road warrior title and spams everywhere talking nonsense . who told him not to camp . u know grow br , i dont know how ppl like u are not inspired by other ppl with high br at low lvl . they are so inspiring lol .

just work on your toon lol , i used to get killed in bg too but now am average but not really average for bg and i dont complain , JESUS ! get to work FFS

Comment

oops double post , delete this pls
                  Last edited by MageRockz; 05-15-2014, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R237702978 View Post
                    well thats why its called BG not CG (carting Ground) lol, ppl dominating is use brain & hard work,,,, and its PVP zone,,,, think about it
                    then why even bother putting carts there? let people murder each other

Comment

.bg u get 3 things honors pvp and shard..honors fr thos who want high medal..pvp points fr those who want title road warrior or just 1k pvp point to get warriors mark and shard fr those who want increase their br getting more gems..because campers hv to stop cata at some time so they can get gems too or socket rod ..use it on ur own way..and idiot pepole who cry of getting killed and campers..hw u expect anyone gets title grim reaper ..u have dryads blessing u can kill too using it and even u cant kill with 100% then no comments on it :P

Comment

Working...
                      X