Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Failed 19 times in a row to identify class A helm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed 19 times in a row to identify class A helm

I really wonder if the success percentage rate in clothing identification is a real one since I've tried to identified class A helm which success rate is 30% (that mean ... roughly 3 success from 10) and failed 19 times in a row now.

I have 9 helms identified now, and since the 9th identification, all my identifications on helm are failed. Really wonder, am I so unlucky so can get that bad rate, or identification has cap or the rate writen there are wrong ?

Got headache now ... ^^v
    'I'll win with attitude, and I'll lose in style.'

MARVEEN HENDRAWAN | marveen
    FORSAKEN First Guild Master
    KABAM-S38 | Mage | Lvl.80 | BR 300k+

Originally posted by mhendrawan View Post
    I really wonder if the success percentage rate in clothing identification is a real one since I've tried to identified class A helm which success rate is 30% (that mean ... roughly 3 success from 10) and failed 19 times in a row now.

I have 9 helms identified now, and since the 9th identification, all my identifications on helm are failed. Really wonder, am I so unlucky so can get that bad rate, or identification has cap or the rate writen there are wrong ?

Got headache now ... ^^v

U r saying the truth , even I am facing the same problem & have now stopped after trying it for 25 times. This is crazy & it sucks

Comment

I identified all my A equipment first attempt, then failed a lot of times to identify a stupid B armor. Now I have all but 1 A armor identified and I've failed 6-7 times I think to identify it (I just got it from failed synthesis). Maybe after I have all my astrals level 10 I'll try again lol.
      IGN: AncientEvil
      Server: EU-271+merged
      Class: Archer
      Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

Try failing 20+ times on an S rank, lol.

In any case the percentage isn't counted from all attempts.

Attempt 1 - 30%
        Attempt 2 - 30%
        etc

Every time you try you have 70% chance of failing, and while it does suck that's wartune for you. Luck is what you need.

Comment

doesn't matter what u try, my friend has archer all s equipment first try identify. spend 10 x trying on b ... lolz

same with myself, B stuff won't identify
          S stuff took a couple of tries....

All luck
          Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Oh ... I got friends then mwahahaha ...

Comment

People seem to think about this all wrong. 20% chance doesnt mean " Identify 5 times, and you will get a success." It means every time you try, you have an 80% chance of failing; i.e. you will fail almost always. It is only with large sample sizes (several hundred atleast) that you will start to see the pattern move towards 4 failures per 1 success. My first two S's took me exactly 10 times to get two successes. My next S took 16 tries for success. Its all in the fact that with these low percentages are basically telling you that you will fail almost always.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Mr View Post
                People seem to think about this all wrong. 20% chance doesnt mean " Identify 5 times, and you will get a success." It means every time you try, you have an 80% chance of failing; i.e. you will fail almost always. It is only with large sample sizes (several hundred atleast) that you will start to see the pattern move towards 4 failures per 1 success. My first two S's took me exactly 10 times to get two successes. My next S took 16 tries for success. Its all in the fact that with these low percentages are basically telling you that you will fail almost always.
                30% is something quite high enough i think ... it almost 1 of 3 ... and 20 times doing it in a row and all failed .... or like akdaga 25 times and all failed ... logicaly quite in doubt if it's really a 30% ^^v

Comment

Still though, you are thinking of it all wrong. You will fail far more often then you will succeed. Let me put it this way. 30% chance applies every single turn, it doesnt mean that as you do it more and more, you will have a higher chance of succeeding, solely because you failed the last 7 times. Its a 70% fail chance every single try. This is why you can easily fail far more times then the probability says. It is all luck. I identified 6 B wings in 9 tries, also dumped 15 tries into my first A weapon. Its all because the system is designed to make you fail nearlly every time, less that one lucky time.

And i will agree with you, 20-25 times to fail on a 30% chance is a bit outrageous, but I am just trying to explain how and why that happens

Comment

In other words, your pretty "lucky" to have failed that many times in terms of probability.

And where did u get that much gold btw?

Comment

Can I haz you guy's gold plz?

Comment

while it's true that each time you try to identify the A class item you have a 70% chance of failing each attempt, the odds of failing 19 times in a row are quite low. You'd calculate it as 0.70^19, which gives a result of 0.0011 (slightly better than 1 in 1000).

Comment

Originally posted by matyre View Post
                          In other words, your pretty "lucky" to have failed that many times in terms of probability.

And where did u get that much gold btw?
                          Saved tons of VIP tokens, a little alchemy and WB that gave me around 2.5 M per event, plus selling the luck stones like crazy.
                          And don't forget, u can save the WB bonus in your mail quite long if u didn't read it ... ^^v

Comment

I've given up now - far too much gold wasted and only a few items identified.

I understand the refining being made hit or miss, since fashion cores bring in balens to Kabam/R2 - but I fail to see the point of making the rate of success of identification so low?

I'm out until the identifying odds are improved, or until they make it 100% chance of success perhaps at a higher gold cost.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            FireAndIce
                            Mage
                            2.6m+ br.... it moves up daily!
                            Kabam S8
                            Legends
                            Moderate casher

Comment

LOL , that s uck identification just need lucky only.

Comment

Working...
                              X