Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Aspects of Slow Levelling?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspects of Slow Levelling?

During my time here on Wartune, I have encountered many players at lowish-levels (32 - 39) with incredible Battle Ratings. Some of them have been prone to stick at one level for a long period of time whereas others (mainly cashers) have managed to quickly level while keeping a good eye on their Battle Rating.Now, I am a non-casher. So, just a couple of questions to put my mind at ease...

1) Can one choose to camp at a certain level at any time during their 'Wartune life'? (For example, could I choose to camp at 49 if I thought my Battle Rating needed improving) Or should you consider that at an earlier stage. (Level 35 - 39. Somewhere within those levels).

2) How long would one have to camp at a certain level for, for their Battle Rating to have a significant boost?

3) What would be the main methods of actually increasing your Battle Rating while remaining at a certain level?

This subject interests me, because I can see that in most cases, slow-levelling and camping at a certain level really does help, compared to fast levelling, and getting yourself stuck in the 50's zone.
    "Like every great leader that ever lived, I shall create acts in order of remembrance to those that died fighting for their superiors."

Welcome to my Dominion. May the element of Life devour your needs, and the element of Death conclude your life gracefully and without pain.

1) You should always think about your future battle rating at lower levels. For example: At level 30, I wanted a base BR of 20-24k AT LEAST before levelling to level 40. I want every possible free mount that I can get before I level, including amethyst and TOK mount.
    Say you're at level 49, and you want to start camping because your BR is low, the journey won't be easy. You'll have to start gathering for level 50 gear as level 40 gear would have already flew over your head. You may be lucky and get your full level 50 gear by level 51 (ofc not legendary) unless you decided to camp at level 49 for an extremely long time and buy all legendary shards from shop.
    To slow level, I highly recommend starting 5-10 levels before the level you desire to camp at, to start gaining the items you will need.

2) This depends on the level of your character, and how well developed it is. A level 35 can gain 5-10k BR in a few weeks from levelling guild skills to max, getting some astrals sorted and levelling up gems from carting. A level 49 may be able to boost their br by 1-2k by carting, upgrading gear to legendary or upgrading gems.
    On the other hand, a level 49 may not have done a single guild skill, and therefore could gain a huge amount of BR by getting them to higher levels.

for an average camper, I'd say every week you should be getting 500-1k br. This number will lower every week due to you starting to max everything out.

3) Carting for gems, upgrading gems for more strength. at level 40+, waiting for a mount exchange event, then upgrading your mount. Level 35+, waiting for a soul engraving event, then engraving all souls you need (Preferably 100 at a time due to the new events).
    Upgrading astrals. There are very few that have all astrals level 9+, so upgrading astrals is a very good BR boost every level you hit.
    Identifying clothing is now an option, but unless you'r'e a casher it's hard to get them past 1*.

An good guideline for BR is your level.
    So for a level 40, I'd say anything from 38-42k BR is decent. 50k Is great. But also hard to achieve.

For a level 54, 70k BR is what you're aiming for. It sounds high, and it really is. It'll take you many months of camping at level 54 to achieve even a 65k BR. Boosting BR at those levels are insanely hard.
    At level 60, I see many 90k+ BR's. This is extremely hard, but with the access of Sylphs and Fate wheel it should get easier to improve BR. Plus your gold income from WB will be higher meaning your astrals will improve.

This is all I can really think of.
    Plus my main char is only level 39 atm.
    So don't take everything as correct, unless ginga says I'm right

Comment

Slow levelling is good because it allows you to camp at a certain level.

E.g. slow levelling at each and every 5 levels, from level 30 all the way to 60. You'll get a good BR. Then, camp at level 64 forever.

The result - Me: lvl 64 110k BR mage, purple sylph gaia 20k non-cash.

Comment

Originally posted by AntiApartheid View Post
        Slow levelling is good because it allows you to camp at a certain level.

E.g. slow levelling at each and every 5 levels, from level 30 all the way to 60. You'll get a good BR. Then, camp at level 64 forever.

The result - Me: lvl 64 110k BR mage, purple sylph gaia 20k non-cash.
        Every 5 levels?

That doesn't sound like a good idea.

I'd rather camp at level 44 and be the highest level and strongest in my highest bracket, than be a level 45 and be the lowest and weakest in my bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorWraith View Post
          1) Can one choose to camp at a certain level at any time during their 'Wartune life'? (For example, could I choose to camp at 49 if I thought my Battle Rating needed improving) Or should you consider that at an earlier stage. (Level 35 - 39. Somewhere within those levels).
          You can camp/slow level at any level.

That said it's difficult if you decide to slow level, from more normal leveling. As you have to learn to ignore all the XP treats and work around them. It gets easier the longer you do it. But going cold turkey slow leveler from playing more normally will be difficult.

2) How long would one have to camp at a certain level for, for their Battle Rating to have a significant boost?
          Depends: What do you count as a significant boost? 1K BR? 1% BR increase?

In my 40's I stayed on each level on average about 1 month. Over the period that I was 'forty something' in level: I gained ~23K BR. If you include my 50th level, from level 40 to 50, I gained ~35K BR.

If you hang around in your forties now: you have jewel hunt, which is a massive potential boost. Hanging around in your late 50's opens up Fate, which is also a significant boost.

Also remember that some of the biggest boosts in game don't come from BR affecting items. a level 8 or 40% EWD / Determination, increase your PvP / PvE effectiveness hugely: but don't affect your BR.

3) What would be the main methods of actually increasing your Battle Rating while remaining at a certain level?
          I cart in BG. I don't hunt honour. Just cart. Every BG shard gets you 1 honour. Not a lot for sure, but it adds up. While you get a trickle of honour, you're also gaining gems: 64% of the time you'll get a gem out of BG chest. As you earn these gems, your BR increases. You'll go from losing to winning in BG. Keep carting and as people bounce off you: the honour starts to become more than a trickle. Once you're able to hold your own in BG, do two cart runs to start, with a third run to honour farm. Once you get this sorted: 3v3 arena becomes easier, insignia start piling in and the next honour title and medallion make a big PvP effectiveness boost. Slow leveling is about doing everything you can in game, to increase your BR / PvP effectiveness, for as little XP as possible.

Obviously at lower levels and lower BR totals: the increase in BR is more noticeable than at a higher level. But collecting stuff up and being patient.

This subject interests me, because I can see that in most cases, slow-levelling and camping at a certain level really does help, compared to fast levelling, and getting yourself stuck in the 50's zone.
          Camping is a subjective subject. Many here oppose it.
          Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
          You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
          Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
          Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Camp till you get your Lord Divine rank, then camping doesn't worth it anymore, unless you want to dominate certain level bracket at cost of falling behind on your own server eventually.
            East coast archer.

Comment

im not doing slow leveling of any sort, and im still doing well. you need planning to built your toon. if you dont even have a good plan, slow levelling wont help you much.

slow leveling is just like staying in 6th grade when you are 17 years old. you are only bullying people younger(newer player) than you while others who started the same time with you already advanced in many aspect.

but the thing worse than slow levelling is rush levelling. i saw many people just keep collecting exp without building their toon properly and reached lvl 70 with 50k-ish BR and no talents.
              Last edited by Arlad; 05-18-2014, 11:19 AM.
              Originally posted by Wraithraiser
              Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                im not doing slow leveling of any sort, and im still doing well. you need planning to built your toon. if you dont even have a good plan, slow levelling wont help you much.

slow leveling is just like staying in 6th grade when you are 17 years old. you are only bullying people younger(newer player) than you while others who started the same time with you already advanced in many aspect.

but the thing worse than slow levelling is rush levelling. i saw many people just keep collecting exp without building their toon properly and reached lvl 60 with 50k-ish BR and no talents.
                non-cashers will get destroyed in the bg after they hit high levels, slow leveling or fast leveling. the 100k br cashers will always kill even the best 70k non cashers. you will have a good run early on, but get plastered on the bg after level 50 (unless you spend, spend, spend). you can still be top dog on your server, but you will never compete with the s1/s5 types

Comment

Originally posted by noob9841 View Post
                  non-cashers will get destroyed in the bg after they hit high levels, slow leveling or fast leveling. the 100k br cashers will always kill even the best 70k non cashers.
                  Thank you , captain obvious.

you will have a good run early on, but get plastered on the bg after level 50 (unless you spend, spend, spend).
                  not true. only people who cannot build their toon effectively will suffer those. if you cant build your toon, of course you will need cash to fix it.
                  as for honor level, i am and LD and i rarely battles in BG. i hit my HC at lvl 69, IC at 73, and finally LD at lvl 80. 95% of the honor gain was from guild battles. but it takes 3 and a half month for me from IC to LD.
                  you can still be top dog on your server, but you will never compete with the s1/s5 types
                  thank you again captain!.
                  Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

build all you want. that isn't the issue. you can build whatever you want, but without lots of cash, you won't have enough bricks. there is no such thing as a no cash 100k. it can't happen without a dozen mounts and leveled up casher clothes. 400 bound balens a month won't get you that, even if you play for years

Comment

1. first level i start by slow leveling would be 35 , having good soul engrave level , astrals , guild skills , getting 24k br , collecting free possible mount shards and good gems too for the next level

2. well u cant determine how long , but as for non casher u need to spend more time , to have good br but depends at the level of your toon . for example lvl 50 non casher will spend ore time trying to work on his toon than lvl 39 non casher , u get the point

3. as non casher the methods u can use to increase is :

-carting in battleground for gems ,

- doing daily devotion to 80 and trying to avoid exp as much as u can while completing daily devotion.

- somehow do guild blessing if u have maxed important guild skills . i got lucky any times in guild altar and got Bound balens and some gems and socket rods , i think its worth a shot

As many ppl are just looking at end game aspects , they outcomes of your choice wont go pretty unless u camp or u can compensate it with cash .

i think slow leveling is the best way to go for both cashers and non cashers and more over its the very fun

Comment

build all you want. that isn't the issue. you can build whatever you want, but without lots of cash, you won't have enough bricks. there is no such thing as a no cash 100k. it can't happen without a dozen mounts and leveled up casher clothes. 400 bound balens a month won't get you that, even if you play for years
                        oh really??
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	190514-00.09.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	1688067

non cashers arent supposed to beat cashers, yes. but if you said non casher cant make a good toon, then you're dead wrong. i saw plenty non-casher/ vip-only people better than me in bg.

Comment

non vip does not mean non-casher. you can buy 3000000 balens as a non vip if you want to, or more. people love to say they are non cashers, like it's some badge of honor, but it's their word only. if your br is more than 100k, you are a casher, there is no other way (or a cheater)

everyone says "carting for gems". how in the he11 do you cart for gems if you are getting killed by campers over and over? you people built up this mythology about "slow leveling" and it's complete b.s. it exists to justify your superior cashing skills, and nothing else. tell the new guys that there is a chance, then kill them repeatedly as they walk out of the spawn point

edit: a non-casher with 2 balens, that's funny. how do you get 2 balens? they sell in packs of 500. that requires CASH

point made
                          Last edited by noob9841; 05-18-2014, 12:29 PM.

Comment

non vip does not mean non-casher. you can buy 3000000 balens as a non vip if you want to, or more. people love to say they are non cashers, like it's some badge of honor, but it's their word only. if your br is more than 100k, you are a casher, there is no other way (or a cheater)
                            lol this guy.

just keep playing for 16 months without EVER spending any money, and you will see yourself having a higher BR than i am now. except if you are too stupid to build your toon lol.

Comment

why don't you want to admit you cash? do you think that it will somehow diminish your ability to kill non cashers? why are you so guilty about it? because it would mean admitting slow leveling is a sham and that your position requires no skill at all?

Comment

Working...
                              X