Short breaks are needed between 2nd arena, Battlegrounds & Redoga Drake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short breaks are needed between 2nd arena, Battlegrounds & Redoga Drake

As the thread title says, there need to be reasonable breaks between the 2nd arena, Battlegrounds and Redoga Drake.

I am on server 1, so I have used PDT times below for example.

As it is, the 2nd arena is at 7pm PDT, BG at 8PM PDT, and World Boss Redoga Drake at 9PM PDT.

However, many teams remain in Arena for the entire hour, which does not allow these players to enter Battlegrounds at the start of the announced 5 minute prep time. Then as soon as Battlegrounds ends, the last world boss of the day spawns about 5 minutes later.

Attending all three events in a row like this is extremely taxing. While I understand that the second arena was added so that those who work could participate when they get home, having Battlegrounds immediately after it is little ridiculous. Then add on another 20 minutes to fight the world boss... By the time a player has done all the events, they've practically been clicking their mouse and pressing keys on their keyboard for a good 2 1/2 hours in a row.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but no other server events are back to back to back like this. In all other cases there is at least an hour between those other server events.

So why does it make sense to stack these events and not others?

I propose 15-20 minute breaks between the events to allow the players' hands to rest and for them to possibly get up and stretch, get some food, answer nature's call, check on their crops, activate a new batch of potions, change their skill set for PvP/PvE, do a daily quest or two, etc.

This would leave the 2nd arena at 7pm PDT but start Battlegrounds at 8:15pm - 8:20pm PDT and the world boss at 9:30pm to 9:40pm PDT. These times do not interfere with any other server events, as the next event isn't until 2 1/2 hours after the end of world boss (Tree reset at Midnight).
    "Without love it cannot be seen."

Name: Ange
    Nickname: The Witch of Resurrection

No need, cant sit 2h at computer?

Comment

Originally posted by R22036928 View Post
      As the thread title says, there need to be reasonable breaks between the 2nd arena, Battlegrounds and Redoga Drake.

I am on server 1, so I have used PDT times below for example.

As it is, the 2nd arena is at 7pm PDT, BG at 8PM PDT, and World Boss Redoga Drake at 9PM PDT.

However, many teams remain in Arena for the entire hour, which does not allow these players to enter Battlegrounds at the start of the announced 5 minute prep time. Then as soon as Battlegrounds ends, the last world boss of the day spawns about 5 minutes later.

Attending all three events in a row like this is extremely taxing. While I understand that the second arena was added so that those who work could participate when they get home, having Battlegrounds immediately after it is little ridiculous. Then add on another 20 minutes to fight the world boss... By the time a player has done all the events, they've practically been clicking their mouse and pressing keys on their keyboard for a good 2 1/2 hours in a row.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but no other server events are back to back to back like this. In all other cases there is at least an hour between those other server events.

So why does it make sense to stack these events and not others?

I propose 15-20 minute breaks between the events to allow the players' hands to rest and for them to possibly get up and stretch, get some food, answer nature's call, check on their crops, activate a new batch of potions, change their skill set for PvP/PvE, do a daily quest or two, etc.

This would leave the 2nd arena at 7pm PDT but start Battlegrounds at 8:15pm - 8:20pm PDT and the world boss at 9:30pm to 9:40pm PDT. These times do not interfere with any other server events, as the next event isn't until 2 1/2 hours after the end of world boss (Tree reset at Midnight).
      Yeah i kinda agree with you even though i have not yet participated in 2nd arena,battlegrounds and redoga drake since its early morning in my place i think if i view it from others Point of view there should be some minutes breaks

Move the timing a little bit like 2nd Arena should start at 7:15 or 7:30 PM and battle grounds 8:20 or 80:40 thats a few mins break (more than enough to rest,drink,do other stuff blah blah blah) redoga drake should also begin after a few mins mm Please see to this dear Gms and any member of R2
      Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
      [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Originally posted by eraseurass View Post
        No need, cant sit 2h at computer?
        Actually, no, I can't. I have suppressed sciatica in my lower back, so I have to get up and stretch every 20 minutes or so to alleviate pressure on my spine.

A former member of my guild was complaining about his arm hurting after playing the game for long periods of time. This kind of extended repetitive motion leads to hand cramps and later carpal tunnel. It's why unions fight so hard to make sure that employees of large companies get short breaks between their work.

And sure you could argue that players should just take breaks if they need to, but if you've just gotten home from work and you're seeking full devotion + honor boost, you have to do all of these events in a row.
        Last edited by R22036928; 09-21-2012, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your support, Hyorinmaru6!

Comment

This should be considered, especially if medical problems apply, missing out on something because of a medical problem is frustrating and annoying. I support this idea completely
            So much in so little time, where do i begin?

Comment

You guys must be happy. Many cannot join that 3 events. Vote here: http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....or-GMT-servers
              Last edited by newzombie; 09-21-2012, 10:35 PM.
              IGN: newzombie
              server: Roaring Wetlands
              Guild: Việt.Nam

Pls vote here:

Comment

Originally posted by AngelsSins View Post
                This should be considered, especially if medical problems apply, missing out on something because of a medical problem is frustrating and annoying. I support this idea completely
                Thanks for your support! I do not think that people understand how dangerous repetition motion is, especially when done for over 2 hours in a row. Medical issues are serious too, yes.

Originally posted by newzombie View Post
                You guys must be happy. Many cannot join that 3 events. Vote here: http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....or-GMT-servers
                The point of this thread is that I am not happy because the events are stacked one after another, and there is little to no break between them. Please read the whole post. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by R22036928 View Post
                  Thanks for your support! I do not think that people understand how dangerous repetition motion is, especially when done for over 2 hours in a row. Medical issues are serious too, yes.

The point of this thread is that I am not happy because the events are stacked one after another, and there is little to no break between them. Please read the whole post. Thanks.
                  I know it truely but you must know that many people cannot join as you do.
                  IGN: newzombie
                  server: Roaring Wetlands
                  Guild: Việt.Nam

Pls vote here:

Comment

personally i would like a 10 min brak at least... ya know fresh coffee and a smoke
                    Cambrooke

S103
                    Guild: Beast
                    Class Mage
                    Might Rank #2
                    VIP 8

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic2 View Post
                      personally i would like a 10 min brak at least... ya know fresh coffee and a smoke
                      i for one don't think it shouldn't be longer than 7 mins
                      why?
                      impatient player whining mmm
                      Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
                      [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic2 View Post
                        10 minutes is fair too I think. Thanks for input.

Comment

Working...
                        X