Arena Matching Mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arena Matching Mod

Current arena Matching doesn't actually work.

myself and 2 guildies (51, 50 and 52) got matched against 3x 58's with aura's all 3 of which were hitting for 30k....on what planet is that matched...the only time myself or my guild mates would hit that is a damn good crit and some serious luck.

At the moment lower br's are grouping with higher lvl's to get their wins...making it near impossible for actual fair fights....... but it's simple dev's are fixing the harmful "black spots" for the World bosses, because it's effecting someones game play (which is complete **)....

3x (early 50's) knights with 29k br matched against 3x (late 50's) with aura's and more than likely 41k+ br

Maybe I'm old and the math's I was taught was wrong....then again I'm a programmer myself, so I doubt it....Dev's it's time to start working on this and stop trying to fix the "black spots" issue

my team is 76+ and we still meet lvl 35 teams :P

Comment

Originally posted by tjdub83 View Post
      Current arena Matching doesn't actually work.

myself and 2 guildies (51, 50 and 52) got matched against 3x 58's with aura's all 3 of which were hitting for 30k....on what planet is that matched...the only time myself or my guild mates would hit that is a damn good crit and some serious luck.

At the moment lower br's are grouping with higher lvl's to get their wins...making it near impossible for actual fair fights....... but it's simple dev's are fixing the harmful "black spots" for the World bosses, because it's effecting someones game play (which is complete **)....

3x (early 50's) knights with 29k br matched against 3x (late 50's) with aura's and more than likely 41k+ br

Maybe I'm old and the math's I was taught was wrong....then again I'm a programmer myself, so I doubt it....Dev's it's time to start working on this and stop trying to fix the "black spots" issue
      lv 50 29k br and complains losing to some lv 58......

Comment

BR matching your level soon?

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
        Might need to tell him clearly lvl 50 with 29K BR is really low...could be wise to advise him to get his BR up before leveling as well otherwise imagine the thread he will open once he reaches lvl 60...

Comment

Haha my exact thoughts also, but I guess they will always blame something just to cover up their own faults like bad arena/bg matching, cashing player, camping player etc. etc.
          Wartune = Sylph Tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Holyblaze View Post
            Might need to tell him clearly lvl 50 with 29K BR is really low...could be wise to advise him to get his BR up before leveling as well otherwise imagine the thread he will open once he reaches lvl 60...
            it's not like his br is relevant. if he had 35k he'd still get creamed by the same guys

Comment

Does anyone not understand 'chance' anymore?
              It would be a problem if you faced them maybe 6+ times in a row. But just facing them 2-3 times, is chance.
              At level 50 with 29k br, that is low. I am sure if the people you faced were lvl 58 with aura,s they had more than 50-60k+ br.
              Though Br is irrevelant a bit.
              Baby we'll be dancing in the dark♥
              Dancing in the Fiery Hell from the start♥

Comment

Well i was thinking something alike, would be great the match is done by team BR and not lvl, in arena and BG... that would erase the campers, for new server players campers are a real NM, would be greate to see who build the best same amount of BR for example me with 60k BR with another same 60k BR, will win the best 60k BR builder and best skill timing players.

How could a 2 month lvl 40 players could beat a 6month lvl40 camper? Spending? How much? And if he is non casher? Yep he is f*****.

Yet this would show some others prblems like the lvl50 30k BR easily could beat a lvl40 30k BR cuz the Sylph, skill grow and so on. Could be better a mix of team lvl - team BR.
                Last edited by Linkoneusc; 05-22-2014, 08:06 PM. Reason: adding new point of view
                R2-S426 Redwicky (merged)
                Archer Linkoneusc
                Legion Guild

1+1=3

Comment

Originally posted by Linkoneusc View Post
                  How could a 2 month lvl 40 players could beat a 6month lvl40 camper? Spending? How much? And if he is non casher? Yep he is f*****.
                  That what R2 want they open new server every week because they want milk money from the ppl refesh every days/week/moths,and about non casher like R2 give a **** about them lol

Comment

I have to agree, sometimes the matching system in the arena is messed up. I do Arenas with 80 players, but most of the time, I get matched with people 30+.

Comment

Originally posted by Holyblaze View Post
                      Im Well aware that my BR is very low for my level, but as I don't actually have the time to play as much as some people who like to give their 1/2 cent for the sake of it without actually thinking about what other people have to do to actually make money. IE I have a job that takes me away from my personal system to you know pay rent, pay bills etc I dont have the luxury of that of the above muppets to "slag" me off cos I
                      get slightly infuriated at a programmers laziness to simply add a few lines of code that tells the matching system that if x has a br > (greater to, if you dont understand the symbol) or = y match them to z with = variables or something to that accord....

Originally posted by MaccteN001 View Post
                      Haha my exact thoughts also, but I guess they will always blame something just to cover up their own faults like bad arena/bg matching, cashing player, camping player etc. etc.
                      You sound like one of these people that has spent X amount making his toon the best with the highest BR...congrats but I really dont give a toss....if you can be lvl 50 and beat a lvl 60 with aura's I'll eat my hat.....BUT if you can't (and I know you won't) Why are you giving me such stick about complaining about some extra code that needs to be added to the matching system...or is that how you get off? By telling me and others that my char sucks and that I need to blame my char's low br, stats etc on circumstance.....

As for chance...sure. Its normality....however out of 15 matches we met them 10 times, 6 in row.......**** happens...however! Adding the damn code would with a little bit more programming imagination would probably fix this...as it would match BR's & lvl's with those that are > &/ =

Originally posted by Linkoneusc View Post
                      Well i was thinking something alike, would be great the match is done by team BR and not lvl, in arena and BG... that would erase the campers, for new server players campers are a real NM, would be greate to see who build the best same amount of BR for example me with 60k BR with another same 60k BR, will win the best 60k BR builder and best skill timing players.

Couldnt put it better...but I'll try
                      All we can do is hope that it makes it's way into the Patch notes

.....although...those who don't want something like this added don't like a challenge as the toons with low br's / lvl's etc going against their higher lvl's etc can purely hit them with auto attacks and lol about it with their mates...imaginary mates...pixilated mates whatever they are called.....

personally I perfer a challenge...but that's what seperates men from children....
                      Last edited by tjdub83; 05-23-2014, 04:58 PM.

Comment

I have a few notes on that...

1) my mage is pretty strong for her level and i didn't even spent much on her... the once in a while 500 balen recharge event where the rewards look decent can't be spending too much... and she still has 94k br with a lot of patience on lvl64... it's called slow leveling... and this toon is actually already 9 months old... so no one can tell me that I need to spent a lot of money to gain an advantage in BR (CW will be fun again beating all those lvl70's xD) and I don't even invest much time in her. Some days i just don't do anything on her...

2) The arena match up got all crazy now because they reduced the attempts form 30 to 15 but they did not change the coding. When u get matched below 15s the team u meet is roughly ur lvl. When u wait for longer than 15s then it gets more likly that u get matched with stronger/weaker players cause the code then starts random matching u. It i a neccessary evil, so to say. if the code were to match u only with ppl ur lvl and there is no team free in ur lvl area, then u could end up waiting for 1-2min and even then u could get constantly matched with the same team that beats ur ***. Then we would be back at "need even br match and even lvl matching in arena" subject and that just isn't possible. Arena is far from perfect but i rather take my 150 insignias and 0 PvP points (which never happens to me) in 20min then play arena for 40min+ and get more.
                        server: Kabam s30
                        IGN: Leighton
                        Class: Archer
                        Level: 80

Comment

Originally posted by tjdub83 View Post
                          get slightly infuriated at a programmers laziness to simply add a few lines of code that tells the matching system that if x has a br > (greater to, if you dont understand the symbol) or = y match them to z with = variables or something to that accord....

Why are you giving me such stick about complaining about some extra code that needs to be added to the matching system...or is that how you get off? By telling me and others that my char sucks and that I need to blame my char's low br, stats etc on circumstance.....

As for chance...sure. Its normality....however out of 15 matches we met them 10 times, 6 in row.......**** happens...however! Adding the damn code would with a little bit more programming imagination would probably fix this...as it would match BR's & lvl's with those that are > &/ =
                          1. Have you EVER been working as a computer programmer? Do you realise that programmers have nothing to do with that? It's all about the analysts and people from business depts. A programmer can not make such decisions himself.
                          2. You assume that arena matching works like it is because someone coded that wrong. Have you ever imagined that that matching system works exactly as it was meant to be?

Sometimes, I meet with my team 5-10 times 160-180k guys as well, but it just happens. It's our/their luck that no one else is now available within our BR/level range.
                          Last edited by Caballero1321; 05-26-2014, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leighton87 View Post
                            2) The arena match up got all crazy now because they reduced the attempts form 30 to 15 but they did not change the coding. When u get matched below 15s the team u meet is roughly ur lvl. When u wait for longer than 15s then it gets more likly that u get matched with stronger/weaker players cause the code then starts random matching u. It i a neccessary evil, so to say. if the code were to match u only with ppl ur lvl and there is no team free in ur lvl area, then u could end up waiting for 1-2min and even then u could get constantly matched with the same team that beats ur ***. Then we would be back at "need even br match and even lvl matching in arena" subject and that just isn't possible. Arena is far from perfect but i rather take my 150 insignias and 0 PvP points (which never happens to me) in 20min then play arena for 40min+ and get more.
                            Finally! someone speak my language.
                            Just dont think One-sided that you're the only one looking for a Match, everyone is looking for a pair. (you got Matched or someone Matched you). it is just a matter of who is available based on your Matching time, coz i believe there's a looping code in there. like once you passed a team that just got finish battling by a seconds, you cant go back to search and match him/her, the search will move on. while at it, it creates opportunity to get match by others. and because they reduced the attmpts to 15 that you can finish in 20-30mins while you have 2hrs to burn the entire arena event, the player pool or the players who are playing arena will minimize as time goes on. so probbly you'll have a inevitable mismatch. so i hope it ends it here.
                            I Quit, if you wanna ask regarding to any of my thread or post, i wont answer you.
                            and do me a favor, downgrade my reputation. Im done.

Comment

Working...
                            X