Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avatar Magic attack increase Sylph damage ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avatar Magic attack increase Sylph damage ?

Hello,

i would like know if i increase my magic attack its increase Sylph damage ?

I'm Archer and i use Gaia sylph.

Thank you

Last I saw, yes.

It's why I always use a level 3 strength and lv.3 intellect potion when doing WB.

Tho I haven't tested it out much... but someone from a few weeks before did research and posted it up (too lazy to go find it)

Comment

No it does not.

I tested with apollo and gaia. I am a knight. For archers and knights, the sylphs use your patk to calculate damage, not matk.
      I am the Caveman.

s308 Fellspire

Comment

well than... I'll have to find time to test it out more.

cause I originally too goes by in-game description of "strongest/highest character attack + sylph attack"

but someone later posted up Math of them doing more when using both STR and INT potions.

Comment

Scrolls work, pots do not...as I've always read.
          Lvl 80 Crit Mage, 298K BR, Aegis ***** G.M. Hells-Gate

Comment

well...it basically depends on how you increase your matk. If you're talking about increase the player matk via mount stats, gear stats, gems, astrals, academy then no. Increasing matk via those ways doesn't affect your sylph dmg since it's based on your highest atk stats which is usually patk for archers (haven't met any noob that pumped matk and equipped matk gems on their archer so far...).

If you're talking about temporary boost in matk via pots and scrolls then they do affect your sylph dmg since it boosts the matk stats on your sylph when you are in awakened form.
            IGN: Athena
            Guild: Warriors
            Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
            Class: Archer
            Difficulty Level: Noob
            BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

When you awaken your highest attack value is added to sylph's highest attack value.

Let's say you're an archer:
              35k PATK
              6k MATK

Gaia:
              7k MATK

Your attack when you awaken is 35k (because it's higher than your MATK, which is 6k) + 7k = 42k.

[EDIT]:
              Firstly I gave Gaia 6k MATK in the example, but then I realised it might be ambiguous (since I set 6k PATK for archer, as well) and changed it to 7k. Forgot to change the result
              Last edited by Caballero1321; 05-23-2014, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Caballero1321 View Post
                When you awaken your highest attack value is added to sylph's highest attack value.

35k PATK
                6k MATK

Gaia:
                7k MATK

Your attack when you awaken is 35k (because it's higher than your MATK, which is 6k) + 7k = 41k.
                42k, lol at the people on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by caballero1321 View Post
                  when you awaken your highest attack value is added to sylph's highest attack value.

35k patk
                  6k matk

gaia:
                  7k matk

your attack when you awaken is 35k (because it's higher than your matk, which is 6k) + 7k = 41k.
                  trololol 41 ? Omg
                  " You shall not pass !! " - Gandalf

"The Lich King has given me true power." - Death knight

Comment

Originally posted by winlord View Post
                    42k, lol at the people on this forum.
                    Originally posted by FaeLRoX View Post
                    trololol 41 ? Omg
                    Firstly I gave Gaia 6k MATK in the example, but then I realised it might be ambiguous (since I set 6k PATK for archer, as well) and changed it to 7k. Forgot to change the result

Comment

yes INCREASE your matk for archers and knight and for mage increase patk . only if you use the opposite attack type sylph.
                      like gaia, apollo ,iris for knights and archer increase matak , same for patk for mages. Hope it helps

For my pet troll in forums, No Quotes. plz i know you are a noob genius and i don't visit the posts again and again !
                      I'm Cupcaked ! My Account got hacked and some cupcaker sold every thing. Blah !!!
                      and R2 Not helping with restoring the account. Sweet, This is what i put tons of money here .

Comment

this is wrong. tested with knight and iris. matk scroll + matk pot had no effect on sylph's damage. patk scroll or pot increased sylph's damage.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbacmon View Post
                          yes INCREASE your matk for archers and knight and for mage increase patk . only if you use the opposite attack type sylph.
                          like gaia, apollo ,iris for knights and archer increase matak , same for patk for mages. Hope it helps

For my pet troll in forums, No Quotes. plz i know you are a noob genius and i don't visit the posts again and again !
                          "Sylph attacks are added to the character's most powerful attack." - the translation may be a bit misleading, but what it appears to mean, is the fact which I explained earlier. When you awaken, your higher atk stat is took into account. Increasing matk for archer/knight or patk for mage won't change anything, unless you reach more matk than your patk in archer's/knight's case or more patk than matk in mage's case.

Comment

Working...
                          X