noob questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noob questions

hi, im a level 39 mage who just started playing and currently have the full soulmasters set. When I get to level 40, should I go for the bender legendary set, or the dakan masters 45 set from arena shop? also I know the PvP set costs insignias which I have enough, but how long does it take to get all 4 bender set equipments and legendary?

oh yeah and I have 15k battle rating at level 39. is that too low?

15K isnt low and go for the level 40,50,60 gear, they may take longer to make and fully enchant, but in the long run that rage they give will serve you alot better. Especially if you are a healing mage. To make time shorter alternate the rings and jewels. For example, get level 40 legendary jewels and level 50 legendary rings, then level 60 jewels then level 70 rings, etc.

Comment

Personally, due to the honor cap by level; I would grab the 45 gear and use your keys/time on the 50 legend gear. Then stick in the 50's for a while, work on your BR, talents and honor. It will give you some time to focus on building up your character and planning which direction you'd like to go next.

Comment

You will get 20 different viewpoints on this one.

It all depends on what you want to do in the game and if you want to pay.

Personally, I did the 45 pvp set from arena. You can go slow and get that gear for 0 exp on your guy. Going for the legendary will cost you a lot of experience points you might otherwise want to avoid, plus insignia, crypt tokens, etc.
        The 45 gear easily got me through the 40-50 zone and is pretty comparable to the 40.

First I would come up with a plan if you want to play for free, slow level, have a healing mage, etc....then people here can best recommend what gear would suit you best.
        Lvl 80 Crit Mage, 298K BR, Aegis ***** G.M. Hells-Gate

Comment

I like PvP events a lot. so far I love the minus 1000 mdef on soulmasters. its just that the top mages seem to all pick the bender set in my server

Comment

if you can get 40 set, go for it. you can survive with pvp lvl 45 set, but lvl 50 onward the pve set always better.
            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
            Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Noob67 View Post
              I like PvP events a lot. so far I love the minus 1000 mdef on soulmasters. its just that the top mages seem to all pick the bender set in my server
              Do they all have clothing level 3 as well? In the first week?

Comment

Originally posted by CrizzyB View Post
                Do they all have clothing level 3 as well? In the first week?
                they have the glittery set(the sparkly blue one from carnation event that I wanted)

Comment

Originally posted by Noob67 View Post
                  they have the glittery set(the sparkly blue one from carnation event that I wanted)
                  And hats, robes, and staffs then. They are cashers, they use clothing for starting rage points.

In a lot of ways it comes down to this (feel free to object)...if you want the pve gear, you're gonna need to chuck some cash to get the basic clothes at least. Then you can upgrade for free if you work at it.
                  If you don't want to spend cash, take the pvp gear for the initial rage it gives you.

Comment

ok thanks. so my best option is just get PvP until Inreach level 50

Comment

Get the forty set and save your insignia for the crusader mount...then get 50 set..you wont regret it.

Comment

And for oppinion number 48..ish?

Alot of good advice here, I personally would go for the 4o set, and do every bg I can til 50.

IMO the game really starts at 50 when you get sylphs so, I didnt bother with the slow lvl approach much til then.

Comment

Working...
                        X