No announcement yet.

2nd Battle Ground for GMT servers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dont we have enough problems with people afking for 1 hour of bg? you want to give them 2 hours a day to afk in......No thanks even if rewards were cut there's no way to punish these people currently.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxykotton View Post
      WHy dont you people understand that if they make a 2nd BG time it will be just like arena. Half the rewards. So many ppl quit going to arena due to this nerf. Same thing with happen to BG. Until they make it so you can only do one of them at a time no to this suggustion. I am sorry if I sound selfish but this game is getting boring and it be really boring and dumb if all the best prizes are nerfed to hell.
      Not of 100% truth of which i should say...

I know of more people who quits arena because they're simply getting thrashed badly by the groups from Top 10-20 players. Speak about random match-ups guys, but there will always be 4-5 groups that the majority of the population (95%) has no chance against. The only group who can actually put up a real fight are those who belongs to the same groups of people. Given such situations, the general norms have around 5 fights per say that they will always automatically lose against. (and they're the most efficient and fastest per fight basis), their so-called base win rate will begin at 50% and which will only drop further subjected to other groups' who had similar BR to them. In the end, consider all factors... most casual players' win rate is approximately 20% or lesser... tell me, whose confidence in arena wouldnt be crashed under such situation?

If it is indeed a random matchup of teammates, things might change.

On another hand, we compare battleground. There's mainly 2 roles to contribute to the team. One is to be a Pker, another is Miner. For a Top 10 player, u can choose to either pk actively or mine actively or do both. For casual players, u may lack the necessary equipments/levels etc to PK, but u still can contribute as a miner. AND, the most important to being a miner is advantageous to a casual player is the factor of randomness. The amount of points u obtained is purely random (10 - 30) and is not affected by equips/potion. You might be 10 levels lower or 5k BR rating lesser to the Top 10, but if u always transports 30 pts mine, u're still doing well. And also, till date wartune has no hidden stealth or teleporting skills within the battleground, so u can effectively 'ninja-in and out' (by being alert and streetwise of whom u should avoid) of the minefield avoiding fights and still farming efficiently. Thus, for casual player, they actually had a role to play in BG, rather than being a loser in Arena.

As for the AFKing problem, even if they change the battleground win reward to 200 insignia and loss reward to 20 insignia, there'll still be people who will afk. Simply because, sloth/laziness are always present in human >.<

p.s. my 2 cents worth of comment. no offense intended =)

Comment

most of my guild quit arena for one simple fact. Why would we do something for 2 hours to get the same reward we used to do in 1 hour. Thanks to that a lot of people stopped doing arena. So, the buffer that used to fight the top dogs is less than what it was before. Once again I repeat. Why spend 120 minutes for something that used to be 60.... Keep it one bg if those people want to quit let them. If they were going to quit they would of done so already.

Comment

"Why bother to eat when you've to release them as wastes later?"

"Why bother to drink when you're to release them as urine later?"

Talk about the scarcity of "Resource" - Insignia.

Most players by lv35 already possess at least 2-3 pieces of lv35 set simply by doing just 1 daily arena. If not, a full set for hardcores. Now we take lv30 pve set as comparison, by lv35 (Given 5x runs of GY/BL daily) most people at most have 1 piece ready; or for the unlucky ones, none. This has made it so that most people nowadays simply skip lv30 pve for lv35 pvp set. In fact, the lv30 set is no longer a valid route due it's difficulty in obtaining full set. Same thing applies for the lv45 pvp set. Even casual players (i.e. me who only plays 1 arena each day) manage to farm sufficient insignias to purchase full lv45 set with just 1 arena each day, just lacking the necessary honor to actually purchase them. Lv40 set, literally joke.

IMO, it's rather immature to have the mindset of "im now spending 2h to get something which can be done in 1h previously" - The end results is still the same, you're farming insignia for pvp sets and they're still easily obtainable even with less insignia per each Arena/BG round, but the overall gain is still the same. People may quit arena claiming that "oh, rewards is lesser in arena now, lets only attend BG" simply because laziness is part of human nature and we will always go for the easy way out - BG (2x win is 160, 1x win 1x lose is 110, u can even quit if your team is losing) Why bother with arena? (Even the strongest teams, avg around 120~150, the slightly weaker top 10-20s will be probably 90~110, and the rest 70-80 or lesser)

TBH, BG is way more interesting than arena. (As explained previously) For the Pros, they're just mindlessly slaughtering the noobs. For the noobs they're just getting randomly thrashed =.=""

The so-called current top-tier (the-best-out-there) equipment is so easily obtainable yet people complains that they need to spend a meager of 1h more of their time to farm. comeon, take a look at your Top 30, if not top 50 players, i believe all of them are equipping the same set of equipments. The only real diff between them is just "who is more gem-ed than another". If they release 2nd BG timing + halves reward, it will balance the game, slowing down the hardcorers' and allowing the casuals / players from other timezone to catch up. This will actually make the game more competitive.

<2 cents worth> no offense intended to anyone =)
          Last edited by Siaox; 10-07-2012, 04:41 PM.

Comment

with everyone getting stronger , i think there should be a 1% damage cap , the higher lvl are hogging the world boss

Comment

I find it comical that you ascertain immaturity from that rather than being efficient. Work smarter not harder. A very common principal that has nothing to do with ones ability to comprehend that which is "maturity" If you give a man 12 dollars for an hour of work.... Then a few weeks later tell that same man he will now get 12 dollars for every two hours of work how would that man feel? The end result is not the same. You waste more resources and time to accomplish the same quota (if you choose to) I personally will stick to 5 arenas a day for quest/devotion.

I seriously don't hope to see them dilute battle grounds because some people half way around the world cant play an event for a North America/South America time zone based game... Now onto your next point... Balance. HA! There will never be balance here. Reason one. We already got people with 7k honor. Someone who manages to even start doing battlegrounds next week is still going to come nowhere near that 7k+ honor bracket. The power vacuum is large my friend. Reason Two. This game was not meant to have balance. There are the haves and the have nots. You won't slow down the hardcores. Some of these people have a secondary person playing them (will remain nameless) In fact you will only make a bigger gap in between some of these people.

Your arguments are valid, but there are plenty of holes in them and consequences that you are either blinded by or unaware of. Now I can agree that if r2 makes more servers or wants to install a second time on later servers that is perfectly fine. I am advocating for S1. Which lets face it won't be fixed by any amount of "balancing" you throw at it.

Comment

I think we should not argue here because no GM here listen you. The only thing they think now is how many servers will open next week, next month. There will be no more services from old server, no more changes to improve gameplay. Just only thing is how much money they will get when open a new server. lol
                IGN: newzombie
                server: Roaring Wetlands
                Guild: Việt.Nam

Pls vote here:

Comment

its all about money period. u want to get stronger, load up buy balens. thats the truth. nothing more. soon people will leave and get tired of this.

Comment

just make it 2round arena with just 1 attemp and still with NORMAL reward.. BG too.. im sure its fair..

Comment

yep also vote for this

Comment

Too many votes but no response
                        IGN: newzombie
                        server: Roaring Wetlands
                        Guild: Việt.Nam

Pls vote here:

Comment

I would like to see a BG event in the morning too. there is really nothing to do at times i play. perhaps a BG at 10:00 or 11:00?
                          I am level 38 but have never played a battleground because of the time zone. Other server times are even more unfortunate for me.
                          The European server is the server i play on from 6:00 till 16:00 server time (because of work) but not a single battleground event falls in this time.
                          I think it gives me a huge disadvantage not being able to get to rank private or higher for my feature gear.

Comment

Alot of player quit game for BG time i think u can be in any part of world but all us have commitmens work school family and other so it's unfair do arena BG and 1 world boss all consecutive in 1 time its only a big advantage for some player.
                            Need a solution G.M. im sure u can find.
                            If u cant do each player can do only 1 attemp split event but dont split rewards split event and its duration.
                            Arcocieco-Server 2 Edena Village-

Comment

vote 2

Harmbringer
                              44 Mage
                              [S4] Bretheran Abyss

Comment

In my opinion on all servers they need to have 2 battle grounds and 2 arenas per day, 1 arena in morning followed by one battle ground then 1 arena in the evening followed by one 1 battle ground. That way the people that get on in the morning time only can get both an arena and battle ground. But i don't agree with forcing a player to only being able to do one arena and one battle ground a day.

Comment

Working...
                                X