Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mage question: Do Guardian Angel effect Crit heals?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guardian Angel lvl. 8 -40% chance of receiving critical.

With every attack, you have 40% chance of not receiving critical.
    Let's say, your enemy has 50% crit rate.
    Then, HE has 50% chance that his attack will be crit.
    YOU have 40% chance of not receiving this critical dmg, when it happens. Useless, when your enemy's crit won't happen.

Thus, when your enemy has low crit rate, Guardian Angel is ineffective.

This is the conclusion of my few tests made. So it seems to be multiplicative, but those 2 events are not related in any way. Will evaluate this further with a little help of someone who has relatively high crit rate (~10k that is).
    Last edited by Caballero1321; 05-29-2014, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JBirdie View Post
      Would you be so kind as to enlighten us, then?
      I think I skimmed through your posts quite fast, nonetheless this is how it works:

If you fight someone with a, for example GA 8. He gets a 40% chance NOT to get critted. Completely indepedent chance, from the chance you have to actually crit.

What this actually mean? Mathematically point of view, we have 2 independed event, therefore if you have a chance to crit 50% and he has GA 8 (40% chance not to get critted) it means that he has a chance to not get critted 1-(0.5*0.4)= 0.8, 80%. If yiou have a chance to crit 1 (infinite crit), then the chance not to get critted its, 1-(1*0.4%) -> 40%. All this under the assumptions that the 2 can't happen at the same time (non-crit and GA proc), which is very likely given this game coding (and through tests we did), and in such case what caballero said comes in.
      Last edited by HELLRAlSER; 05-29-2014, 05:22 AM.

Comment

The effective crit rate is, however, lowered multiplicatively. Take your pedantry elsewhere.

Comment

Ok, so just to prove a point...

I'm L80. I have 6600 Crit. I have L8 GA (-40%). Over the past 2 days I've done mine fights 400 times. 200 with GA on, 200 with it off. I took off troops and lead with Resto or Rage/BL

With GA on, I Crit-Resto myself 0 times (0%).
          With GA on, I Crit-BL myself 0 times (0%).

With GA off, I Crit-Resto myself 34 times (34%).
          With GA off, I Crit-BL myself 26 times (26%).

So GA most definitely does NOT affect Crits after the fact (removing successful Crits) and affects the base calculation itself. I don't see why anyone should think otherwise, based upon the working. It's not a % chance to negate a crit, it's a % reduction to the chance of receiving the crit. So not only is it worded as such, but the testing has proven it so.

Though I find it interesting that BL seems to have an innately lower rate of Crit than Resto. I may need to test that out a little more.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
            Ok, so just to prove a point...

I'm L80. I have 6600 Crit. I have L8 GA (-40%). Over the past 2 days I've done mine fights 400 times. 200 with GA on, 200 with it off. I took off troops and lead with Resto or Rage/BL

With GA on, I Crit-Resto myself 0 times (0%).
            With GA on, I Crit-BL myself 0 times (0%).

With GA off, I Crit-Resto myself 34 times (34%).
            With GA off, I Crit-BL myself 26 times (26%).

So GA most definitely does NOT affect Crits after the fact (removing successful Crits) and affects the base calculation itself. I don't see why anyone should think otherwise, based upon the working. It's not a % chance to negate a crit, it's a % reduction to the chance of receiving the crit. So not only is it worded as such, but the testing has proven it so.

Though I find it interesting that BL seems to have an innately lower rate of Crit than Resto. I may need to test that out a little more.
            Good testing Zorich, cientific method working at his best. I did my testing 6 months ago and the results were similar. GA does reduce drasticaly your chances of receiving critical heal and that was the question here from the begining.

JBird
            Boas Tetas, S60 Leaves Fort
            Mage lvl.80 ~8M BR, 5xCW Sorceror EU zone
            One Swallow doensn't make a summer but a Bird crafts a victory

Comment

This made the situation clear about crit heals.

Still, the crit hits situation is blurry.
              No matter if my enemy had GA lvl. 8 or not, my crit rate was ~38% (having 6.3k crit, I did 103/101 hits with LB on my enemy wearing/not wearing GA).

Comment

thx zorich for your testing. and sorry for questioning its just odd because it seems to be different from how GA works for attacks

@hellraiser
                if you have a chance to crit 50% and he has GA 8 (40% chance not to get critted) it means that he has a chance to not get critted 1-(0.5*0.4)= 0.8, 80%
                so when i attack there is a 50% chance that i wont crit before even taking the enemy's GA into account (whether it can work on non crits or not doesnt matter). if i would normally crit (the other 50%) , then there is a 40% chance that his GA will prevent the crit. is that what you said? so the chance that he wont get critted is 0,5 + 0,5 * 0,4 = 0,7 or 70% (not 80%). in other words i have a 30% chance to crit, which is just what i calculated earlier. thats how it could work for attacks. i did some tests long ago where my critrate halfed when the enemy used lvl 10 GA, so it would support this theory. strangely in caballeros tests GA had no effect at all. also for heals it seems to work completely different again...

i think the only thing we can conclude so far is that GA crit calculation is totally messed up...
                Last edited by Setsuna88; 05-30-2014, 08:00 AM.

Comment

That seems to be a bug in my opinion, and not saying anyone is wrong, just saying if GA effect heals, it seems to be bug.

And worse part is that wartune will basicly "force" everyone to go crit in later patches... but hey, not being to crit heal isn't the end.

Comment

Originally posted by JkLoser87 View Post
                    That seems to be a bug in my opinion, and not saying anyone is wrong, just saying if GA effect heals, it seems to be bug.

And worse part is that wartune will basicly "force" everyone to go crit in later patches... but hey, not being to crit heal isn't the end.
                    Description of Guardian Angel is "Chance of Receiving Crit reduced by X%" when you crit heal on yourself you are on the receiving end of it. So to me it doesn't seem like a bug at all. Not the greatest of things, but doesn't contradict the astral at all.

Comment

well lately i have been watching some CW and arena videos and monitoring GA. it seems if u are wearing a GA it also lowers the chances of u receiving crit heals .

but if your opponent is wearing GA astral it wont affect u receive crit heal coz while i was monitoring i saw a mage doing restoration 95k and BL 102k in two turns in a row with out using another skill .

i might be wrong but that is what i discovered .

Comment

Working...
                      X