Sylph Arena Exploit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sylph Arena Exploit?

Okay, so I'm number 3 in sylph arena, been there for some time, and all of a sudden tonight at reset, somebody is able to manipulate points to get ahead of me, even though he can't beat my sylphs (or those ahead of me). It happened at the very last minute, and I'm at a loss to figure out how they did it. It would seem to me, since you can only go up by 5 points at a time, and you have to beat someone ahead of you to get the five points, that something got manipulated. Anyone have any ideas as to how this could have happened? We think they lost intentionally to drop, and then somehow managed to leapfrog us to take our spots.

Kinda pizzes me off.

~Deo

Originally posted by deodanth01 View Post
    Okay, so I'm number 3 in sylph arena, been there for some time, and all of a sudden tonight at reset, somebody is able to manipulate points to get ahead of me, even though he can't beat my sylphs (or those ahead of me). It happened at the very last minute, and I'm at a loss to figure out how they did it. It would seem to me, since you can only go up by 5 points at a time, and you have to beat someone ahead of you to get the five points, that something got manipulated. Anyone have any ideas as to how this could have happened? We think they lost intentionally to drop, and then somehow managed to leapfrog us to take our spots.

Kinda pizzes me off.

~Deo

PUT UR crappiest sylph up, let ppl hit it endlessly. then win all 10 fights.
    Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Originally posted by B4nsh33 View Post
      That is if you need the sylph xp, else i don't see any point doing it
      THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Originally posted by B4nsh33 View Post
        Yes, but once you get the same number of points as someone with higher sylphs, you're stuck, as your position at a specific point amount is determined by sylph team br. If I have 1010 points and so does this choad, but my br is higher, then he is behind me in the rankings, and can no longer get points, as he can't beat those higher then he is.

Comment

i think i know how he did it.. the thing is when u open shylp arena window and fight with someone(someone u can beat) when fight finished your shylph arena window show the same people before and u can keep atacking same person ,but when u close window and reopen your points beiing corected.. p.s sorry english isnt my first language tried explain *** simple as i can..

Comment

Kinda pizzes me off.

~Deo
            The person to go ahead of you doesn't need to kill you or person ahead of you in SA. If he has same points as you, he just has to kill people between you and him to go up by 5 points.
            If A has sylphs total BR 30K and B has sylphs total BR 25K doesn't necessarily mean A will win. (A could have 3 10K Br sylph and B has 25K BR one sylph which will kill all A's 3 sylphs). It is about choosing your battles wisely.

Comment

he/she dosnt have to beat your sylph team directly for example if you had 1000 point and thats the far u have reach and you cant beat no.1/2 then you wont gain point but if he drops lower at the end of the week he might finish with 1005 making him having more points than you taking your 3rd spot (just example )
              you just take one or 3 weak sylphs let people beat u up
              but careful dont put all 3 sylphs directly together it might jump u to 3rd again when u cant beat any one start adding them one by one and you find out you got your 3rd back
              i hope i helped you
              Server: snowcrest [s351]
              TOON NAME ;Mohammed
              Guild : DarkLegion
              Battle Rating : 217k
              mega free player non casher

Comment

Originally posted by Suren45 View Post
                i think i know how he did it.. the thing is when u open shylp arena window and fight with someone(someone u can beat) when fight finished your shylph arena window show the same people before and u can keep atacking same person ,but when u close window and reopen your points beiing corected.. p.s sorry english isnt my first language tried explain *** simple as i can..
                I've had this happen to me a couple times. When I win a battle, sometimes it will not update the points until I close and reopen the sylph arena. However, by keeping that window open I can win again and again and get points. This used to happen with a decent chance a month or so back. This month, I havent really paid attention to the sylph arena, so I am unsure if it was fixed in any of the recent patches or not.
                Character Name: hove
                Class: Knight
                Level: 74
                Battle Rating: 109k
                Honor Rank: Lord Divine
                Server: Aeria S4

Comment

Originally posted by CrypticMystic View Post
                  I've had this happen to me a couple times. When I win a battle, sometimes it will not update the points until I close and reopen the sylph arena. However, by keeping that window open I can win again and again and get points. This used to happen with a decent chance a month or so back. This month, I havent really paid attention to the sylph arena, so I am unsure if it was fixed in any of the recent patches or not.
                  It's not possible anymore. With one of latest patches this has been removed.

Comment

Put up 3 lowest BR sylph, get as low rank as possible

once at lowest rank you can go, put up 2 lowest BR and 1 higher BR sylph (this allow you to beat the next higher rank player)

next, put up 1 lowest BR, and 2 higher BR sylph (same thing, higher BR to beat next higher rank player)

after that, use all 3 of your highest BR sylph

You just gained +15 Sylph EXP

Comment

I get all of that, however what I can't figure is how someone with higher sylph br can be "leap-frogged".

I'm probably not explaining this very well, but you can only get 5 points per fight. So you can only advance 5 points per fight when you win. Eventually, you will reach the point total of someone with higher sylph br, and not be able to advance any further without beating someone with a higher sylph br than you.

I think the closest thing which has been mentioned above that might explain what happened to me is the phenomenon where you can continue to beat the same person and not advance in rank for a few fights, thereby getting several 5 point wins from the same opponent. It was mentioned that this had been fixed however, so if this is the case then I guess it's not the answer.

All that remains, out of the solutions posited, is the whole "beating someone between him and you" argument, so as to gain 5 points and thereby pass you, but it remains that the person he'd have to beat would have higher br. So if this is the answer, then it involves the thing about the actual distribution of br points among the team, i.e. 1 really powerful sylph being better than three weaker ones. If this is the case, then last night was just a "perfect storm" of sorts, and shouldn't happen very often.

I'll have to wait a week to find out if this is indeed the case, so if anyone is interested, I'll update this next week. Regardless, thank you for your suggestions!

~Deo

Comment

I get all of that, however what I can't figure is how someone with higher sylph br can be "leap-frogged".

I'm probably not explaining this very well, but you can only get 5 points per fight. So you can only advance 5 points per fight when you win. Eventually, you will reach the point total of someone with higher sylph br, and not be able to advance any further without beating someone with a higher sylph br than you.

I think the closest thing which has been mentioned above that might explain what happened to me is the phenomenon where you can continue to beat the same person and not advance in rank for a few fights, thereby getting several 5 point wins from the same opponent. It was mentioned that this had been fixed however, so if this is the case then I guess it's not the answer.

All that remains, out of the solutions posited, is the whole "beating someone between him and you" argument, so as to gain 5 points and thereby pass you, but it remains that the person he'd have to beat would have higher br. So if this is the answer, then it involves the thing about the actual distribution of br points among the team, i.e. 1 really powerful sylph being better than three weaker ones. If this is the case, then last night was just a "perfect storm" of sorts, and shouldn't happen very often.

I'll have to wait a week to find out if this is indeed the case, so if anyone is interested, I'll update this next week. Regardless, thank you for your suggestions!

~Deo
                        example:

place up 3 5000 BR sylph = 15000 total BR
                        Attack target, you're now in the 15000 BR zone

place up 2 5000 BR + 1 10000 BR sylph = 15000 total BR
                        Attack target, you're still in the 15000 BR zone and still win because of your higher BR sylph

place up 1 5000 BR + 2 10000 BR sylph = 25000 total BR
                        Attack target, you're now in the 25000 BR zone

place up 3 10000 BR sylph = 30000 total BR
                        Attack target, you've now gained 20 points

At least that's how I do it to get up to 80ish rank

You could go higher if you have a lots of sylph, where you'll have 2 10000 BR sylph + 1 15000 BR sylph or something like that.

5~6 sylph required.
                        Last edited by anichaos; 05-26-2014, 01:41 PM.

Comment

1) 5 players a, b, c, d and e have 1020 points where d and e cant beat a ,b or c. e will beat d and get 1025 points, therefore the weakest of the 5 can get the 1st position
                          2) when you have the same points as someone else but more br (so you ocupy a better position), you can do a trick to beat the weaker one for +5 points depending on your sylphs strength

Comment

You can leapfrog players with higher br. Lets say he was in 5th place and 3,4,5 were tied. He kills 4, gets the +5 points, jumps into 3rd place based on points without beating you.
                            If you are clever about how you switch up your formation in rankings and who you attack, you can jump ahead of ranks which you really shouldn't win.

Check out sylph arena in the hour after it resets. Often you will see people with really bad ratings at the top, simply because they beat easy teams and got their point total up.
                            Last edited by CrizzyB; 05-26-2014, 01:19 PM.
                            Lvl 80 Crit Mage, 298K BR, Aegis ***** G.M. Hells-Gate

Comment

Working...
                            X