Petition to remove the Vets in Older servers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaoryn View Post
    The Vets shouldn't be removed, but for the older servers, I don't think that the bullhorns that give advice should be required. That function really only directs towards the newer servers, in which the newer, less experienced players are more likely to start on. Hence, they will more likely need the bullhorns simply as a rough guidance. As for new players that choose to start on older servers, they can simply gain their knowledge from the players roaming.

The Vets should remain as they are on the older servers mainly to watch our for any bad behavior that may occur during any possible time. I think the problem would be resolved if the bullhorn function of which the Vets use to give out advice should be disabled. But only on the older servers. Removing the Vets altogether would probably only cause more problems, and maybe even inspire players to begin behaving in a foul manner if they are aware that there is no Vet actually observing them. Simple answer: Disable the bullhorn function for the Vets which allow them to post advice and tips on the older servers, but allow them to remain on them simply for behavior watch.
    +1 to this

Comment

Nooo!!! for controling misbehavor we have tickets, yet im agree about anoying bullhorn mostly when erase yours... lol.

I think would be better to have LBH msg with the normal msg "hey the vet... is here PM me if you have any question" and they whatching the WChat to see if there is any question there, but for controling behavor? This is an adult or grown peeps game, is not? Is diferent if someone complains to the vets for someone having misbehevor, they have the duty to assist.
      R2-S426 Redwicky (merged)
      Archer Linkoneusc
      Legion Guild

1+1=3

Comment

Vets are needed for new servers, not old servers. period.

Vets "patrolling" older servers for misbehaviour is useless and time consuming. You can't prevent bad behaviour. This is a game played in many countries, with all different languages so you can still have bad behaviour or misinterpret things. I'm not sure if Vets can ban ppl at all btw. If you look at my join rate you can see im from jan 2013, i doubt there are may vets who play longer than me AND can teach me sth new i didnt know yet. However they are needed at newer servers. Only when there has been released a new (big) patch a vet might become useful for the older servers IF the vet has knowledge of the new patch.

And about the bullhorns which are used, I've heard they were automatic generated, I'm not sure the vets actually said stuff like that. But they should be removed at older servers.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkoneusc View Post
          Nooo!!! for controling misbehavor we have tickets, yet im agree about anoying bullhorn mostly when erase yours... lol.

I think would be better to have LBH msg with the normal msg "hey the vet... is here PM me if you have any question" and they whatching the WChat to see if there is any question there, but for controling behavor? This is an adult or grown peeps game, is not? Is diferent if someone complains to the vets for someone having misbehevor, they have the duty to assist.
          Yes, that was sort of what I meant. But if people do not wish to file tickets over an issue that can simply be resolved by discussing it with an in-game Vet, then again, that is one of the reasons for why a Vet should remain in the game, on all of the servers. I personally feel quite comfortable with the idea of having a Vet in the server just to observe and be on the game for any signs of players misbehaving with let's say, foul language or accusing another player while using foul language. And to know that the Vet is able to take action if the player refuses to stop using foul language. Well, that makes me feel even more relaxed.
          From behind the hood, lies a woman whose alluring beauty has stunned thousands. Millions have doubted her demanding strength, and in exchange, have unwillingly given their lives to her blade. She roams not as a slayer, but as a savior in search of sustaining peace. The only thing that stands in her way is the army of darkness who at this moment are dominant over the mortal race.
          What will YOU do to contribute to the eternal war?

Comment

Originally posted by Linkoneusc View Post

To be honest, not everyone on a server knows how to file a ticket to R2, and some of them do not know that such system exists. Bad behaviours are every were, and these behaviours should never been in any game like this. This is a game to have fun. The Vets are there to help people new and old.
            Last edited by Alberteiny; 06-01-2014, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by noob9841 View Post
              vets are Cupcakes , and this response (above) is evidence of the same Cupcakes that comes from the vets. the op is not interested in the vets. they are Cupcakes . authority only works if it is consistent. if "authority" comes in once a month and makes threats, it will be ignored
              And maybe you are A Cupcake aswell, you clearly state you have zero manners and respect to others, so i can asume your Cupcake isnt high either if you call someone Cupcake . And for people like you there still should be Vets on older servers to monitor the chat. And do you even knew Vets are same players like you or me? If you feel like you know everything better than everyone take time and apply since you're so the best with this useless comment.
              Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 06-02-2014, 05:57 AM. Reason: Cupcake Brigade FTW.
              "It takes a lot of things to prove you are smart, but only one thing to prove you are ignorant." - Don Herold

Comment

Originally posted by Kaoryn View Post
                The Vets shouldn't be removed, but for the older servers, I don't think that the bullhorns that give advice should be required. That function really only directs towards the newer servers, in which the newer, less experienced players are more likely to start on. Hence, they will more likely need the bullhorns simply as a rough guidance. As for new players that choose to start on older servers, they can simply gain their knowledge from the players roaming.

The Vets should remain as they are on the older servers mainly to watch our for any bad behavior that may occur during any possible time. I think the problem would be resolved if the bullhorn function of which the Vets use to give out advice should be disabled. But only on the older servers. Removing the Vets altogether would probably only cause more problems, and maybe even inspire players to begin behaving in a foul manner if they are aware that there is no Vet actually observing them. Simple answer: Disable the bullhorn function for the Vets which allow them to post advice and tips on the older servers, but allow them to remain on them simply for behavior watch.
                I like this +1
                What gets me is the bad behavior part. The Vets seem to have even a word as *** or damn to be considered inappropriate. The act like this site is for kids-teens. When reality 99% are Adults. I'm sure the Vets cuss(ed) in the game as well.
                What also gets me is how they take action without knowing how the people are and what situation it is. Them saying keep it clean, etc. doesn't make any difference. If there is fowl play, it may stop when the VET is on, but it just continues.
                That's why there's tickets :\
                I agree with the rest of your post .

I...I love you like a love song baby...
                I.. I love you like a love song baby...
                I...I love you like a love song baby...
                And I keep hitting repe-pe-pe-pe-peat.
                :o:o:o:o

Comment

Working...
                X