No announcement yet.

Archer - Astral

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And what about using deflection AND ilusion? and not using enshieldment?

Comment

Originally posted by ancev View Post
      Guardian Angel<-----USELESS FOR ARCHER VS ARCHER DUELS. It is not very bad against other classes but in archer duels it sux even if it's level 10.

LOL ? Guardian angel is a great astral for archer vs archer , not all archers have high crit.I know a lot of them with 6k crit
      " You shall not pass !! " - Gandalf

"The Lich King has given me true power." - Death knight

Comment

Originally posted by FaeLRoX View Post
        LOL ? Guardian angel is a great astral for archer vs archer , not all archers have high crit.I know a lot of them with 6k crit
        Even with 5k crit you still do 9/10 crits vs level 10 guardian angel. Personally I've tested all 3 astrals (illusion, deflection and GA) against different classes, levels, crit values, PVP, PVE. By far Illusion procs best in both PVP and PVE, followed by deflection (but 10% chance is pure luck in PVP, works decent in PVE though because of longer fights), and like I said GA sux in archer vs archer battles. Yes it does help in fights against knights and mages with 5k crit, but doesn't work with archers. Archers have bonus crit chance on skills so 5k crit for an archer is not the same as 5k crit for mage/knight.
        A 6k crit archer will crit you 10/10 with a bit of luck.
        In sylph form you might get lucky and avoid a crit from an archer in gaia form but I'd rather take my chances with 1 damage if Illusion procs, then get 50k normal damage from a gaia delphic instead of 120k.
        IGN: AncientEvil
        Server: EU-271+merged
        Class: Archer
        Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

ancev,

So, from your point of view, would it be good to use ilusion and deflection? and forget about enshieldment? or ilusion and enshieldment?

Comment

Originally posted by JackMalloy View Post
            ancev,

So, from your point of view, would it be good to use ilusion and deflection? and forget about enshieldment?
            I use block 7 and ilusion 8, they works decently (2700 block total with LD medalion and 16% dodge). Next step is enshieldment 8 for 3k block. Block procs better then deflection and also gives extra BR. Deflection won't help you much vs stronger opponent, because you still take full damage.

Comment

I use block 7 and ilusion 8, they works decently (2700 block total with LD medalion and 16% dodge). Next step is enshieldment 8 for 3k block. Block procs better then deflection and also gives extra BR. Deflection won't help you much vs stronger opponent, because you still take full damage.
              Deflection is calculated before your defense stats, so its quite good if you are tanky build
              THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Originally posted by daunapu View Post
                Deflection is calculated before your defense stats, so its quite good if you are tanky build
                I won't argue with that. It's up to everyone what they use in their builds. I just state what works best for me.
                Also I would like to know what a tanky archer is:
                A. high defense , high crit ,low HP
                B. high p def, high HP, high crit, low m def
                C. high defense, low crit, high HP

Comment

A lot of information here, so still seems i should try all astral on me and will see what will be working well
                  [S369] Venom Creek
                  Archer
                  Lvl80
                  BR - 450K
                  CW - 36

Dont make me angry - just wanna have a fun

Comment

I won't argue with that. It's up to everyone what they use in their builds. I just state what works best for me.
                    Also I would like to know what a tanky archer is:
                    A. high defense , high crit ,low HP
                    B. high p def, high HP, high crit, low m def
                    C. high defense, low crit, high HP
                    a Tanky Archer is the one with high HP, I know someone in my Guild with 200,000+ HP

He survives Gaia Crits, and at times Deflection procs and it one shot opposing player instead.

His main sylph is also Iris, which he uses to heal back to full health after getting hit by Delphics.

Comment

Deflection is good no matter what's your build. It is that astral, which can turn the whole fight upside down dealing your enemy 75k after 1 min. of the fight.
                      That's a lot, especially when you're about to use your sylph's strong skill.
                      Nearly all level 80 players use that astral, because it's just good. Thanks to it (and thanks to luck), I happened to win some fights vs. 30-50k higher enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by Caballero1321 View Post
                        Deflection is good no matter what's your build. It is that astral, which can turn the whole fight upside down dealing your enemy 75k after 1 min. of the fight.
                        That's a lot, especially when you're about to use your sylph's strong skill.
                        Nearly all level 80 players use that astral, because it's just good. Thanks to it (and thanks to luck), I happened to win some fights vs. 30-50k higher enemies.
                        for me it's simple math
                        did 10 matches with level 8 deflection, it worked once
                        did 10 matches with level 8 ilusion, it worked 5 times

Comment

for me it's simple math
                          did 10 matches with level 8 deflection, it worked once
                          did 10 matches with level 8 ilusion, it worked 5 times
                          Did hundreds of matches with both lvl. 7 Deflection and lvl. 8 Illusion.
                          Illusion nearly never worked for me when enemy was dealing me more dmg than 10k (usually it's on some 2-4k sylph attack or one of lowest attacks done by my enemy).
                          Deflection seem to have just a little lower rate, BUT it nearly always works on high dmg skills of my enemies (20k+).

10 matches isn't a really good test.

Comment

It is an okay test, for him, because both those astrals aren't consistent imo. Different results for different people... seen illusion proc way too often on some while hardly ever on others. More so different proc rate in PvE compared to PvP. Easiest way to know what works for you is to try everything out.

Comment

I agree with the statement about different proc rates in PvE and PvP.

My Deflection rarely works in PvE and works a lot more often in PvP.
                              Illusion on the other hand, triggers often in PvE and very rarely in PvP.
                              I can count the number of my useful Illusion procs in PvP on the fingers of one hand, while Deflection helped me numerous times.
                              And I've been wearing this setup for months, now.

Comment

Originally posted by Caballero1321 View Post
                                I agree with the statement about different proc rates in PvE and PvP.

My Deflection rarely works in PvE and works a lot more often in PvP.
                                Illusion on the other hand, triggers often in PvE and very rarely in PvP.
                                I can count the number of my useful Illusion procs in PvP on the fingers of one hand, while Deflection helped me numerous times.
                                And I've been wearing this setup for months, now.
                                I did the tests because some players were stating that % astrals are messed up and Illusion although has higher chance then deflection doesn't trigger quite as often. Fact which proved wrong to me, I see percentages working just fine. So personally I would take 16% over 10% any day of the week.

Comment

Working...
                                X