No announcement yet.

LOOOL at lvl 1-5 gem pack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bulk opened 105 packs and got 3 lvl 5s + 4 lvl 4s.

Comment

Originally posted by Whispir View Post
      Bulk opened 105 packs and got 3 lvl 5s + 4 lvl 4s.
      you must be using some sort of advanced opening technique which i lack of... and yours is the best i've read so far.

opened individually...195, got 1xlvl 5 and 8x lvl 4 gems
      300K ish BATTLE RATINGS
      MAGE-S363

NON CASHER

Comment

Now, all non-cashers can see, how "awesome" trade cashers do when they buy lvl. 1-5 gem apcks ^^

Just for statistics: opened 327 gem packs, got 3x lvl. 5, 2x lvl. 4 and 6x lvl. 3 gems.
        Could've been worse, could've been better.

Comment

This has nothing to do with bad luck. This is the Chinese gamble design. 90% of the time you get lvl 1 gems, 9% lvl 2 gems etc... A level 1-3 gem pack gives a 1.3 lvl gem on average, a lvl 1-5, maybe 1.5 or 2?

See this article on the subject:
          http://wartune-balens.blogspot.hu/20...le-factor.html
          My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

Unfortunately, noone ever said the chance was average (20% for L1, 20% for L2.... 20% for L5). It does what it says, since you can get L1 to L5... of course, the curve is step, but have you figured out the ratio if you consider how many L1 chips it would be? (1-4-16-64-256)

Just saying not to dream too much when you see those L1-L5, and believe you ll be getting 1 L5 per 5 boxes.

Personally, it's ok with me. I'm a free rider, can't complain much, can I? Don't have much space, so couldnt add up all together, but rough numbers, got 2xL5, 5xL4 and ton of L1, out of somewhere around 60 (it will probably get worse as I get and open more , as it seems a lucky roll based from you guys numbers... so it will even out as more is added to get closer to "real % values"... "Luck" means less as you consider bigger numbers)
            " Strength does not show when we defeat our foes, but when we get defeated and yet we stand to keep fighting " - fragment from Khine's brief speech at her knighting ceremony.

Server : S3 (Worg's Lair)
            Class : Knight
            Nick : Khine

Comment

Originally posted by soloist21 View Post
              you must be using some sort of advanced opening technique which i lack of... and yours is the best i've read so far.

opened individually...195, got 1xlvl 5 and 8x lvl 4 gems
              it's superstition and confirmation bias. a computer that calculates odds doesn't care how you open them or when, numbers are numbers
              Last edited by noob9841; 06-16-2014, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by noob9841 View Post
                it's superstition and confirmation bias. a computer that calculates odds doesn't care how you open them or when, numbers are numbers
                Why did you quote my post? o.0
                It has nothing to do with what you wrote.

Comment

Well, when i was keeping track...which was a while ago...i opened packs 10 at a time...

Total number of packs: 840
                  Level 1: 575
                  Level 2: 160
                  Level 3: 74
                  Level 4: 25
                  Level 5: 6

so, getting 2 or more 5's from 200 is a very decent return, i'd say...and i think my sample size is enough for that conclusion ^^

Comment

Originally posted by soloist21 View Post
                    not sure if anyone one else thinks this, but i think there's a certain amount you need to open before getting the actual lvl type.

but after reading this

i just might try that...
                    DO NOT give r2 or the elite club anymore ideas on how to screw lower people.
                    Keep secrets to yourselves ~_~

I...I love you like a love song baby...
                    I.. I love you like a love song baby...
                    I...I love you like a love song baby...
                    And I keep hitting repe-pe-pe-pe-peat.
                    :o:o:o:o

Comment

Originally posted by gruntar View Post
                      Well, when i was keeping track...which was a while ago...i opened packs 10 at a time...

Total number of packs: 840
                      Level 1: 575
                      Level 2: 160
                      Level 3: 74
                      Level 4: 25
                      Level 5: 6

so, getting 2 or more 5's from 200 is a very decent return, i'd say...and i think my sample size is enough for that conclusion ^^

back when the oceanic servers had the bugged gem event, i tested with 12000 L1-5 gem packs (sooo much clicking). I lost all my results, so I cant list L1-L4 gem numbers, but i do remember that i had only gotten 19 L5 gems which I honestly felt was very low. So I would agree with your conclusion that 2 or more L5's outta 200 packs is pretty good, or at the very least isn't worth complaining about.

Comment

Did my mage's 261 packs. 4 lvl 5s, 6 lvl 4s.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
                          Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whiners a single day can produce.
                          im gonna sig this.
                          Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                          Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Hope next gem event won't be unlimited :P

Comment

Originally posted by ancev View Post
                              4 level 5 gems means 64 level 3 gems, is that bad?
                              Personally i got 3 level 5 gems and 3 level 4 gems from 200 boxes, so almost 4 level 5 gems also. The ratio is better than level 1-3 gem packs for level 3 gems. And it's free.
                              I'm totaly agree... can anybody share the lvl3 gemw drop as the lvl4 and 5.
                              R2-S426 Redwicky (merged)
                              Archer Linkoneusc
                              Legion Guild

1+1=3

Comment

Originally posted by haquebd View Post
                                Hope next gem event won't be unlimited :P
                                Sadly i think it won't, there is not unlimited every month... so be relax.
                                R2-S426 Redwicky (merged)
                                Archer Linkoneusc
                                Legion Guild

1+1=3

Comment

Working...
                                X