Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinister Rot vs Knights

Hey guys,

Making this post because moments ago i was questioning my self about this Hades skill and the potential OP effect it could have on Knights.

Sinister Rot: Deals damage to a random Target hp's equal to 74% of PATK for 3 rounds.

Lets take into consideration, that players are in sylph vs sylph mode, and one of them uses S Rot to make sure it doesnt go to troop and the opunent player ( the knight) has around 30k PatK to 40k.
    This means that he will "bleed" 22,2k to 29.6k ea round x3 times ???? And this can boost with 50% damage time ???
    IF the skill effect works just like in his discription, the target knight that i gave as an example, will suffer a total of 66.6k up to 88.8k bleed ? and it can even go from 99.9k- 133k if in 50% boost time ?

Please clear my doubts on this skill because this is OP
    Last edited by Ivopinto; 06-17-2014, 09:22 AM.

i have no hades, but i think it's based on your patk, not the opponent's.
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

it does not work that way, its the sylphs patk it uses
      ARMOR S4 Metalmouth
      Class Mage

Comment

Either way, this is not how this skill (nor poison shot for archers) works. All damage in this game is calculated as: [(Attacker's attack*skill multiplier)-Defender's defense]/2. This being said, sinister rot will take 74% of either your attack, THEN subtract the opponents defense from this number THEN divide that in two. This skill, and poison shot, are both actually quite useless in non pve situations, because defenses are 2x stronger then attack. Here is my char for example:

Patk: 41.5k
        Pdef: 23.7k

Sinister Rot: *Obviously, when using sinister rot, your patk, and your sylphs attack will be added together, but it won't change the end result of the calculation very much, hence I ignored it for simplicity.
        Damage done = [(41500*.74)-23700]/2 = (30710-23700)/2 = 7010/2 = 3505 per turn * 3 turns = 10515 damage

Poison arrow:
        Damage done =[(41500*.64)-23700]/2 = (26560-23700)/2 = 2860/2 =1430 per turn *4 turns = 5720 damage (3 turns + 1 for qte)

It's very easy to see that neither of these attacks are very good at all. Just about any single one of your attacks (even auto attacking) will do more damage in one turn, than sinister rot or poison arrow will do in 3 or 4 turns.

*It is also clear to see how a 10% decrease in damage from SR -> PA causes the final damage to decrease approximately 45%, which helps to show how defense in the game is significantly more important.

Another quick note, if the damage*skill multiplier is less than the opponents defenses, than it goes by 10% of your attack, like so: (only doing poison arrow for this part)

Say you have 22k patk, and the opponent has 20k pdef, then normally poison arrow would do:

Damage done = [(22000*.64)-20000]/2 = (14080-20000)/2 = -5920/2 = -2960

Since it is not possible to do negative damage so they use the rule of 10% of your attack, and ignore the opponents defense.

Same example, this time using the 10% rule:

Damage done = [(22000*.10*.64)-0]/2 =1408/2=704*4 turns = 2816

This helps to show how little damage these skills will do even as a strong player up against a low br player. A player with 22k patk will do 2816 damage to any player, whether the opponent has 20k pdef, or 70k pdef. But even a player with double the patk as the opponents pdef, will only do around double the damage lower player would do.
        Last edited by Mr.Mr; 06-17-2014, 10:29 AM. Reason: Added 2nd half about cases where attack is under defenses

Comment

Ty Mr.MR for clear things out, and yes if it works that way its useless. Was starting to think Srot was to much OP
          Last edited by Ivopinto; 06-17-2014, 09:53 AM.

Comment

I play lv50 knight and I don't know Hades skills (I have only free sylphs) but my experience is that Hades is weak against knight (I don't know how against other classes). Gaia is the best against knight, also Apolo is strong.

Comment

As a fellow archer with exactly the same stats as Mr.Mr I can confirm what he is saying. Nicely described

Comment

Originally posted by verbaska View Post
                I play lv50 knight and I don't know Hades skills (I have only free sylphs) but my experience is that Hades is weak against knight (I don't know how against other classes). Gaia is the best against knight, also Apolo is strong.
                This is true, seeing as how knights have the highest pdef of all classes, and the fact that defense is stronger then attack in several ways, hades and other patk sylphs do substantially less damage to knights than matk sylphs. The same can be said with matk sylphs against mages. Hence why mages more often then not use hades or AQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Mr View Post
                  Either way, this is not how this skill (nor poison shot for archers) works. All damage in this game is calculated as: [(Attacker's attack*skill multiplier)-Defender's defense]/2. This being said, sinister rot will take 74% of either your attack, THEN subtract the opponents defense from this number THEN divide that in two.
                  Those numbers are off - skill multipliers are applied after the (atk-def)/2 number is calculated. If it didn't, my archer's gaia delphic would do a minimum of 30k to the strongest player on my server. Seeing as how I regularly do a lot less than that to weaker players, there's no way skill multipliers are applied directly to the atk attribute.

So in the examples above, the Sinister Rot skill does about 19.7k total damage, and poison arrow does around 22.8k, just from the bleed effect. The initial attack is in addition to that, even if it's relatively weak.

The other consideration is that the additional damage effect is not affected by damage reduction. So Goddess Blessing and elemental resistance is ignored for that part. Against a high level character, with a lot of damage resistance (from astral, talents, etc), this can be pretty effective. My knight has 45% damage resistance, so that nearly doubles the damage against him relative to other skills. When fighting someone high level with the same type of sylph, poison arrow may be the most damaging skill you can use - delphic sniper still wins if it crits, but that's about it.

Comment

Working...
                  X