Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Worst Astral - Illusion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Say Illusion sucks to people that got it proccing in CW and winning.

Example (yes, I still use it), Joker's fight 2 month ago, he lost 2nd place because of someone's Illusion Astral.

Comment

Originally posted by daunapu View Post
      Illusion was broken more than year ago and was op, it got some "fix" with proc rate, how it is now idk since i dont use it any more, but in pvp vs me i have seen it proc only against my chaos rune on 1st hit. Still this is only my observations.
      The "fix" for Illusion is that, if maxed, it only procs 10% of the time in PvP battles. However, it still procs 20% of the time in PvE battles. So it's good for PvE but not so great for PvP. Block works kind of the same way. If you have block maxed at 5k, It will block about 1/3 (30%) attacks in PvE but only about 1/6 (15%) attacks in PvP.
      Last edited by OhBummer; 06-18-2014, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Just took another 15 attempts at Skytrail 2-5. Illusion (14%) worked once today, out of about 75-90 hits.
        Lvl 80 Crit Mage, 298K BR, Aegis ***** G.M. Hells-Gate

Comment

its as simple as it can be,, it dodge n its % wise,, nt ness tht 1 out of 7 u will dodge , u may nvr dodge ,, this astral work is 14% chance to dodge an attk,, now the chance to fail or success tht no one can tell u n more importanly, *when*... i am using it n i once in a while get 1 dmg,,, so it works but compared to others its less,,,, so ask for a refund for faulty one,,,, just jokin....

Comment

I wont use that astrals, thanks for sharing...
            R2-S426 Redwicky (merged)
            Archer Linkoneusc
            Legion Guild

1+1=3

Comment

Originally posted by ancev View Post
              You still don't get it. The astral gives you a 14% chance to dodge every time you get hit. Meaning every time you get hit there is a 86% chance you DON'T dodge. Every time the % is the same, you could get 100k hits and not get a dodge, it means you're just unlucky. It's like tossing a coin. Every time you toss there is 50% chance it will land heads or tails, but every time you toss that chance is the same, meaning you can toss it 100 times and it will only land heads. Doesn't mean the percentage is broken, that is how it works.
              Your knowledge in statistics is equaled to a coin landing heads 100 times in a row. Please go take stats 101 before making these statements.

Comment

i like the illusion astral(14%) when it does work on pvp fights and against GB ward

but in my own opinion i prefer ruthlessness lvl7(49%) crits 150-450k(Gaia Delphic no buffs)in wb since i know this astral works every turn good or bad .....rather than illusion doesnt really work when you want it to.

but i will use illusion when it comes to CW's(so wont really call it a bad astral)
                Last edited by soloist21; 06-18-2014, 02:53 PM.
                300K ish BATTLE RATINGS
                MAGE-S363

NON CASHER

Comment

Two things happened to Illusion.

One - It was changed to work on only the first attack of a series of attacks. Like a Knight's EDD (5 Attacks). It will only check to proc once for all 5 hits, and if it goes off, will only affect the first hit of the attack series. This makes Illusion fairly crappy right off since most good attacks have multiple hits. It also doesn't work on the add hits from Sylphs when you're in unawakened form, and that damage adds up too.

Two - The % of effectiveness was reduced for PvP. I believe it's cut in half. I get about a 15% rate out of my L8 Illusion in PvE and about 8% in PvP. This is discounting attacks beyond the first (series attacks) and unawakened Sylph attacks.

Illusion isn't really that useful anymore, but when it does work in the right circumstance it's pretty awesome. Ignoring damage from a Gaia/AQ Delphic or an Archer's Delphic Sniper or Mage's Thunderer can win you a fight.

Comment

^are you sure about the series of attack thing? i use it at wb and sometimes had one of the middle hits of his ultimate dodged (like: 100k,1,100k). unless it always works on the middle hit only. would explain why it doesnt proc very often for the last hits...ill pay more attention next time.
                    Last edited by Setsuna88; 06-18-2014, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                      Two things happened to Illusion.

One - It was changed to work on only the first attack of a series of attacks. Like a Knight's EDD (5 Attacks). It will only check to proc once for all 5 hits, and if it goes off, will only affect the first hit of the attack series. This makes Illusion fairly crappy right off since most good attacks have multiple hits. It also doesn't work on the add hits from Sylphs when you're in unawakened form, and that damage adds up too.

Two - The % of effectiveness was reduced for PvP. I believe it's cut in half. I get about a 15% rate out of my L8 Illusion in PvE and about 8% in PvP. This is discounting attacks beyond the first (series attacks) and unawakened Sylph attacks.

Illusion isn't really that useful anymore, but when it does work in the right circumstance it's pretty awesome. Ignoring damage from a Gaia/AQ Delphic or an Archer's Delphic Sniper or Mage's Thunderer can win you a fight.
                      I find this post to be 100% accurate

Comment

is an illusion to both u and ur rival
                        S204 royal basin (Oceanic Server)
                        IGN : Neggy

Comment

Originally posted by soloist21 View Post
                          i like the illusion astral(14%) when it does work on pvp fights and against GB ward
                          the ward still kill you now even if you activated illusion astral tho.
                          dang, i really hate that deadly ward tower update.
                          Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                          Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Tranc3motion View Post
                            Your knowledge in statistics is equaled to a coin landing heads 100 times in a row. Please go take stats 101 before making these statements.
                            You might be right, I never was good at statistics. But I was talking about chance not probabilty.
                            IGN: AncientEvil
                            Server: EU-271+merged
                            Class: Archer
                            Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

Originally posted by ancev View Post
                              You might be right, I never was good at statistics. But I was talking about chance not probabilty.
                              prob·a·bil·i·ty noun \ˌprä-bə-ˈbi-lə-tē\
                              : the chance that something will happen

chance [chans, chahns]
                              noun
                              3. a possibility or probability of anything happening: a fifty-percent chance of success.
                              Lvl 80 Crit Mage, 298K BR, Aegis ***** G.M. Hells-Gate

Comment

if guardian angel is a new alternative, does it affect the users too? i read a post earlier regarding that. Just want to confirm it since I'm a crit mage.
                                Lv80 mage ╬ BR 276K (blessed) ╬ Lv60 PVE Legendary gear ╬ Lv70 Legendary ring set ╬ Lv80 Legendary jewel set ╬ uDrYUUlLEeM

Comment

Working...
                                X