Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Worst Astral - Illusion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ancev View Post
    You still don't get it. The astral gives you a 14% chance to dodge every time you get hit. Meaning every time you get hit there is a 86% chance you DON'T dodge. Every time the % is the same, you could get 100k hits and not get a dodge, it means you're just unlucky. It's like tossing a coin. Every time you toss there is 50% chance it will land heads or tails, but every time you toss that chance is the same, meaning you can toss it 100 times and it will only land heads. Doesn't mean the percentage is broken, that is how it works.
    this guy is a Cupcake who thinks he knows math enough said
    Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 06-19-2014, 05:14 AM.

Comment

I used Illusion in the last CW. It is level 10 (20% chance), it didn't proc a single time in 15 games... My brother used deflection last cw and said his procced at least 5 times although he wasn't counting at the time but when I asked he said at least 5, possibly more. So based on this, it's safe to say that Illusion is good for PvE, for me it procs all the time in PvE but not too good for PvP. Deflection is good for PvP but not too good for PvE. Oh yeah and the 50k max damage of deflection is not accurate, it actually does 75k max damage. I pumped my level 10 illusion astro into deflection and have been testing it in duels and it does 75k max damage.
      Last edited by OhBummer; 06-19-2014, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OhBummer View Post
        I used Illusion in the last CW. It is level 10 (20% chance), it didn't proc a single time in 15 games... My brother used deflection last cw and said his procced at least 5 times although he wasn't counting at the time but when I asked he said at least 5, possibly more. So based on this, it's safe to say that Illusion is good for PvE, for me it procs all the time in PvE but not too good for PvP. Deflection is good for PvP but not too good for PvE. Oh yeah and the 50k max damage of deflection is not accurate, it actually does 75k max damage. I pumped my level 10 illusion astro into deflection and have been testing it in duels and it does 75k max damage.
        No, max is 50k @50% timer it goes up by 50%, so 75k... 100% timer goes up more... etc etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
          No, max is 50k @50% timer it goes up by 50%, so 75k... 100% timer goes up more... etc etc etc
          ah kk yeah, you're right. Those fights must have gone past 1min. That makes sense then because I notice it still does 50k on wb lol.

Comment

So I ran 20 Skytrail again today. So close to beating 2-5. Used illusion. Took about 120-140 hits. Illusion worked........once.
            Lvl 80 Crit Mage, 298K BR, Aegis ***** G.M. Hells-Gate

Comment

Originally posted by CrizzyB View Post
              So I ran 20 Skytrail again today. So close to beating 2-5. Used illusion. Took about 120-140 hits. Illusion worked........once.
              did you use hades on 2-5?
              IGN: AncientEvil
              Server: EU-271+merged
              Class: Archer
              Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

Yeah, his heal/attack saves me a bit. Tried gaia but I can't take as many shots from him.

Comment

Yeah, his heal/attack saves me a bit. Tried gaia but I can't take as many shots from him.
                  I see 3 problems here: Hades ulti is too weak compared to gaia and amazon, the boss has high dark resistance, and you're an EWD mage. EWD vs single boss is underpowered. If you have a crit build as backup and switching to gaia or amazon with a bit of luck from thunderer slow maybe you can make it.
                  IGN: AncientEvil
                  Server: EU-271+merged
                  Class: Archer
                  Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

tried 2-5 many times with ~28k 1s purple gaia at that time, big fail, tried with 11k br 1star blue pan, killed it from 2nd try...
                    THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

who saiys illusion sucks?saved my *** twice in cw with oponent gaia delphic doing 1 dmg

Comment

Originally posted by ancev View Post
                        I see 3 problems here: Hades ulti is too weak compared to gaia and amazon, the boss has high dark resistance, and you're an EWD mage. EWD vs single boss is underpowered. If you have a crit build as backup and switching to gaia or amazon with a bit of luck from thunderer slow maybe you can make it.
                        Appreciate the tips. I had switched over to a mediocre crit mage (3400 crit, lvl 7 Determination) for the last few days and tried to get lucky with some thunder. Double skill hits and a heal rune. Got him down to the last bar with Gaia when the crits processed, just not as close as Hades would get with his extra heals.
                        Added some 60 legend rings today and popped to 65 for another battle protection shield. I know I'm a bit low for what most people claim you need to pass it, and my troops/skills aren't quite as complete as the higher levels, so I'm frustrated, but I know I'm doing ok for where I'm at. I'll just keep playing with luck....one of these days everything will line up in a single match and I'll nail him.

Thx again though. Appreciate your insight.

Comment

My experience with Illusion and Deflection:
                          Originally posted by Caballero1321 View Post
                          I've been wearing lvl. 7 Deflection and lvl. 8 Illusion since March.
                          Illusion astral never made me win in PvP fight, while Deflection helps me win PvP fights multiple times a day.

Like I said earlier, within those 3 months, I dodged higher dmg skill (20k+) less than 10 or maybe even 5 times.
                          I deflect 20-30k+ hits multiple times every day. What's more, deflected dmg is counted before my defence is took into account, so most of deflects are max.

Illusion proc rate is higher (16%), but in PvP it works nearly ONLY on low dmg hits (2-4k, not more, usually).
                          Deflection triggers more rarely, but when it triggers, I usually deflect 50k/75k.

The only thing Illusion helped me with was surviving 2-10 Sky Trail strongest hit (once only, so far) and sometimes it does help in mpd/Spire. Illusion NEARLY NEVER helped me in PvP (unless you consider not having lost 2k HP as a great help).

Originally posted by iaLgan View Post
                          Illusion astrals works just fine as it should don't search for problems where there is none. Same goes for guardian angel it doesn
                          't reduse your own crit heal cmon...
                          Yes, Guardian Angel astral DOES affect crit heals.
                          I've used Guardian Angel lvl. 8 for 3 months. I crit healed myself like once per 2 days (with ~6.3k crit).
                          I've been not wearing Guardian Angel at all for last 3 months. Now I crit heal myself multiple times a day (like in 2 out of 5 pvp fights and maaany times in PvE events) having 6.4k crit.

Comment

well i don't know about the %. but at lvl6 my illusions dodge damage a crazy.at this point im raising at's lvl as fast as i can.it works well for me,maybe at is a bug ya have.

Comment

So I finally passed 2-5 Skytrail....S-assessment as well. Used mediocre crit mage setup (3400 crit), ruthlessness, potted up to 125K, and used Gaia. Happened to get lucky with a few slows and ruthlessness sylph-delphics both crit hard with Gaia....200K+ hits on him each time.

With same luck, I think Hades would have worked equally well and survived better....but just happy to never have to face that dude again.

Now stuck on 2-9.

Comment

Working...
                              X