Announcement

Collapse

Crystal Saga Costume Design Contest

Play Crystal Saga or Crystal Saga 2 and have ideas for new costumes? Enter the Costume Design Contest! Click here for more information
See more
See less

Worst Astral - Illusion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Worst Astral - Illusion

    Illusion - 14% chance to dodge damage...meaning I should dodge 1 of 7 hits.
    Just took 60-80 hits without a single dodge. Awesome processing rate.
    I was stubborn and thought it might somehow work once or twice a day. Forgot it depends on Wartune math though.
    Lvl 80 Crit Mage, 298K BR, Aegis ***** G.M. Hells-Gate

  • #2
    14% chance doesn't mean 1 out of 7 hits is a dodge, it means every time you get hit there is 14% chance you dodge.
    IGN: AncientEvil
    Server: EU-271+merged
    Class: Archer
    Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

    Comment


    • #3
      Each time there's a 1 to 7 chance to dodge damage, so this apply to each action separately.
      This doesn't work the way that you take damage for 6 rounds and didn't take in 7th one for 100%; if it'd be so the description would be: "% chance to dodge damage,100% chance to dodge on X hit".

      Comment


      • #4
        I used to wear it some long time ago and I've been wearing this again for last 3 months (lvl. 8 with 16% proc chance).

        On average, it works for me like once per 3-4 fights, but never on hit which would deal me more than 4-5k dmg. Usually, it just dodges that sylph skill when it's in unawakened form. As far as I know, the same happens to many friends of mine and many of them stopped using Illusion astral.

        I still keep that astral untill I get it while capturing, so I could keep it on lvl. 5 and use in the Spire/Necro/Sky Trail, because these are the only areas where Illusion comes in handy.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks but I know the math behind it and I'm not assuming that I dodge every 7th hit exactly. It means the odds of dodging a hit is 14%, or basically 1 out of every 7 hits it should process.
          Sure we go through bad streaks. But the odds of it missing 60 straight times is 1 in 10,000. And this is a daily occurrence. It's basically known that they nerfed this astral....just saying that it's a piece of Shitake astral.
          I was running it on Skytrail 2-5 hoping it would save me one hit at least as I'm 1 hit from killing him sometimes.
          Lvl 80 Crit Mage, 298K BR, Aegis ***** G.M. Hells-Gate

          Comment


          • #6
            CrizzyB, you are perfectly right, some people just don't get it Illusion astral is bugged. I transformed it into Guardian Angel since a month. There is nothing about "unlucky streaks" etc. The rate is simply not what it should be. My astral was lvl 9, "18% proc rate". I did like about 300 tests. Proc rate was approx 4%. Maybe people complained about this astral being too strong (it wasn't), and it simply got nerfed (silently, without notice, sometime in the past). Completely dodging damage 4% of the time is same as reducing damage by 4% vs each attack on the average. Compared to goddess blessing, defense astrals, or any other, this astral is very, very poor. It was good in its original form. Once they repair it, I will use it again. See more on detail on my blog:

            http://wartune-balens.blogspot.hu/20...-critical.html
            My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Fherlayt View Post
              CrizzyB, you are perfectly right, some people just don't get it Illusion astral is bugged. I transformed it into Guardian Angel since a month. There is nothing about "unlucky streaks" etc. The rate is simply not what it should be. My astral was lvl 9, "18% proc rate". I did like about 300 tests. Proc rate was approx 4%. Maybe people complained about this astral being too strong (it wasn't), and it simply got nerfed (silently, without notice, sometime in the past). Completely dodging damage 4% of the time is same as reducing damage by 4% vs each attack on the average. Compared to goddess blessing, defense astrals, or any other, this astral is very, very poor. It was good in its original form. Once they repair it, I will use it again. See more on detail on my blog:

              http://wartune-balens.blogspot.hu/20...-critical.html
              well mine works just fine, maybe you got a faulty one from the astral shop. ask for a refund.
              IGN: AncientEvil
              Server: EU-271+merged
              Class: Archer
              Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by CrizzyB View Post
                Thanks but I know the math behind it and I'm not assuming that I dodge every 7th hit exactly. It means the odds of dodging a hit is 14%, or basically 1 out of every 7 hits it should process.
                Sure we go through bad streaks. But the odds of it missing 60 straight times is 1 in 10,000. And this is a daily occurrence. It's basically known that they nerfed this astral....just saying that it's a piece of Shitake astral.
                I was running it on Skytrail 2-5 hoping it would save me one hit at least as I'm 1 hit from killing him sometimes.
                You still don't get it. The astral gives you a 14% chance to dodge every time you get hit. Meaning every time you get hit there is a 86% chance you DON'T dodge. Every time the % is the same, you could get 100k hits and not get a dodge, it means you're just unlucky. It's like tossing a coin. Every time you toss there is 50% chance it will land heads or tails, but every time you toss that chance is the same, meaning you can toss it 100 times and it will only land heads. Doesn't mean the percentage is broken, that is how it works.
                IGN: AncientEvil
                Server: EU-271+merged
                Class: Archer
                Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Illusion was broken more than year ago and was op, it got some "fix" with proc rate, how it is now idk since i dont use it any more, but in pvp vs me i have seen it proc only against my chaos rune on 1st hit. Still this is only my observations.
                  THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Every algorithm that decides on a random % based, if working correctly, will get closer to the average as the number of tests increase. The probability that a 14% proc rate astral NOT proccing for 60 turns is (0.86)^60 = 0.000117 which is roughly 0.012%. i.e. only in 12 in 100,000 times should this happen (if the astral was working as intended).

                    This should not be a common occurrence at all and should rather be the rarest of the rare ones.
                    Character Name: hove
                    Class: Knight
                    Level: 74
                    Battle Rating: 109k
                    Honor Rank: Lord Divine
                    Server: Aeria S4

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ancev View Post
                      You still don't get it. The astral gives you a 14% chance to dodge every time you get hit. Meaning every time you get hit there is a 86% chance you DON'T dodge. Every time the % is the same, you could get 100k hits and not get a dodge, it means you're just unlucky. It's like tossing a coin. Every time you toss there is 50% chance it will land heads or tails, but every time you toss that chance is the same, meaning you can toss it 100 times and it will only land heads. Doesn't mean the percentage is broken, that is how it works.
                      Lol...I get it perfectly and use that 86% chance that you don't dodge to calculate the odds that it misses 60, 70, 100,000 times in a row, as there is only 1 combination that produces those results.

                      Sure you have a 50% chance to get heads or tails on each individual flip. But if it lands on heads 100 straight times, (a 1 in 1.267E+30 chance), I will assume that something is wrong with the coin itself and i'm not just the most "unlucky" person in all the universe.

                      Similarly, when everybody here is confirming that the astral has been nerfed and that it doesn't process nearly as much as the value listed, I will assume that we aren't all simply "unlucky" and that your Illusion astral is the only one that works correctly in the game. I will assume the astral sucks and for some unknown reason you just feel the need to claim that yours is perfect.
                      Last edited by CrizzyB; 06-18-2014, 06:20 AM.
                      Lvl 80 Crit Mage, 298K BR, Aegis ***** G.M. Hells-Gate

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Maybe it has just to do with it's name. Illusion. Like it makes you feel secure while you are not. It should confuse the enemy, but unfortunately, seems just to fool it's user...

                        Just read someone on this post even claimed to "just have dodged an un-awaken sylph attack". Which is hillarious as it's the only non-avoidable attack (ignores resistance and can not be dodged).
                        " Strength does not show when we defeat our foes, but when we get defeated and yet we stand to keep fighting " - fragment from Khine's brief speech at her knighting ceremony.


                        Server : S3 (Worg's Lair)
                        Class : Knight
                        Nick : Khine

                        Rank : Puny/Weakling/Decent/Outstanding/Goddess

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by CrizzyB View Post
                          Similarly, when everybody here is confirming that the astral has been nerfed and that it doesn't process nearly as much as the value listed, I will assume that we aren't all simply "unlucky" and that your Illusion astral is the only one that works correctly in the game. I will assume the astral sucks and for some unknown reason you just feel the need to claim that yours is perfect.
                          Who is "everybody" , I said it worked just fine. Nobody is confirming nothing, trust me, you can't confirm anything related to wartune unless you are Antiapartheid or JamesBacmon. Like I said for me Illusion proced just as expected it would, so I can "confirm" it works just fine.
                          IGN: AncientEvil
                          Server: EU-271+merged
                          Class: Archer
                          Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ancev View Post
                            Who is "everybody" , I said it worked just fine. Nobody is confirming nothing, trust me, you can't confirm anything related to wartune unless you are Antiapartheid or JamesBacmon. Like I said for me Illusion proced just as expected it would, so I can "confirm" it works just fine.
                            Everybody is (basically) everybody (but you) in the last 4 threads concerning illusion, some doing hundreds of tests, saying the processing rates were screwed.

                            If nobody is confirming nothing, that means somebody is confirming something.

                            If the only people who can confirm something are Antiapartheid or JamesBacmon, but you "confirm" it works fine, you just joined an elite group.

                            Honestly, if yours is working well for you, more power to you. I wish mine worked even close to the rates it lists.
                            The only time mine seems to work is against weak mobs in mpd, where I would take 1-3k damage normally.
                            Lvl 80 Crit Mage, 298K BR, Aegis ***** G.M. Hells-Gate

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ancev View Post
                              Who is "everybody" , I said it worked just fine. Nobody is confirming nothing, trust me, you can't confirm anything related to wartune unless you are Antiapartheid or JamesBacmon. Like I said for me Illusion proced just as expected it would, so I can "confirm" it works just fine.
                              Define "worked just fine".
                              Does it often work for you in PvPs, especially vs. stronger hits (let's say 20k+)?

                              I've already explained how "awesome" Illusion is for me and most of people in my guild (the rest is just not using Illusion at all :P)
                              The other thread

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X