No announcement yet.

CW matching need some serious tweaking.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CW matching need some serious tweaking.

7 out of 15 rounds vs 80's.. there needs to be some type of lvl check. No one in there 60's should face 80's.

can i laugh on this one?
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

brand new server, we are level 20, and we are matched up to people with level 60+ with 10+ fate in arena

you think class wars will be any better?

Comment

Originally posted by noob9841 View Post
        brand new server, we are level 20, and we are matched up to people with level 60+ with 10+ fate in arena

you think class wars will be any better?
        cant enter class wars till lvl 50

Comment

does not matter who you are matched with even if you beat weak ones you will face strong ones

Comment

I expect to lose some but technically half my matches against 80's since you cant cut a match in half is kinda rediculous.

Comment

its class war, not level war/campers war. It is meant to show the strongest from each class, obviously higher levels are stronger than new players. More questions?
              THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

cw matched by the point you have, so if you said you matched with lvl 80 people 7 of 15 times, it means there are 3 possibilities:
                1) you have high points from keep winning the fights, so you are matched with lvl 80s who also has high points,
                2) you faced level 80's who gained low point because they are weak or missed some battle, or
                3) you are not telling us the the truth.
                Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

I only fought 1 level 60-69 in last class wars, which is frustrating, but I totally understand that this is because I was winning a lot and facing others who won a lot. I take this as a good sign.
                  I'm not one of the top 100 players and I don't expect to get lucky and face 13 level 50-70 players and "luck-out" to get into the finals.
                  To accurately place people in the finals, this is a much better system than before. The pure luck of matchups has been (mostly) removed. The strongest players make it now (ignoring the BR system flaw for top 16).
                  Lvl 80 Crit Mage, 298K BR, Aegis ***** G.M. Hells-Gate

Comment

stop complaining and enjoy the match.
                    i'm level 54 and can beat some 60's and 70's.
                    sure it is nice to face people at my level, but i have bg already.
                    and yes i'm a casher, $5 a month maybe, when 500 recharge event coming (people at bg cant stop call me casher)
                    IGN: Kill Me
                    S-385 (West Coast) - Crimson Lair

Comment

1. You don't understand what that event is. Class Wars are hold to get the strongest players from ALL players. It's obvious that most of 80 level players are stronger than lvl. 60 ones. When you're level 60 and aren't an uber camper+casher who has 150kish BR, don't expect to do good in CW.
                      2. You get matched vs. players who have similar win/lose ratio. I know it may be not the best determinant, especially as a friend who afked whole CW prelims (similar stats to mine) lost only 1 fight more than me. But after all, it's the most fair matching if we're about to find the strongest players only.

Comment

CW isn't fair! Stronger players always win against weaker ones, and older players seem to have an edge over newer players. Let's make it more fair by having prelim rounds and then randomly pick the top 100 regardless of wins or loses. Hence this lotto system ensures that newer players get a chance to enter finals. Better yet, even non cashers are able to get a chance to compete and be cw finalists. =) let's vote on this suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Elitank View Post
                          CW isn't fair! Stronger players always win against weaker ones, and older players seem to have an edge over newer players. Let's make it more fair by having prelim rounds and then randomly pick the top 100 regardless of wins or loses. Hence this lotto system ensures that newer players get a chance to enter finals. Better yet, even non cashers are able to get a chance to compete and be cw finalists. =) let's vote on this suggestion.
                          lets make cw timer based on who has most hp not who does most dmg...

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                            cw matched by the point you have, so if you said you matched with lvl 80 people 7 of 15 times, it means there are 3 possibilities:
                            1) you have high points from keep winning the fights, so you are matched with lvl 80s who also has high points,
                            2) you faced level 80's who gained low point because they are weak or missed some battle, or
                            3) you are not telling us the the truth.
                            i think its more like
                            1)match is completely random
                            2)designed to give sacrificial lambs to level 80 cashers

you are looking for order in a disordered situation. you falsely assume that the matching is point based, but that is obviously false, because as a level 64 with 0 points, i was matched with 3 80s right out of the gate which means the real system is one of my 2 options. it also explains why a 50k br got to the finals last time RANDOM MATCHING

Comment

Go figure... some people can be lv80 and come.... late to CW woooooow shocking? Seen it happen numerous times even within guild, people come late, they have no points, easy matches vs noobs.

Comment

Working...
                              X