No announcement yet.

Does more critical mean more damage ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been wondering about this as well. Somebody in my guild told me that raising your crit number does not increase your crit damage. It just increases your chances of doing crit. She said for every 100, it gives you a 3% chance of critting. If that is the case, why do you see people with 10k+ crit stat?

Comment

Originally posted by R262181389 View Post
      I have been wondering about this as well. Somebody in my guild told me that raising your crit number does not increase your crit damage. It just increases your chances of doing crit. She said for every 100, it gives you a 3% chance of critting. If that is the case, why do you see people with 10k+ crit stat?
      Because she's really really wrong?

Comment

Crit based damage is to variable to test really. I can hit with same skill and crit both times yet the damage amounts can vary as much as 30k (With slyph) and as much as 8-10 k out of slyph mode. What determines crit damage amount ....and why can it be so different for same skill, i dont know. IE arrow strike crit hit 18 k damage..arrow strike crit hit 26 k damage on same target...ummm huh???

Comment

Ok. I did short test to provide some data.
          Had 2.4k crit, 4.5k crit and 6.4k crit.

Did it the way Arlad suggested. I took off my troops and used auto attack on the monster from lvl. 58 mine.
          Important stats: 39.2k MATK, lvl. 9 Determination.
          2.4k crit - 10 critical hits, damage range - 39k to 48k
          4.5k crit - 10 critical hits, damage range - 39k to 47k
          6.4k crit - 10 critical hits, damage range - 38k to 48k

She is wrong for sure.

For purposes of tests I made ~202 hits with LB on my friend mage.
          I had 6.4k crit and my crit rate turned out to be 39-40%.
          Last edited by Caballero1321; 06-23-2014, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Caballero1321 View Post
            Ok. I did short test to provide some data.
            Had 2.4k crit, 4.5k crit and 6.4k crit.

Did it the way Arlad suggested. I took off my troops and used auto attack on the monster from lvl. 58 mine.
            Important stats: 39.2k MATK, lvl. 9 Determination.
            2.4k crit - 10 critical hits, damage range - 39k to 48k
            4.5k crit - 10 critical hits, damage range - 39k to 47k
            6.4k crit - 10 critical hits, damage range - 38k to 48k

She is wrong for sure.

For purposes of tests I made ~202 hits with LB on my friend mage.
            I had 6.4k crit and my crit rate turned out to be 39-40%.
            Going by this post, you are saying it doesn't improve your crit damage. Am I wrong? The damage was the same at 6.4k as it was at 2.4k.

I am not concerned about the chances. I just want to know if it increase the amount of crit damage you do.

Comment

no it does not increase crit damage

Comment

Going by this post, you are saying it doesn't improve your crit damage. Am I wrong? The damage was the same at 6.4k as it was at 2.4k.

I am not concerned about the chances. I just want to know if it increase the amount of crit damage you do.
                Yes, it means no matter if I had 2.4k crit or 6.4k crit, my critical hit dmg was still the same.
                While doing tests I dealt 10 critical hits per every tested amount of crit value.

Comment

Sad to know this, im sure i saw my crit dmg increced but i'll have to run a test aswell if i have time...lol if not that test seems prety comclusive
                  R2-S426 Redwicky (merged)
                  Archer Linkoneusc
                  Legion Guild

1+1=3

Comment

Originally posted by Setsuna88 View Post
                    no it does not increase crit damage
                    Whether higher crit increases damage or not is debateable. Personally I reduced critical from over 9k to under 6k and noticed no difference in damage! As there never was any official details re the crit forumula released, it is to a degree speculation exactly what that formula is!

Also if you are a knight or archer with maybe 6k crit, what you might lose IF there is any gain by having crit gems to increase critical, is negated to an extent if you put them in mdef, by taking less damage from mages and magic sylphs!

My own feeling is that I can see no reason whatsoever why we can't be advised officially exactly what the critical formula is to avoid any misunderstandings. Then all players can decide exactly whether or not to use gems and astrals beyond a certain point, based on fact, not speculation! - Howie
                    Last edited by Howie1; 06-24-2014, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X