No announcement yet.

wow cw sad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, if you bleed to death on the same attack you kill an enemy, you take the loss. While both powers go off, it's the bleed that resolves 1st. Deflection is the same way.

Comment

@Zorich: Consuming flames doesn't "stack" upon itself, but it does refresh the duration. Consuming flames will stack with a bleed that is based upon the target's max HP % (blood rune or firestorm), so you can only have 2 sources (unconfirmed if the new Cerberus Special DoT can stack as well, however) of bleed damage present on a target at a given time (one being "capped", one being "un-capped" for ceiling damage). The "un-capped" bleeds currently in the game are: Archer's Poison Arrow, Hades' Sinister Rot Skill, Amazon Queen's Consuming Flames skill. The "capped" (have a maximum possible damage value per tick) bleeds currently in the game are: Blood Rune, Hades' Delphic - Engulf, Knight's Talent for Whirlwind, Amazon Queen's Firestorm, Cerberus's Blistering Flame (unconfirmed if it belongs here). Basically, you can have 1 type of bleed from each category in effect at the same time. Now, as to how the game prioritizes which skills over-write the others and which get ignored if another is present, I leave that to you to figure out since it's a bit complicated (for instance: if a blood rune is present on an enemy, even if it's duration is 1 turn remaining and that enemy gets hit with any other skill from its category -excluding another blood rune-, the DoT effect will not overwrite blood rune and will go wasted without refreshing the duration). Of course, this is how I BELEIVE the system is intended to be working, but I recall back when you couldn't stack blood rune with consuming flames (in essence, blood rune initially prevented the consuming flames DoT), and occasionally following certain patches it tends to revert back to this pattern for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
        Also, if you bleed to death on the same attack you kill an enemy, you take the loss. While both powers go off, it's the bleed that resolves 1st. Deflection is the same way.
        Not always the case. If you die to a bleed, you wouldn't deal any damage on your turn, simply bleed out and collapse. Additionally, I've died to a deflect and still won many times. Have also died while deflect-killing an opponent and lost on a rare occasion. I THINK: when double-kills occur as a result of deflects, the victor is determined by who has taken the least damage beyond 0 HP, but the deflect value upon the attacker goes as if it is "uncapped" which explains why it very heavily favors the deflector over the attacker.

Comment

Originally posted by SinnedWill View Post
          Not always the case. If you die to a bleed, you wouldn't deal any damage on your turn, simply bleed out and collapse. Additionally, I've died to a deflect and still won many times. Have also died while deflect-killing an opponent and lost on a rare occasion. I THINK: when double-kills occur as a result of deflects, the victor is determined by who has taken the least damage beyond 0 HP, but the deflect value upon the attacker goes as if it is "uncapped" which explains why it very heavily favors the deflector over the attacker.
          That seems to be the case for what I have experienced as well. Did some testing yesterday and had this result. Do you know if this uncapped damage is considered true damage beyond 0 HP or would the attacker's defenses/resistances be taken into account?

side note: I am annoyed by deflection astrals... hitting someone with my hades for 24k damage and getting reflected for 50k
          FinalHC
          Kabam - S39/S6
          (Mage lvl.80 ~172k BR)

Comment

Ty great info makes me feel better and dumber lol. Great response and ty all..Well maybe next time since I got 3 org upgradeable sylphs muahahahaha which to use...

Comment

Originally posted by FinalHC View Post
              That seems to be the case for what I have experienced as well. Did some testing yesterday and had this result. Do you know if this uncapped damage is considered true damage beyond 0 HP or would the attacker's defenses/resistances be taken into account?

side note: I am annoyed by deflection astrals... hitting someone with my hades for 24k damage and getting reflected for 50k
              Not certain on the math or what it does to determine the victor. I'm assuming it's based upon displayed damage, and yes the biggest factor in that situation is exactly what you're annoyed over. Deflected damage values are determined based upon raw damage rolls before % modifiers from Goddess' Blessing Astral/PvP damage reduction modifiers, class modifier (for knights), and talent damage reduction values factor in, so usually around level 6 (60%) deflection astral, the damage deflected is greater than the amount of damage taken. This was pointed out to the support team long ago, but they claim that it's functioning as intended.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                I've learned that runes like Chaos and Amnesia really aren't useful against good players in a CW setup. I personally giggle whenever someone leads with a L10 Chaos against me. It's pointless. And even a well-timed Amnesia is easily averted if you're anticipating it on awaken. People who use Amnesia on their enemy's awaken are shorting themselves a bleed on the enemy that can add up to 30k+ damage fast.

My personal advice to you (and this will annoy Kel - sorry Kel) is that you're the powerhouse of the Mages on the East Coast. You don't need to shut off an enemy's skills to win. Don't be fancy or tricky - just use brute force.
                Have to admit, I was very impressed by how useless my chaos rune was with your technique in our finals match. Won't give away your strategy, but I might steal it in the future, hehe.

Comment

Puri rune is all you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowrat View Post
                    Puri rune is all you need.
                    mages can't use puri rune , u cupcake!
                    Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Working...
                    X