Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Arena matching idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They could make a lvl-BR room system... by example: a team that has lvl50 42k BR, a lvl45 50k BR and a lvl60 78k BR will be a lvl155 - 170k BR team and will be matched with teams with alike lvl and BR.
    R2-S426 Redwicky (merged)
    Archer Linkoneusc
    Legion Guild

1+1=3

Comment

Umm... Maybe it's just my server (Tatun Stronghold), but the arena matches don't appear to be based on BR or Level. In fact they seem to be completely and utterly randomized.

Please tell me how three level 28/29s with around 6-7k BR are matched against three level 50s+ with ten times as much BR? 12/15 runs were like this. And I don't believe the system was so short of appropriate matches that they would just put us with 'anyone available'.

Don't get the wrong idea, I know we'd still be a weak team even against players of our own level. But seriously, the system doesn't even give a fair chance.

Comment

Originally posted by picklejuicy View Post
        You match based on the largest player, not the sum of the players.
        Agreed.

Originally posted by picklejuicy View Post
        Using BR in arena would work, but not in battleground. In BG, you could remove your sylph/equipment/astrals to drop your BR, then put them back on once you are in your matched room. Unless they disable all the icons on the bottom except exit from battleground.
        Make the BR check happen at BG entry, and combat initiation. Failing players get kicked out automatically into the 5 min escape period.
        Last edited by oojar4; 06-29-2014, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GimmeCat View Post
          Umm... Maybe it's just my server (Tatun Stronghold), but the arena matches don't appear to be based on BR or Level. In fact they seem to be completely and utterly randomized.

Please tell me how three level 28/29s with around 6-7k BR are matched against three level 50s+ with ten times as much BR? 12/15 runs were like this. And I don't believe the system was so short of appropriate matches that they would just put us with 'anyone available'.

Don't get the wrong idea, I know we'd still be a weak team even against players of our own level. But seriously, the system doesn't even give a fair chance.
          i saw the same yesterday in my server, my team lvl64 all of us with 74k+/- BR everyone were matched with another team from our server that were lvl44- the strongest was the lvl44 player with 43k BR, the others 2 were lower than lvl40 and way weaker. So, something is not working as it should or this must be a bad joke... i know that in case no match was found for you, then you get matched ramdomly but this is cupcake... R2 should make a ghost systems like the ones you find in MPD for making a fair matching in case no match could be found for your team.
          R2-S426 Redwicky (merged)
          Archer Linkoneusc
          Legion Guild

1+1=3

Comment

Originally posted by Linkoneusc View Post
            R2 should make a ghost systems like the ones you find in MPD for making a fair matching in case no match could be found for your team.
            I don't play GA, but i like this. If no match can be found just make a mirror AI team
            THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Working...
            X