Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Split the arena into brackets like battlegrounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split the arena into brackets like battlegrounds

Well like my title suggests lets put the arena into brackets.

While there are people who will say nay and some who say aye I will explain my reasoning for this.

When a server opens up you have said (x) amounts of players who join.
    They all start leveling and soon you have a good many 3x and maybe a couple 4x.
    Now when arena opens you have said 4x pairing up to just take a easy win every time (usually inside a single guild) in wich all they have to do is notify one another when they enter/exit and they will not be paired against each other.

I honestly like that idea because its smart but its also broken.

Now you have all these other 3x randomly joining parties and a couple who actually form a decent part together. But wait here comes the 4x.
    Now the 4x just blow through the 3x like its nothing. And because of how the 4x are playing, they will never pair against themselves but only weaker players (sometimes a couple strong players from different rival guilds)

As things move along you have the 3x soon rise to 4x and maybe a few from that top guild rise into the 5x. Now the newer players who are just reaching 3x are completely slaughtered by the 5x and 4x. And the problem only stems farther from there.

Soon the 5x are reaching massive amounts of medals compared to other players and the lower players are stuck rocking back and forth when paired against these high players.
    --------------------------------------

Now note. There is a implement in the game about the current battle ranking being paired with similar battle rankings (so I've heard)
    So by doing that you would think that you would just be paired evenly. Well its not as simple as that.

I do see where it goes so 3x-4x-5x-6x-7x can actually compete against players and earn medals (not have to wait forever to have the lowbies catch up) but it also makes it really hard for the players who only had a slight gap to now catch the people earning medals and gear / taking the top PvP spots and gaining a HUGE daru/gold advantage over other players, thus making them stronger yet again and pushing that gap, making it really hard to close till (bing lvl 80) which I should say is a VERY, VERY, VERYYYYY long ways away.

I would love to also have some other people's feedback on how it could be implemented as so it is to not take away from the higher level players when they would have no one to go up against.

Maybe Bot's should be randomized in some situations to face them with equal equipment if there are x few people in arena? I don't know but I would like to get some thoughts rolling on this to see if there is anything that could be done.
    Yes I like this Idea alot!
    50.00%
    Well it has some value and I could see this happening with some improvement.
    20.00%
    I think this is fine, but I have things to add.
    0.00%
    I think its fine the way it is.
    30.00%

Originally posted by xVinylScratchx View Post
    Well like my title suggests lets put the arena into brackets.

While there are people who will say nay and some who say aye I will explain my reasoning for this.

When a server opens up you have said (x) amounts of players who join.
    They all start leveling and soon you have a good many 3x and maybe a couple 4x.
    Now when arena opens you have said 4x pairing up to just take a easy win every time (usually inside a single guild) in wich all they have to do is notify one another when they enter/exit and they will not be paired against each other.

I honestly like that idea because its smart but its also broken.

Now you have all these other 3x randomly joining parties and a couple who actually form a decent part together. But wait here comes the 4x.
    Now the 4x just blow through the 3x like its nothing. And because of how the 4x are playing, they will never pair against themselves but only weaker players (sometimes a couple strong players from different rival guilds)

As things move along you have the 3x soon rise to 4x and maybe a few from that top guild rise into the 5x. Now the newer players who are just reaching 3x are completely slaughtered by the 5x and 4x. And the problem only stems farther from there.

Soon the 5x are reaching massive amounts of medals compared to other players and the lower players are stuck rocking back and forth when paired against these high players.

Now note. There is a implement in the game about the current battle ranking being paired with similar battle rankings (so I've heard)
    So by doing that you would think that you would just be paired evenly. Well its not as simple as that.

I do see where it goes so 3x-4x-5x-6x-7x can actually compete against players and earn medals (not have to wait forever to have the lowbies catch up) but it also makes it really hard for the players who only had a slight gap to now catch the people earning medals and gear / taking the top PvP spots and gaining a HUGE daru/gold advantage over other players, thus making them stronger yet again and pushing that gap, making it really hard to close till (bing lvl 80) which I should say is a VERY, VERY, VERYYYYY long ways away.

I would love to also have some other people's feedback on how it could be implemented as so it is to not take away from the higher level players when they would have no one to go up against.

Maybe Bot's should be randomized in some situations to face them with equal equipment if there are x few people in arena? I don't know but I would like to get some thoughts rolling on this to see if there is anything that could be done.
    Fine as it is
    this kinda ideas are also available in CS like please split sengo into level groups
    i answered the same reply
    If u lose then ur not strong enough just get strong and u will win
    Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
    [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Hyorinmaru6 View Post
      Fine as it is
      this kinda ideas are also available in CS like please split sengo into level groups
      i answered the same reply
      If u lose then ur not strong enough just get strong and u will win
      Well that in turn is the problem now isn't it? If you keep losing, and the winners keep winning, they get stronger and leave you in the dust.
      lvl 35 geared team vs 30 non pvp geared teams, the 35 keeps winning 3's while the others lose and get 1.
      The 35 team doesnt loose one round, lets say, and wins 50 matches. They get 150 insignia's (50 is low)
      the 30 team wins 10 and loses 40. They get 70 insignia's.

Total set is 300+500+700+900 = 2400insignia's
      Team 1 needs - 16 plays.
      Team 2 needs - 35 (roughly) plays.

Thats over double the time for the lowers to catch up to the highers.

Now the highers are 2x faster at getting the items, this means:
      1) they get further into crypts
      2) They do better on World boss
      3) They dominate battlegrounds (getting x honor and now getting the medallions)

So now they are also getting more:
      1)daru
      2)gold
      3)crypt items (gems and equipment)

Comment

Originally posted by xVinylScratchx View Post
        Well that in turn is the problem now isn't it? If you keep losing, and the winners keep winning, they get stronger and leave you in the dust.
        lvl 35 geared team vs 30 non pvp geared teams, the 35 keeps winning 3's while the others lose and get 1.
        The 35 team doesnt loose one round, lets say, and wins 50 matches. They get 150 insignia's (50 is low)
        the 30 team wins 10 and loses 40. They get 70 insignia's.

Total set is 300+500+700+900 = 2400insignia's
        Team 1 needs - 16 plays.
        Team 2 needs - 35 (roughly) plays.

Thats over double the time for the lowers to catch up to the highers.

Now the highers are 2x faster at getting the items, this means:
        1) they get further into crypts
        2) They do better on World boss
        3) They dominate battlegrounds (getting x honor and now getting the medallions)

So now they are also getting more:
        1)daru
        2)gold
        3)crypt items (gems and equipment)
        and thats the main reason there are new servers so the ones who have a hard time getting stronger will get a chance to start from scratch and this time they get to be strong

But its a total waste of time to start over !!
        well its worth it
        Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

MY GUIDES:

Comment

*bump*.....

Comment

Fine as it is,

if people having such a hard time then join a guild thats helpfull, like the guild im in if someone is in need of the pvp gear then we just put that person with 2 of the higher members or sometimes even one, this way the person gets the insignias that he/she needs at a fairly quick pace,

and yep they could also start over in a new server and could become strong.

Comment

Originally posted by IronSights View Post
              Fine as it is,

if people having such a hard time then join a guild thats helpfull, like the guild im in if someone is in need of the pvp gear then we just put that person with 2 of the higher members or sometimes even one, this way the person gets the insignias that he/she needs at a fairly quick pace,

and yep they could also start over in a new server and could become strong.
              yeah but thats not how it always happens but yes i agree 100% joining a good guild where its good to be is good

I am a 100% Noob

MY GUIDES:

Comment

Working...
              X