Wager System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wager System

OK so Ive been looking and i see a good few people are saying "we need a Pvp area" in the forums. I thought about it... and it doesn't seem like it would really be fair. So, my idea is a wager system implemented in the the wilds. The rules are simple, No troops, no runes, and the other player must be within 5 lvls of yourself. You could just add a wager button at the top next to attack, you could gather with groups of people for your own tournaments, or just have fun with friends. Think about it, its fair, its miniscule coding, and best of all it works itself out as far as fairness and game mechanics go. So please give it some thought it really would add a lot to the game with little work and just one interface, and a small icon at the top right. Please say "aye" if you are in favor. If we get enough votes they should at least look at it i would hope.

Thank you in advance R2 games.
    Please just say what you want, good or bad.
    Last edited by alucard21893; 09-30-2012, 01:49 PM.

Originally posted by alucard21893 View Post
    OK so Ive been looking and i see a good few people are saying "we need a Pvp area" in the forums. I thought about it... and it doesn't seem like it would really be fair. So, my idea is a wager system implemented in the the wilds. The rules are simple, No troops, no runes, and the other player must be within 5 lvls of yourself. You could just add a wager button at the top next to attack, you could gather with groups of people for your own tournaments, or just have fun with friends. Think about it, its fair, its miniscule coding, and best of all it works itself out as far as fairness and game mechanics go. So please give it some thought it really would add a lot to the game with little work and just one interface, and a small icon at the top right. Please say "aye" if you are in favor. If we get enough votes they should at least look at it i would hope.

The wilds is a place for picking gold quarry (gold mines)
    Plundering other cities (players)
    killing mobs for daru and treasure chest for equipment and other items
    not for tournaments
    This would be more suited if it was in arena or in another battleground not in wilds
    Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
    [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

yes, but there is no way of actually getting someones gold, you gain but they dont lose if you plunder, and attacking someone has no reward at all. It would add another level of competitiveness, since you are actually losing something when you lose. There wouldn't be an attack option if you weren't supposed to attack people. My idea is to add to that function, not a complete overhaul. It is actually do-able and easily achieved, a new arena would require more artwork and effort than a small change like this. We need a better way of comparing power, battle grounds almost does that but the goal is to get more materials. Also the wagers would only commence if both people agree, so your not just forced into an assault you dont have control of. Also, its not meant for tournaments, just saying you could devise your own if you wanted, it would be 1v1 Pvp just like the attack function but for something you slightly gain from at a price you decide with the other player. Its not even an event idea or anything like that, just a feature improvement. Thanks for the input.
      Last edited by alucard21893; 09-28-2012, 09:23 PM.

Comment

As it stands the attack feature is pointless. All you do i find someone walking, attack them no matter the lvl and they have to go back to where their city is. No rewards, no kind of rank type stat increase, its just for attacking. If you ask me it should already be part of the game, or just get rid of the roaming player attacking function altogether. I said what i have to say in more detail, so please people leave replies.

EDIT: also if you didn't already know about the attack function its at the top right in wilds, this is not about plunders.
        Last edited by alucard21893; 09-28-2012, 01:38 AM.

Comment

hhhhmmmm it sounds fun atacking other players but only if the other person agrees becaus else it would become a bother to
          ppl who don`t want it but i vote aye

Comment

Actually I like this idea. It will have you more fun with other players or friends.
            alucard21893, please update your idea with more particulars more details, we will think about it.
            Ok, I'm muted, so.... please use sign language.
            Thanks

Comment

this does sound interesting, it can also maybe be another feature where the rewards could be honor points
              giving game one last chance :

guild leader : endangered
              server 164 brighthollow
              class : archer
              current level : 54
              favorite title : Balenor's Number One Guild Master

Comment

OK, here are the details, obviously open to change.

Payout amounts: If both players are the same level the max wager can be 10k gold, one level apart 9k gold, two levels apart 8k gold, and so on untill the 5 lvl apart cap

Level requirements: Must be lv 25 or more to use this function.

Preferably no runes: This is due to the fact someone can be one or a few levels higher and could in turn have better Runes than the other person, also the other person could have no runes at all to use at the time.

Counter: Example: when the interface comes up asking the wager amount it says your wins and losses under your name(not important to the concept of my idea though).

That's about it unless asked for more details. I really appreciate the support.
                Last edited by alucard21893; 09-28-2012, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dethmatic View Post
                  this does sound interesting, it can also maybe be another feature where the rewards could be honor points
                  It will be a purpose for players doing this, good one.
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dethmatic View Post
                    While i'm trying to keep it very simple that is a decent idea if done in very smalls amounts, wouldn't want people to exploit honor gain with friends.

Comment

Appreciate your idea, I'll refer it to the PRO team.
                      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by R2CS_Coco View Post
                        Appreciate your idea, I'll refer it to the PRO team.
                        Thanks much.

Comment

Preferably no runes or troops: This is due to the fact someone can be one or a few levels higher and could in turn have better troops. No runes for the same reason. A true test of an actual player and his own character based stats.
                          Wartune is hybrid mmorpg game..If no troops..Class like mage will be killed in secs..Huge unbalance..Hmm..
                          IGN : AwakenedOne
                          Class : Knight
                          Server : Forest of Doom

"The only important moment in your life is "NOW"- Ekchart Tolle -..The moment u looking at this word is "NOW"..~ <3
                          Wartune is a browser game to play for fun..Why so serious ?

Comment

Originally posted by nofuluk View Post
                            Wartune is hybrid mmorpg game..If no troops..Class like mage will be killed in secs..Huge unbalance..Hmm..
                            That is a valid point, that is also not a huge deal as far as my concept goes but now that you say something.... maybe just no runes, but keep the troops. Thanks for the input. Keep it coming.

EDIT: Ill change it now.

Comment

-1 to a wager system
                              This would invite a way for 3rd parties to make profit off this game and for players to make multiple accounts to spam gold to main...

Comment

Working...
                              X