No announcement yet.

Why do we get no info about this game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do we get no info about this game?

People quit this game for a lot of reasons, but more and more it seems like the underlying cause is R2's seeming reluctance to communicate with their player base. Here are a couple examples of things that are pushing more and more people, including heavy cashers, away from the game:

1. Evolve Sylphs: This should be a good thing. New content, new sylphs, yay! But instead people across the board are angry. Why? R2 gives us no idea what the new skills are, so some people manage to track down a post on a non R2 website somewhere, but many others plug along and find out their new evolved sylph sucks. When you roll out evolved sylphs R2, you should absolutely have information about all the new abilities, as well as a write up on where you think that sylph fits in the game (Herc = massive single target dmg and we have added some interesting new abilities, for example). Making us go out and research websites in China or elsewhere is a bad customer experience.

2. Timelines: Whether light or heavy casher, people equate surprises with R2 being greedy. No communication about why Hades/Apollo weren't included in the original patch = people assume you want us to evolve the basic sylphs first and then get us for the Hades/Apollo later. If you would communicate to people even a rough timeframe on when we can expect the second set of sylphs, people could decide how to spend their money in a way that makes them want to keep playing. Instead we have people like Darkstorm (and many others) who feel like this is just R2 being greedy, and you lose more players.

3. Free players and Light cashers: Hundreds of post all over these forums about how R2 screws players who don't cash heavily. This actually isn't true. I have a heavy cash character and another that I spend about $10/month on. I get an amazing amount of free stuff every month from R2 in the form of events where all I have to do is my basic dungeons, arenas, just be online and I get free stuff. But R2 doesn't communicate with the player base, so the perception is that light cashers get nothing. You're just shooting yourself in the foot here R2.

4. Bad info on game mechanics: Amnesia rune doesn't work as described in the tooltip. Chaos rune is horribly misleading based on the tooltip. People spend lots of time/money to improve themselves in this game and then find out it's wasted because R2 doesn't know how to write a tooltip.

5. A final word - people will spend money on this game, lots of it, but not for things that we think should be free. Gouging people for inventory space is a huge customer sat issue. Making people play the roulette wheel to get the Sylph skills they want after they evolve a sylph because we can't pick and choose what to replace is a huge customer sat issue.

You may think you have a business model that's working, but whatever profit you're making now could be a hell of a lot higher if you would learn to communicate with your players...

Good post, and quite true. With only a little bit of effort, they could make a lot more money as well as keeping the player base playing/growing. Instead, they seem to lean towards some cheap gimmicks and indifference that drives satisfaction down and players away.

On a side note, it's not just R2. This is across all providers of Wartune. Maybe that's why they don't care as much. They license the game out and the hosts don't do anything significant to push the developers to make any changes for the better.
    Lvl 80 Crit Mage, 298K BR, Aegis ***** G.M. Hells-Gate

Comment

i like this post this is very true Ravenesk

Comment

great post, it's worth giving positive reputation.
        Originally posted by Wraithraiser
        Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenesk View Post
          People quit this game for a lot of reasons, but more and more it seems like the underlying cause is R2's seeming reluctance to communicate with their player base. Here are a couple examples of things that are pushing more and more people, including heavy cashers, away from the game:

1. Evolve Sylphs: This should be a good thing. New content, new sylphs, yay! But instead people across the board are angry. Why? R2 gives us no idea what the new skills are, so some people manage to track down a post on a non R2 website somewhere, but many others plug along and find out their new evolved sylph sucks. When you roll out evolved sylphs R2, you should absolutely have information about all the new abilities, as well as a write up on where you think that sylph fits in the game (Herc = massive single target dmg and we have added some interesting new abilities, for example). Making us go out and research websites in China or elsewhere is a bad customer experience.

2. Timelines: Whether light or heavy casher, people equate surprises with R2 being greedy. No communication about why Hades/Apollo weren't included in the original patch = people assume you want us to evolve the basic sylphs first and then get us for the Hades/Apollo later. If you would communicate to people even a rough timeframe on when we can expect the second set of sylphs, people could decide how to spend their money in a way that makes them want to keep playing. Instead we have people like Darkstorm (and many others) who feel like this is just R2 being greedy, and you lose more players.

3. Free players and Light cashers: Hundreds of post all over these forums about how R2 screws players who don't cash heavily. This actually isn't true. I have a heavy cash character and another that I spend about $10/month on. I get an amazing amount of free stuff every month from R2 in the form of events where all I have to do is my basic dungeons, arenas, just be online and I get free stuff. But R2 doesn't communicate with the player base, so the perception is that light cashers get nothing. You're just shooting yourself in the foot here R2.

4. Bad info on game mechanics: Amnesia rune doesn't work as described in the tooltip. Chaos rune is horribly misleading based on the tooltip. People spend lots of time/money to improve themselves in this game and then find out it's wasted because R2 doesn't know how to write a tooltip.

5. A final word - people will spend money on this game, lots of it, but not for things that we think should be free. Gouging people for inventory space is a huge customer sat issue. Making people play the roulette wheel to get the Sylph skills they want after they evolve a sylph because we can't pick and choose what to replace is a huge customer sat issue.

You may think you have a business model that's working, but whatever profit you're making now could be a hell of a lot higher if you would learn to communicate with your players...
          +1 very well said.

Comment

Estoy muy de acuerdo!!! Es un post muy completo y al punto... comunicacion, donde no hay comunicacion el fracazo hace su nido.
            R2-S426 Redwicky (merged)
            Archer Linkoneusc
            Legion Guild

1+1=3

Comment

It's R2...

the same guys that removed SC and Whip events from list and had all other publisher do so too...

Kongregate used to place up ALL event ( no hiddens or surprises ) like 2~3 weeks before event time, but now don't because they were told not to.
              Last edited by anichaos; 07-02-2014, 11:12 AM.

Comment

100 % agree with above post

Comment

People have been saying this from day one. R2 knows nothing about customer service. The lack of customer service or communication is by far the biggest flaw in any business. Businesses are nothing without their customers, thus customer service and communication is vital to any business strategy. Even the lowest or most simplistic free to play mmo games, as long as they have customer service and customer communication, can do extremely well and last a long time. One example of this concept is some of the facebook games that dont have alot of actual game play because is simply click to attack, such as games by 5th planet games. Their games may be very simplistic, but you can actually talk with devs directly while playing the game. IT is this type of communication that has kept the game going for 4 years and still growing.

With that said, part of the problem is R2 leases the game from proficient city, so R2 already shows they lower their customer communication because they aren't the ones in control of content.
                  Last edited by R213851827; 07-02-2014, 11:36 AM.

Comment

The worst thing is that R2 doesn't allow threads about future content in China. There were several closed threads, because they were considered "speculations" and had "nothing" to do with current version. This I would say is the biggest problem because not only do we not get any complete info regarding content, we aren't even allowed to share info.
                    Why? Well information is power. If everyone knew what to expect, maybe players would spend more wisely. so less profit.
                    Just my 2 cents. And since I know R2 staff reads forum, I do expect a not so interesting development of this thread.
                    IGN: AncientEvil
                    Server: EU-271+merged
                    Class: Archer
                    Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

Originally posted by anichaos View Post
                      It's R2...

the same guys that removed SC and Whip events from list and had all other publisher do so too...

Kongregate used to place up ALL event ( no hiddens or surprises ) like 2~3 weeks before event time, but now don't because they were told not to.
                      actually r2 cant decide anything

Comment

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
                        actually r2 cant decide anything
                        I know,

however R2 was the only publisher that was hiding events WAY before any of the publishers do...

This includes Proficient City (main publisher)... where Proficient City places up Events 2~3 weeks ahead of time, than Kongregate followed. Where as R2 only place it up 1 week ahead of time, sometimes even less than a week.

And now... all other publisher is following R2's example and only place up events 1 week ahead of time and is hiding a lot of events without telling anyone about it so we all have to guess.

IE: Next Gem event, is it going to be Limited or Unlimited? no one knows until it's actually RELEASED (which is like 0 day ahead of time announcement event, unless you count in "Oceanic" but to them it's still 0 day.)

Comment

R2 suck no mather what they do. They do not explain.

Just becouse of stupedity from this publisher, I moved to Aeria games week ago. Just looking what kinda **** goes here.

Comment

Originally posted by anichaos View Post

IE: Next Gem event, is it going to be Limited or Unlimited? no one knows until it's actually RELEASED (which is like 0 day ahead of time announcement event, unless you count in "Oceanic" but to them it's still 0 day.)
                            Knowing Gem Events can be unlimited now, you would think the sensible thing to do would be to upgrade/participate ONLY when an unlimited Gem Event is on. But nope, you get those people that for some reason want to participate in limited events and basically squander away 100s/1000s of SC/Gem Packs/Whips/whatnot. That is how dumb the playing community is in general.

Comment

S100 people quiting becouse we have a racist some spam world chat and pm with negativ stuff to everybody white, black people we all be spammed with bad comments.
                              And that is not allowed in R2Games TOS but everybody has make a ticket, make a forum threed, them just close the threed and ingore tickets and let the new Adolf Hittler be ablet to spam more and noting happens.

No people wanna feel ofended when them play a game a game should be fun and play not just get bad comments frome some people and his alts.

R2Games can take thire TOS and shut it up in thire ******* becouse them dosent even follow it so i dont even know why them has a TOS.
                              Character - Taggen
                              Server - S100 Goulpass Keep
                              Class - Archer
                              Battle Rating -2.4M BR
                              Slyph - Orange Electro, Light, Dark
                              Highest CW ranking - 26th

Comment

Working...
                              X