Alternate way

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate way

So I made a thread previously because UGC was getting cancelled. There are alot of people with an unverified paypal out there (including me ofcourse). I used to buy the UGC cards off offgamers.com but now they don't have it. And every time I try to recharge with my paypal directly it refuses. So can you please come up with an alternative solution cus I've missed alot of events because of this issue. Thanks

Name:Illuminatic
    Server:
    250 Willow Brook
    Character: Mage
    Level: 64
    Battle Rating: 103,722
    Guild: OverKill

Originally posted by Illuminatic-S250 View Post
    So I made a thread previously because UGC was getting cancelled. There are alot of people with an unverified paypal out there (including me ofcourse). I used to buy the UGC cards off offgamers.com but now they don't have it. And every time I try to recharge with my paypal directly it refuses. So can you please come up with an alternative solution cus I've missed alot of events because of this issue. Thanks
    Agreed that thread previously concerning UGC was deleted unfairly... i have unverified paypal as well but i have missed a lot of events because of this unfair deleting thread issue. Please help.

Comment

AntiAsdfgh broke a new record. Less than 3 hours since his quitting announcement and he already returned. Just quit already!

Comment

You can either verify your paypal account or get some $ in your paypal in order to waste them here
        Spamming the forums with many threads will not make you wise.

Comment

Agreeing with the need of some alternate way of payment, as I've been tagged with a cybersource error for the past 3 weeks. They used to accept my card, they still do for vip however, I've tried 99% of the other options foreign and domestic with no luck at being able to recharge. I've tried even filing a ticket about the matter but once I've filled out the form, and go to select the capcha icon on r2's site, it says error even if I'm selecting the cherry if it asked for it. (And yes I've tried selecting all the other icons with the same result).

Edit and if a mod responds to this, I've tried multiple different browsers/clearing cache & cookies etc.
          S435 Witchlight bluffs
          Valest [Guild: Valhalla] 212,000 BR Lv80-5.5 Imperial Dragon Knight (13k crit)
          39k BR *Hercules

Comment

Originally posted by AntiApartheid View Post
            Agreed that thread previously concerning UGC was deleted unfairly... i have unverified paypal as well but i have missed a lot of events because of this unfair deleting thread issue. Please help.
            Stop spreading false information. His previous thread was not deleted.
            "The trolls of the Ramtops call her Aaoograha hoa ("She Who Must Be Avoided")
            and the dwarf name for her, K'ez'rek d'b'duz, translates to "Go Around the Other Side of the Mountain."

On holiday. Please refer any issues to

Comment

Why is your paypal unverified? It's pretty easy to do, they even send you some pennies to send them back, so doesn't cost you a thing if you hook it up to your bank account. If you don't have a bank account, or a credit card, you can get a prepaid credit card and use that, or even a store card like a walmart card, they're supposed to be pretty easy to get.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfireflygirl View Post
                Why is your paypal unverified? It's pretty easy to do, they even send you some pennies to send them back, so doesn't cost you a thing if you hook it up to your bank account. If you don't have a bank account, or a credit card, you can get a prepaid credit card and use that, or even a store card like a walmart card, they're supposed to be pretty easy to get.
                My paypal is verified, and I use it for every other transaction on the internet. Yet for some reason it gets rejected when I try to buy Balens with it.

I mean.. heck I use the paypal to BUY UGC cards, and it works fine..

Comment

Okay, Adiroit, you can try this next time:

Go to Go to store.r2games.com, close the playspan payment popup, and select paypal from the list. It processes as R2GAMES LIMITED Co.

If you try to go through Playspan, it may block your payment attempt because of it's really strict security. This could be something as simple as your ip showing you in a different country as you're signed up with, or showing that your ip was used to recharge a different account. Maybe you tried to recharge more than was in your account, and then tried again with a smaller number but didn't wait long enough. Maybe your pattern of recharging suddenly changed and you're trying to recharge for an outrageous amount when you've only done small amounts previously, any of these things can flag it. They're very strict. In any case, if you try and fail ten times, it blocks you for 48 hours from trying again. I'd just skip playspan and recharge directly in the store closing the playspan button. (but if you're in that 48 hour ban, you should wait till it finishes, trying during a temp block can get you permanently blocked, which is difficult if not impossible to get removed.

I would also contact Paypal to update your info if it's changed, just to make sure everything on your end checks out when next you try.

A helpful cupcake sent me this link that may explain things even better! http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....thout-Playspan
                  Last edited by Greenfireflygirl; 07-03-2014, 11:20 AM.

Comment

I live in Egypt. If I link a bank account, I won't be able to receive money. And then again they require a bank account, a visa, or a credit card which I can not get my hands on easily. I do have a virtual visa card (Bancore) but it won't allow me to deposit money on it so I can actually use 2$ required for paypal verification.
                    Originally posted by Greenfireflygirl View Post

Server:
                    250 Willow Brook

Comment

We'll know more about a replacement for the UGC closer to when they close down. We hope another company will spring up and be as available as UGC was, but again, we have to wait and see. Unfortunately, it's not up to R2 because R2 uses a third party payment processor.

Egypt has something similar to a UGC though. OneCard looks like it's available at physical locations in the north east, and can be purchased online. Perhaps you can check them out and see if that will suit you while we all wait to see what takes the place of UGC. Their site is here: https://www.onecard.net/customer/distributors.html
                      New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

that's pretty expensive (compared to the amount I'm getting).
                        Isn't there anything cheaper?
                        Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                        We'll know more about a replacement for the UGC closer to when they close down. We hope another company will spring up and be as available as UGC was, but again, we have to wait and see. Unfortunately, it's not up to R2 because R2 uses a third party payment processor.

Egypt has something similar to a UGC though. OneCard looks like it's available at physical locations in the north east, and can be purchased online. Perhaps you can check them out and see if that will suit you while we all wait to see what takes the place of UGC. Their site is here: https://www.onecard.net/customer/distributors.html

Server:
                        250 Willow Brook

Comment

CashU, I know nothing about, and their site is not user friendly for just looking around- www.cashu.com
                          uKash is pretty much the same as OneCard, they even list them as a source to buy from on their site.

You could check Western Union's fees on their site at https://www.westernunion.com by clicking the Price Estimator links at the top of the page.

And, if you're wondering, I'm just looking under the More Choices tab in the Playspan payment window for options in Egypt and then using Google to find the sites for more information. If none of these work for you and you can't get something like a prepaid Visa Vanilla, then you might need to wait and see what springs up in place of UGC, cause given how many games UGC are able to be used on, I'm sure that something will come along.

You might also give PayPal a phone call or send them an email and see if they have any other ways for you to verify your account.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

Turns out I gotta pay 38$ to get 3k balens on wartune which is a total ripoff. Considering CashU/Ukash I've dealt with both of those and they're exactly as you said not-user friendly. And plus I can't buy them online. Now considering the Western Union thing, I can't see how that's useful? And now for the paypal if I mail/call them, and since now I live in Egypt for college, I'll still won't be able to receive money which will become pointless.
                            Thanks alot for your help, and is there anyway to speed things up cus as you know there's a new event coming up and I really wanna participate (and this one as well).
                            PS: in your signature it's supposed to be Interested, just saying lol. And if it's possible can you find me any other non-ripoff alternative way? I've been spending my last month just trying to figure this out. Thanks alot for your help.
                            Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                            CashU, I know nothing about, and their site is not user friendly for just looking around- www.cashu.com
                            uKash is pretty much the same as OneCard, they even list them as a source to buy from on their site.

You could check Western Union's fees on their site at https://www.westernunion.com by clicking the Price Estimator links at the top of the page.

And, if you're wondering, I'm just looking under the More Choices tab in the Playspan payment window for options in Egypt and then using Google to find the sites for more information. If none of these work for you and you can't get something like a prepaid Visa Vanilla, then you might need to wait and see what springs up in place of UGC, cause given how many games UGC are able to be used on, I'm sure that something will come along.

You might also give PayPal a phone call or send them an email and see if they have any other ways for you to verify your account.

Server:
                            250 Willow Brook

Comment

Thanks for noticing the typo.

I don't know Egypt, I don't know what stores you have around. Western Union is, in most areas, a cash based payment system. You pay the retailer cash, fill out the form, the money is wired to UltimatePay, who processes it for R2.

There's no real way to rush this, though we do know Playspan is actively looking for alternatives. If you have any suggestions for available options in your area, we'll be happy to pass those along.

Comment

Working...
                              X