Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the best requirements for playing WARTUNE?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the best requirements for playing WARTUNE?

I am leaning to think that it is best to play wartune on a desktop computer or a really powerful laptop. As far as I notice even on a lower configuration desktop works better that a bit higher configuration laptop.

What is actually need it for Wartune game to improve the quality of the game (speed, effects..etc.)?

Good CPU and SSD.
    Edit: the problem with most laptops is that they overheat pretty fast, and after they run slower. So a good cooling system can also help with laptops.
    IGN: AncientEvil
    Server: EU-271+merged
    Class: Archer
    Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

From desktop runs better than laptop as ancev said, but requirements to play Wartune are way far than having a good pc, such as a lot of ca$$$$$$h.
      Player: sunshinε
      Server: US West - S354 Crystal Well
      Guild: LostSouls

Class: Knight
      Level: 80
      Battle Rating: 498k

Not antisocial, just anti-stupidity.

Comment

im on a laptop and i dont lag usually. However i noticed that when i play with my graphic card enabled that i lag more than when i use graphic through CPU.
        The thing is that since wartune is a browser game, graphic card is of less important. Cpu would be the best thing to have.

However always maintain your pc/latop/whatever. Be sure to clear cache once a while. This can greatly reduce lag.

Last tip: dont buy an awesome pc/laptop to play wartune, buy an awesome pc/laptop to do everything you want.

Comment

Thank You for the advises. I had lags, but now I know exactly what I need.

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by fenrir67 View Post
            im on a laptop and i dont lag usually. However i noticed that when i play with my graphic card enabled that i lag more than when i use graphic through CPU.
            The thing is that since wartune is a browser game, graphic card is of less important. Cpu would be the best thing to have.
            As far as I remember (haven't programmed anything in flash for a few years, don't follow the latest releases), Flash couldn't use GPU and could only use CPU.
            Also, Flash has plenty of memory leaks, so increasing virtual memory is worth consideration as well.

Comment

You need to buy (make) a PC with a Xenon CPU(server CPU) and 15MB internet bandwhit, gamers rams, quad core graphic card, supercooler system for all that.. maybe with that
              R2-S426 Redwicky (merged)
              Archer Linkoneusc
              Legion Guild

1+1=3

Comment

Originally posted by Linkoneusc View Post
                You need to buy (make) a PC with a Xenon CPU(server CPU) and 15MB internet bandwhit, gamers rams, quad core graphic card, supercooler system for all that.. maybe with that
                20Mbps Internet connection. Intel Core i7-4700MQ 2.4 GHz, 16GB RAM DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M - 4096 MB, SanDisk SSD drive.
                Max CPU temp. 70-74°C.
                Still lagging.

Comment

I Have One Question Please.

Will I have any problem or lags if I play Wartune on a Desktop Computer?

Comment

Originally posted by Caballero1321 View Post
                    As far as I remember (haven't programmed anything in flash for a few years, don't follow the latest releases), Flash couldn't use GPU and could only use CPU.
                    Also, Flash has plenty of memory leaks, so increasing virtual memory is worth consideration as well.
                    flash ver 10 and above has a hardware acceleration, which use GPU to get a higher quality. however, many reports that it didnt reduce the lag in flash gaming and some even said it actually makes it worse. so it might be better to turn off the option.
                    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.RobertSon View Post
                      I Have One Question Please.

Will I have any problem or lags if I play Wartune on a Desktop Computer?
                      Yes. There is always the likely possibility that a developer will make a few errors in any published software. This is especially true with "living" games such as Wartune, with new features and fixes on a usually-weekly basis. There is always the possibility of lag, because your computer has to send information across thousand of miles of wire and fiber-optic line to tell the server what you're doing, and hear from the server what others are doing and what's happening to you. Often we lag because all that communication is going on while trying to download missing game media, such as when you do TOK for the first time, and see clothing you've never seen before, making your computer put a lot of your bandwidth towards getting those media files.

There's also some very annoying bugs, like what I believe is a memory leak in TOK. After fighting 3 or 4 levels, I'm lagging (framerate, not network) so badly that I have to reload the game to be of any use to my party. There is nothing we can do about this lag no matter how powerful our computers because a memory leak WILL eventually eat all available resources a computer has and crash either the game or the operating system.

The "best" requirements for playing Wartune not only include a clean, well-cooled desktop computer with a recent graphics card, but also techniques that we every-day-all-day players have developed or discovered, and a state of mind that we play the game despite its flaws. It is a beautiful game that challenges me daily (sometimes challenging more my patience than my skill and dedication) and even if I have to reload often or sit through lengthy updates for Flash and Windows, those problems won't be enough to quit.

Dumb story you don't want to read:
                      I started playing on a new server with my cousin in March. I will not name it in public because it is a different host, and I don't know R2's policy on that. I used an 8 year old half busted Toshiba laptop that I had already repaired from completely dead twice, because it was the only computer available to me. This laptop has (it still works) a single core AMD processor at ~2GHz, with a motherboard that absolutely will not support more than 2 GB of RAM. I'm somewhere just under expert when it comes to tinkering with PC's, so I disabled absolutely everything that wasn't a necessity in playing the game. From unused (seemingly nonexistant) USB ports and internal hubs, to the sound card, to Windows services that I probably shouldn't fool with even with knowing how/when/why I can disable them safely. I spent a while in Registry Editor "hacking" in new settings on my Catalyst Control Center and my WIFI card driver and tweaking settings to absolute maximum performance

I became a beast on the server and held top 10 until a recent merge with some powerful cashers moved me to 14th. With a single core laptop that's older than my two nephews.

Comment

Flash use CPU and Ram.
                        Character - Taggen
                        Server - S100 Goulpass Keep
                        Class - Archer
                        Battle Rating -2.4M BR
                        Slyph - Orange Electro, Light, Dark
                        Highest CW ranking - 26th

Comment

Thank you so very much

Comment

Thanks all for your opinions.
                            Last edited by Motorase; 07-12-2014, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sunshinε View Post
                              From desktop runs better than laptop as ancev said, but requirements to play Wartune are way far than having a good pc, such as a lot of ca$$$$$$h.
                              That is a different story and maybe a different thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X